Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2022, 11:43 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMo View Post
Can’t imagine this is where your brain goes when these cops screwed up and watched a bunch of kids die.

I guess this is what happens when everyone is on a team and has to blindly follow everyone on their team and can’t question any of these people because I’d be siding with my “enemy”

Political loyalty is pathetic
If the cops screwed up then fire them or jail them, isn't that what you want behind your keyboard? That doesn't prevent future crimes, does it? Cops do 2 things: Prevents crime by intel and surveillance and monitor and tracking to prevent crimes and investigate crimes after it happens . The first one is the more important.

This flew over your head.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:44 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMo View Post
Abbot the Texas governor cut the mental health funding in Texas by 200M
That doesn’t negate my point. In fact, it demonstrates all the more clearly that the states need funds, not Ukraine.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:47 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceVierce View Post
Agree OP, the mom said something pretty stupid. She should be questioned. I also understand she’s probably the in an irrational state of denial that her kid is a child murdering demon.

With that being said,

Lmao, ok dude. You just had to insert that somewhere. Wonder why?

What's wrong?

Can't blame this on white supremacists?

Notice the media overall is pretty silent on this kid.

Doesn't fit their preferred stereotype.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:50 AM

18,104 posts, read 15,676,604 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, our kids have crappy unsafe schools
Not necessarily.

- When you have a school that, for whatever reason, doesn't lock every.single.door every day and check it, that's not following a safety protocol.

- When you have a school with no armed guards ("resource officers") on duty every minute of the school day, that's not following a safety protocol.

- When you have a system that anyone can walk in without being checked, that's not following a safety protocol.

- If you have a school that isn't live video monitored at all entrance/exit points and doesn't have cams in place, that's not following a safety protocol.

Safety protocols are no good if they aren't established AND followed all the time, every day, no matter what.

Those simple actions don't cost billions, and if every school had and followed those policies 100%, it would help prevent lunatics like this last one getting to their target.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:53 AM

10,872 posts, read 4,540,181 times
I dunno if anyone has been watching the pressers live - I have during lunch because MSM wants to tape them, edit them, narrate them etc...

There are plans in place in the US for the stuff - climbing each day. But they are not uniformly applied, studied or executed.

2 glarings:

1) once again, the perp telegraphed his intentions LONG before the act. many times, too many people. But as it was discovered, the social apps he uses were not tracking it with AI or bots because there was nothing in his postings that identified him as a conservative...which is the only trigger that will get you noticed online for moderation, deletion etc. This particular wagon of horsecrap has to stop.

2) who and why was that door propped open? thats a heart breaker

TDPS is gonna beat itself up over this for years...

but if you see something say something is never clearer. And im not talking swatting someone because they watch tucker at night. when someone says they wanna shoot something...believe them at your level and get someone at a higher level to check it out. red flag legislation like just got stomped out in the senate might have ALSO prevented this.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:58 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
This is a great article....Imperialist Russia Must De-Colonize

Decolonize Russia
I get it, but it doesn't seem realistic.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:58 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Here we go. It’s terrible what happened but I can’t wait for all of the radical left wingers to scream “gun control” when that will do nothing. Anyone who has the desire to shoot someone will find a way to do it. It will most likely be done with an illegal gun owned by and unlicensed shooter. Most responsible gun owners would never do this. Making all guns illegal will,only in response these shootings because the only ones with guns will be the criminals and nut jobs. Just screen people better and stop selling guns to people with mental or emotional issues. The screening process is a joke.
Gun contro does not mean making guns illegal. How do you screen peolle better without through background checks which means gub controlwhich you oppose.

Old 05-27-2022, 12:00 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceVierce View Post
Agree OP, the mom said something pretty stupid. She should be questioned. I also understand she’s probably the in an irrational state of denial that her kid is a child murdering demon.

With that being said,

Lmao, ok dude. You just had to insert that somewhere. Wonder why?
Hey it fits in with C-D lingo.

Old 05-27-2022, 12:02 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
2) who and why was that door propped open? thats a heart breaker
After my layoff fourteen years ago, I took a job in security. One of those jobs had me driving around to various public schools in the town where I lived and walking the perimeter of each school checking for open windows and doors. I almost always found one unlocked door at a school. The schools where this did not happen were few and far between. My shifts were either second or third, but I imagine those on first found the same things even at schools with SROs on site.

We would let our dispatcher know and write it up in our reports. Our reports and that of the dispatcher were always seen by our bosses at the security company as well as the people at the school district and the problem never got better while I worked that job.

So it is not a surprise to me that there was an unlocked door that should not have been unlocked.

Old 05-27-2022, 12:05 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Gun contro does not mean making guns illegal. How do you screen peolle better without through background checks which means gub controlwhich you oppose.
Huh? your post is contradicting. That is not what the anti-gun crowd wants. They wan to make many guns illegal and make it harder to access for everybody. The problem is not 99.9% of gun owners. Deal with the criminals and the demand to kill and live a life of crimes.

They want to start a conversation then start with the demand issue regardless how many more gun laws they want to pass for symbolic reasons to make them feel better at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies