Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2022, 09:07 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times

Advertisements

He is our friend and a genius.

Old 03-03-2022, 09:07 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,730,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I believe our government should immediately tell the Russians that if they touch that nuclear power plant again we will intervene militarily.

Hitting that nuclear facility cannot be tolerated, it is a direct threat to all of us. Yes that is worth risking war to prevent.
And what would that acomplish?

Old 03-03-2022, 09:08 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
Surprised the Russian cheerleaders haven’t appeared here yet. They’re all over the Europe threads spreading the Putin propaganda.

Old 03-03-2022, 09:10 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,883,450 times
The movie ' Doctor No. Hi I lived to love the bomb

Old 03-03-2022, 09:10 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
It most likely wasn't a targeted attack, mistakes happen during conflicts. The Russians have stopped firing near the plant so the firemen could put out the fire.
There is no reason to think it was a mistake. Were all the apartments, schools, hospitals, and shopping malls he bombed today mistakes? Until proven otherwise, it was intentional.

Old 03-03-2022, 09:25 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,632 times
Ukraine will not win this war and many of our weapons will likely fall into enemy hands soon. The west flirted with Zelensky to join NATO and put a giant target on their head. Now Zelensky is pleading for NATO to impose a no fly zone which would put us in WW3. I feel terrible for Zelensky and don’t blame him for trying everything to save his country, I blame western leaders for putting Ukraine in this untenable position when we knew the stakes with Putin.

Old 03-03-2022, 09:27 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Well, that's reasonable. Every patriot of his country believes that his country is the best and its leaders are the best. And I think the same about my country.

Baloney. It started long before the Crimea. This has been going on since the Cold War.

The clearest example is the expression of Margaret Thatcher:

"There should be about 15 million Russians left, the minimum number sufficient to extract raw materials and maintain gas and oil pipelines"

"The Soviet Union is a country that posed a serious threat to the Western world. I'm not talking about a military threat. She, in fact, was not. Our countries are fairly well armed, including nuclear weapons. I mean the economic threat."

And what about the plans to occupy part of the USSR to capture Moscow?

http://zarubezhom.com/Fotoalbom12/im...ossii1_jpg.jpg
Maggie's comment was leagues before Putin plundered Russia. Moot point now, for the most part.

Old 03-03-2022, 09:33 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There is no reason to think it was a mistake. Were all the apartments, schools, hospitals, and shopping malls he bombed today mistakes? Until proven otherwise, it was intentional.
Sounds like war to me..

Old 03-03-2022, 09:36 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Ukraine will not win this war and many of our weapons will likely fall into enemy hands soon. The west flirted with Zelensky to join NATO and put a giant target on their head. Now Zelensky is pleading for NATO to impose a no fly zone which would put us in WW3. I feel terrible for Zelensky and don’t blame him for trying everything to save his country, I blame western leaders for putting Ukraine in this untenable position when we knew the stakes with Putin.
Russia may occupy some of Ukraine but they don't have the resources to hold it. Ukraine has over 40 million people that are armed to the teeth. Who exactly is going to occupy this land? How many Russians would that take?? The Ukrainians will bleed Russia dry with an very active insurrection. What was Putin thinking???

Old 03-03-2022, 09:40 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,614,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Don't deceive yourself. He is absolutely faithful, this question. The entire current policy of the West towards Russia is based on these premises. And I don’t think that he robbed Russia, but the opposite. He increased her wealth. And which one of us is right?
The truth is right, and your dictator Putin won't even allow it on tv, making the truth a crime and shutting down 2 tv stations this week. The free voice of people is the right, and your dictator won't even allow people to protest peacefully.
Nobody has to hide the truth unless they have something to hide. Your dictator has a lot to hide from his people, just like North Korea controls all media. But the truth eventually gets set free, doesn't it? And it will. And the Truth will set you free too, once you stop breathing in the lies told to you by Putin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies