Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2022, 01:13 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

My theory about the killer. He killed those kids because he wanted to make other people suffer. He has no known manifesto. However, why would a person go shoot and kill children? To inflict destruction upon others and the community. One man in Uvalde recently died of a heart attack. His wife was one of the faculty members murdered. I say he died from being heartbroken. His beloved of over 24 years was murdered. And the killer? That's likely what he wanted. To kill someone's spouse, that inflicts plenty of suffering. And he murdered 19 children. No decent part wants the pain of having to bury their child. And this is what plenty of parents now have to do.

Ramos is dead now. However, my theory is this. He didn't care what happened next. All he wanted to do was inflict severe pain on everything and everyone. Murdering children at a school was his way of doing that.

On another note, the shooter's father is more apologetic than the mother. The father apologized to Uvalde for his son's shooting.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:14 PM

19,813 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyroad70 View Post
Where did that crazy kid get $5000.00 to buy those guns in the first place?
Now THAT is a good question!!

I think this might be too soon to know the answer to your post, so I Googled, "How did the Columbine killers get enough money to buy their weapons?" and NOTHING came up that answered the question, just how they were able to get the guns by enlisting the aid of other people to buy the guns FOR them.

Maybe things are different now, but I don't know of too many 18-year-olds from even a middle-class family who have a spare couple of thousand bucks lying around, let alone a kid in a poor community.

Maybe someone reading this can enlighten me?

Old 05-27-2022, 01:15 PM

21,148 posts, read 19,729,843 times
There's a reason for everything we do. Unless we ask why, we will never stop these killings.

As for forgiveness: the guy is dead so it is a moot point. If he was alive, I would say he needs to be punished to the fullest extent, then forgiven.

As for the mother's complicity, it's possible. Bad parenting plays a part, but I don't know about this case specifically.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:17 PM

8,342 posts, read 2,967,739 times
Ronaldo Reyes, 72, Ramos’ grandfather, told ABC News he was unaware that his grandson had purchased two AR-15-style rifles, or that they were in the house.

Being a convicted felon, it is illegal for Reyes to live in a house where firearms are present.

“I didn’t know he had weapons. If I’d have known, I would have reported it,” Reyes said.

He could by lying. I doubt most convicted felons would admit they knew their were firearms in their homes that were used in a mass murder.

I’m assuming if you are a felon and firearms are found in your home you can’t simply get away with it by saying, “I didn’t know”. There should be a penalty.

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
There's a reason for everything we do. Unless we ask why, we will never stop these killings.
Why do you think Ramos shot those children?

1,870 posts, read 2,390,570 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Now THAT is a good question!!

I think this might be too soon to know the answer to your post, so I Googled, "How did the Columbine killers get enough money to buy their weapons?" and NOTHING came up that answered the question, just how they were able to get the guns by enlisting the aid of other people to buy the guns FOR them.

Maybe things are different now, but I don't know of too many 18-year-olds from even a middle-class family who have a spare couple of thousand bucks lying around, let alone a kid in a poor community.

Maybe one of your reading this can enlighten me?
He had dropped out of school and was working at Wendy's full time. He lived with his grandparents, so he had minimal living expenses, and was able to save most of his earnings.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:18 PM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
- When you have a school that, for whatever reason, doesn't lock every.single.door every day and check it, that's not following a safety protocol.
Not sure about that. Locking classroom doors at schools is apparently controversial.

https://passk12.org/classroom-door-l...om-door-locks/

https://blog.fentress.com/blog/three...lassroom-doors

Old 05-27-2022, 01:19 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,088,506 times
Quote:
You should probably read the thread. He was working and saved all of his earnings to purchase the guns.

I haven't seen any reports that he spent $5,000. What is your source for that amount?

Old 05-27-2022, 01:20 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Except the police are not reporting all that they know. They are reporting very little, and a lot of what they have been reporting is just not true.
People are hounding them for answers. So they tell them what they THINK they know. I don't understand why anyone expects them, or ANYONE ELSE, to know everything that happened. They don't. And they won't, for a few days after such an event. This is always the case. No different.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:21 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
My theory about the killer. He killed those kids because he wanted to make other people suffer. He has no known manifesto. However, why would a person go shoot and kill children? To inflict destruction upon others and the community. One man in Uvalde recently died of a heart attack. His wife was one of the faculty members murdered. I say he died from being heartbroken. His beloved of over 24 years was murdered. And the killer? That's likely what he wanted. To kill someone's spouse, that inflicts plenty of suffering. And he murdered 19 children. No decent part wants the pain of having to bury their child. And this is what plenty of parents now have to do.

Ramos is dead now. However, my theory is this. He didn't care what happened next. All he wanted to do was inflict severe pain on everything and everyone. Murdering children at a school was his way of doing that.

On another note, the shooter's father is more apologetic than the mother. The father apologized to Uvalde for his son's shooting.
I think you are right. His pain from being bullied and picked on all his life by kids because of his speech impediment may have sent him over the edge. Of course to those of us whose pain hasn't crossed us over into mental illness, that's not any sort of justification, but in his mind, it may have been that "other kids" were the enemy, and in some twisted way in his brain, he was getting revenge for never having had the chance to be a normal kid like they were.

Just my 2 cents, but I'm not a psychiatrist, nor do I play one on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies