Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did Russia attack Ukraine?
Because of constant NATO expansion 29 21.01%
Because of failed diplomacy by Biden and other NATO powers 21 15.22%
Russia was putting a stop to a secret biological weapons program in Ukraine 0 0%
Russia wants Ukraine's gas reserves 11 7.97%
Putin is evil and wants to re-establish the Soviet empire 66 47.83%
This is all a giant puppet game, a distraction to revert your eyes from the Covid debacle 11 7.97%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 07:14 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,059,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Q: Why did Russia attack Ukraine?

A: Just like the chicken: To get to the other side.
He was Russian to get over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 07:41 PM

33,598 posts, read 18,245,269 times
Biden told Putin he could go into Ukraine. Biden gave them the okay. Putin thinks taking a minor incursion is the whole country and then some.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:53 PM

412 posts, read 162,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I think we're all being lied to by the news media. The Spin and Deceit has happened too many times for me not to question what I'm hearing about who's who in this war.

I heard this once on the news, then never again. Putin said (though an interpreter) his intention is to rid the Ukraine of the Nazis. Anyone else hear that?

Then, I saw a NewsMax segment with Michael Savage. He mentioned hearing the same thing, but the reporters interrupted him, trying to shut him up. Why?
Anyone hear that? Savage says the news media is purposely making Zelensky into a hero, and Putin the bad guy, when in fact, none of it is true. Putin, he says, is certainly no saint, but the truth is being twisted before an ignorant public. It's anyone's guess as to why.

Me? I don't know. I'm not there. All I know is this.

Putin hates the Nazis. Always has. It was Russia who helped liberate and close down the Nazi death camps during WW2. Not the Ukraine. It was the Ukrainians, not the Russians, who helped the Nazi run those death camps. They slaughtered millions.

I also haven't forgotten that Zelensky has banned the adult men from the Ukraine from leaving the country. He's making them fight and die. Only the females and children have been allowed to leave.

Man, I just don't believe anything I hear anymore because of years of lying to the public.
Exactly. And when they were caught in a lie, there was never a retraction or apology.
They have no credibility.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:58 PM

412 posts, read 162,174 times
Here's a short video from a man who lives there, describing the situation.
This was from Monday, Feb 28.

https://rumble.com/vw6poo-ukraine-wh...s-in-kiev.html

Old 03-02-2022, 09:03 PM

25,669 posts, read 17,441,137 times
Quote:
I think we're all being lied to by the news media. ...........Man, I just don't believe anything I hear anymore because of years of lying to the public.
C'mon. All the media is lying? ALL the time?! Like, they all got together and all decided to tell the same lie, even though they are interviewing different people and showing different videos.
Can't happen. Isn't happening.
SOME news outlets lie. It's not that hard to figure out which ones. Sky News; Daily Brief; ITV News; France 24 (France); BBC (UK); Rueters DW News (Germany)........ You think ALL of those news outlets, ALL of whom regularly post interviews, videos and opinions on Youtube, ALL got together to tell a story that is not true?
Nah.

The truth is out there for you to find and learn if you want to. EVERYONE is not lying to you.

Old 03-02-2022, 09:07 PM

10,599 posts, read 4,124,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am starting to believe that Biden is actually on purpose helping Russia because the communist marxists are telling him to supply Putin to destroy Ukraine. We know the cancer of communism runs through the Democrat party that is for sure. To stop our lifeline and fund Russia and their military is just what Biden is doing. Putin does not want democracy he is a dictator and a former KGB agent living under communism for years.. our own country is being taken over by the Communists. Why else would Biden fund Russia and put our country at risk taking down and putting sanctions on our gas supply and opening up Russia's?.
Eh, I don't think he's trying to destroy Ukraine. I think it's NATO he's after. Europe has gone out of style for the USA. It's too white, too bland and the best way to do away with it is to get rid of NATO. USA has better partners now with China and our buddies South of the border. He may have put these sanctions on, but at the same time he's still buying oil from Russia.

Old 03-02-2022, 09:43 PM

25,669 posts, read 17,441,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry M. View Post
Russia wants Ukraine's gas reserves??
Are you serious? Ukraine doesn't have it. They bought it from Russia all the time.
Actually, Ukraine has discovered they have 39T cubic feet of gas reserves. That is one component of Putins interest in Ukraine. Some of the reserves are in Ukraine proper, but some are just offshore in The Black Sea.
Putin may satisfy himself by capturing the entire coast of Ukraine, thereby creating a landlocked country. The Russians certainly look like they are one the way to accomplishing that.
Quote:
Ukraine holds 39 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 23rd in the world and accounting for about 1% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.

Old 03-02-2022, 09:51 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,261,722 times
Quote:
I think we're all being lied to by the news media. The Spin and Deceit has happened too many times for me not to question what I'm hearing about who's who in this war.

I heard this once on the news, then never again. Putin said (though an interpreter) his intention is to rid the Ukraine of the Nazis. Anyone else hear that?

Then, I saw a NewsMax segment with Michael Savage. He mentioned hearing the same thing, but the reporters interrupted him, trying to shut him up. Why?
Anyone hear that? Savage says the news media is purposely making Zelensky into a hero, and Putin the bad guy, when in fact, none of it is true. Putin, he says, is certainly no saint, but the truth is being twisted before an ignorant public. It's anyone's guess as to why.

Me? I don't know. I'm not there. All I know is this.

Putin hates the Nazis. Always has. It was Russia who helped liberate and close down the Nazi death camps during WW2. Not the Ukraine. It was the Ukrainians, not the Russians, who helped the Nazi run those death camps. They slaughtered millions.

I also haven't forgotten that Zelensky has banned the adult men from the Ukraine from leaving the country. He's making them fight and die. Only the females and children have been allowed to leave.

Man, I just don't believe anything I hear anymore because of years of lying to the public.
We have enough Russian propagandists on this forum, but American apologists of Putin really irk me for some reason.

Nazis were defined, and are defined, first and foremost by the horrific things they did to Jews in particular but also many other minority groups. If such atrocities were committed in Ukraine, under a Jewish president no less, and known by Russia then it was incumbent upon Putin to apprise the UN of such events and open an international investigation.

That never happened. Because such atrocities never happened. Putin is labeling pro-western actors in Ukraine as Nazis because it’s attractive propaganda ready for consumption by the Russian public. The fact that you, presumably American, are also eating that up is unfortunate given all the information you have access to.

The only crimes against humanity that have occurred in Ukraine in recent memory have been against ethnic Ukrainians by Putin. Period. End of story. Quit filling your head with Putin’s trash and lies.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:00 AM

755 posts, read 502,358 times
There's a few things I'd like to mention here. First off, this poll needs more options. I'd vote for the second to last one, except I don't necessarily think Putin is "evil" any more than any other world leader. But yes, I think the return of the Russian Empire is what he's mainly after. He's not exactly shy about it.

Exhibit A: https://mil.in.ua/en/news/brave-new-...on-of-ukraine/

As for some links posted on this thread by other posters, I invite you guys to visit the other pages on those links. You'll immediately notice that those websites on not objective, they're definitely agenda driven. And yes, I realize my link is not an objective source either, so I'll admit that. But, moving on...

And now I'll tell you this, I'm from Ukraine, my family still lives in Ukraine, and they're there now. We're also Jews. We're not thrilled with Azov Battalion, Right Sector, Svoboda, also there are a bunch of subgroups too, because yes there's definitely a Nazi element in there. BUT, not everybody in those groups is a Nazi, and frankly there are lots of other problems in Ukraine other than Nazis (who are fairly small in number per population %). Zelinskyi is jewish, everybody knows it...yet he got 73% of the Ukrainian vote in 2019. The dude from Svoboda party got <2% lol. And in any case, any internal problems in Ukraine are for Ukraine to work out. The idea that Russia invaded to work out Ukraine's Nazi problem is absolutely laughable.

Old 03-08-2022, 04:49 PM

39,922 posts, read 26,628,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
We have enough Russian propagandists on this forum, but American apologists of Putin really irk me for some reason.

Nazis were defined, and are defined, first and foremost by the horrific things they did to Jews in particular but also many other minority groups. If such atrocities were committed in Ukraine, under a Jewish president no less, and known by Russia then it was incumbent upon Putin to apprise the UN of such events and open an international investigation.

That never happened. Because such atrocities never happened. Putin is labeling pro-western actors in Ukraine as Nazis because it’s attractive propaganda ready for consumption by the Russian public. The fact that you, presumably American, are also eating that up is unfortunate given all the information you have access to.

The only crimes against humanity that have occurred in Ukraine in recent memory have been against ethnic Ukrainians by Putin. Period. End of story. Quit filling your head with Putin’s trash and lies.
You have to realize, we have an entire political party, as well as a massive, coordinated media apparatus, that does the same. They label anyone that they oppose, that doesn't submit to their positions or selected "leaders" as "Nazis", as "Hitler" or as "racists" or "fascists". All of course with no evidence, and frankly with no clue just how stupid they look. They seem to think that just throwing out those terms is enough to justifiy any atrocity or indecency they choose. It ain't just Putin that "leads" this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies