Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did Russia attack Ukraine?
Because of constant NATO expansion 29 21.01%
Because of failed diplomacy by Biden and other NATO powers 21 15.22%
Russia was putting a stop to a secret biological weapons program in Ukraine 0 0%
Russia wants Ukraine's gas reserves 11 7.97%
Putin is evil and wants to re-establish the Soviet empire 66 47.83%
This is all a giant puppet game, a distraction to revert your eyes from the Covid debacle 11 7.97%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 06:55 AM

35,796 posts, read 21,184,619 times

Advertisements

Follow the money. But it’s going to backfire. And probably taking too many steroids- his mind getting affected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 06:55 AM

9,571 posts, read 4,395,820 times
Putin is a big baby and is still butt hurt over the defeats the Soviet Union has suffered in the past. He fancies himself to be the guy who will make the world right again. He's now taking advantage of the opportunity provided by a weak US POTUS. Putin is a petulant child.

Old 03-02-2022, 06:57 AM

3,763 posts, read 1,458,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
In your humble opinion, why do you think Russia attacked Ukraine?
Is Russia or the NATO powers more to blame?
What other factors are involved?
One is the expansion of nato. The other is failed diplomacy with united states nato and Russia. The other is to revive Russian empire/Soviet empire which both empires had Ukraine as a buffer. Even the Mongol empire had Ukraine as a buffer from the west.

Old 03-02-2022, 07:14 AM

33,598 posts, read 18,241,782 times
I am starting to believe that Biden is actually on purpose helping Russia because the communist marxists are telling him to supply Putin to destroy Ukraine. We know the cancer of communism runs through the Democrat party that is for sure. To stop our lifeline and fund Russia and their military is just what Biden is doing. Putin does not want democracy he is a dictator and a former KGB agent living under communism for years.. our own country is being taken over by the Communists. Why else would Biden fund Russia and put our country at risk taking down and putting sanctions on our gas supply and opening up Russia's?.

Old 03-02-2022, 07:35 AM

13,649 posts, read 4,373,047 times
Russia did what We would have done if Mexico sides with Russia and puts nukes on our border pointing at us. The difference is We would have done it sooner, more destruction and the media spinning it for the government.

If Mexico ever did that, the wall is coming real quick and high with crocodiles and sharks with high power voltage.

Russia is smacking little brother for trying to slip in NATO to Russia's border and think Putin wasn't going to notice.

Old 03-02-2022, 07:42 AM

19,105 posts, read 12,789,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am starting to believe that Biden is actually on purpose helping Russia because the communist marxists are telling him to supply Putin to destroy Ukraine. We know the cancer of communism runs through the Democrat party that is for sure. To stop our lifeline and fund Russia and their military is just what Biden is doing. Putin does not want democracy he is a dictator and a former KGB agent living under communism for years.. our own country is being taken over by the Communists. Why else would Biden fund Russia and put our country at risk taking down and putting sanctions on our gas supply and opening up Russia's?.
It's the opposite, Biden was funding Ukraine which angered Putin. Joe Biden also received millions of dollars in bribes from Ukraine and from China through his son Hunter Biden

Old 03-02-2022, 07:56 AM

4,593 posts, read 2,311,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I think we're all being lied to by the news media. The Spin and Deceit has happened too many times for me not to question what I'm hearing about who's who in this war.

I heard this once on the news, then never again. Putin said (though an interpreter) his intention is to rid the Ukraine of the Nazis. Anyone else hear that?

Then, I saw a NewsMax segment with Michael Savage. He mentioned hearing the same thing, but the reporters interrupted him, trying to shut him up. Why?
Anyone hear that? Savage says the news media is purposely making Zelensky into a hero, and Putin the bad guy, when in fact, none of it is true. Putin, he says, is certainly no saint, but the truth is being twisted before an ignorant public. It's anyone's guess as to why.

Me? I don't know. I'm not there. All I know is this.

Putin hates the Nazis. Always has. It was Russia who helped liberate and close down the Nazi death camps during WW2. Not the Ukraine. It was the Ukrainians, not the Russians, who helped the Nazi run those death camps. They slaughtered millions.

I also haven't forgotten that Zelensky has banned the adult men from the Ukraine from leaving the country. He's making them fight and die. Only the females and children have been allowed to leave.

Man, I just don't believe anything I hear anymore because of years of lying to the public.
I heard this too about the Nazis and I agree, I don't believe anything our government or the news media tell us.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:03 AM

45,755 posts, read 27,396,478 times
Read up.

PUTIN WANTS UKRAINE’S RICH RESOURCES

Oct 2020 - The Forgotten Potential of Ukraine’s Energy Reserves

Aug 2009 - UKRAINE'S MOST UNDERVALUED RESOURCE, RICH BLACK SOIL, BECOMES FOCUS OF GROWING BATTLE OVER LAND

As Russian Forces Roll into Eastern Ukraine, Putin Grabs Yet Another Prize: Ores And Energy

You have to learn to follow the money. Stop thinking that you are getting the proper perspective from the typical propaganda press outlets.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:07 AM

27,708 posts, read 28,825,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
In your humble opinion, why do you think Russia attacked Ukraine?
Putin attacked Ukraine because he felt like it.

Same reason Bush attacked Iraq.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:09 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,012,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The Biden Crime Syndicate received their 10% to end US energy independence thus diverting energy revenues to Russia to fund Putin's Invasion.

And there were obvious green lights for Putin to go ahead with the Invasion:

1. the reckless, humiliating retreat by the US Military from Afghanistan;

2. no NATO military aid or troop movements to counter the massive buildup of Russia forces on three sides of Ukraine which was obviously NOT an exercise!

3. and most recently - the complete absence of any NATO or US warship performing Freedom of Navigation Operations (FONOP) in the Black Sea in the last 30 days leading up to Putin's Invasion!
Quote:
A French warship completed a tour in early January and no major NATO naval ally has patrolled its waters since
Source: Reuters: NATO leaves Black Sea exposed as Russia invades Ukraine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies