Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2022, 07:57 AM

21,380 posts, read 7,995,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What page is it on about 89% of people dying from Covid being vaccinated? I really would like to see it. Not reading through 58 pages. Someone on this thread must have read it since they posted about it.
Then read through the thread??? It's the entire topic of the thread. Numbers are all over the place being discussed by posters.

[]

Old 03-03-2022, 08:22 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,447,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
It's not wrong!

It's a fact. About 9 out of every 10 Covid deaths presently in the UK are vaccinated.

If that fact is inconvenient for certain narratives or people, then the problem lies with those narratives or people.
That is not a fact.

It's a fact that a very skewed, some might even say cherry-picked, window of time that 89% of the people that died were vaccinated.

If I get a sample of 1 person on 1 day, is it then justified to claim 100% of people who died are unvaxxed? It's not technically wrong, but it most certainly intentionally misleading.

Hence my reference to "just asking the question", which employs the same sort of underhandedness.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:24 AM

2,284 posts, read 641,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
That is not a fact.

It's a fact that a very skewed, some might even say cherry-picked, window of time that 89% of the people that died were vaccinated.

If I get a sample of 1 person on 1 day, is it then justified to claim 100% of people who died are unvaxxed? It's not technically wrong, but it most certainly intentionally misleading.

Hence my reference to "just asking the question", which employs the same sort of underhandedness.
This sample of time includes thousands of deaths, over 60+ million people.

And it's consistent with a trend.

Intelligent people ask questions. Stupid people accept what they're told.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:40 AM

237 posts, read 97,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What page is it on about 89% of people dying from Covid being vaccinated? I really would like to see it. Not reading through 58 pages. Someone on this thread must have read it since they posted about it.
Table 12a

4,883 people died with 28 days of positive COVID-19 test between week 4 2022 and week 7 2022.
4,302 of those were jabbed.

4302 / (4883 - 22 unlinked persons) = 89%

Old 03-03-2022, 08:46 AM

4,682 posts, read 5,014,392 times
Quote:
That is not a fact.

If I offer you an over-under of 8.5 on the next 10 Covid deaths in the UK being vaccinated, and I price the under at even odds (i.e., you're betting a dollar to win a dollar), do you take that bet? If you do, I'm ripping you off. Think about it.

You don't say how the 89% is skewed or cherry-picked. You just don't like the fact that an absolutely massive sample of Covid deaths in a very recent period are coming out 89% vaccinated...so you say it's skewed or cherry-picked (you don't say which).

Meanwhile, people who expect about nine out of every 10 Covid deaths in the UK to come from vaccinated people will continue to be right, and people who "bet" against that will continue to "take losses."

Old 03-03-2022, 08:48 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,369,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgecko View Post
this sample of time includes thousands of deaths, over 60+ million people.

And it's consistent with a trend.

Intelligent people ask questions. Stupid people accept what they're told.
bingo

Old 03-03-2022, 08:50 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,817,107 times
The vaccine does not work. Just stating the obvious.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:50 AM

21,380 posts, read 7,995,507 times
Quote:
If I offer you an over-under of 8.5 on the next 10 Covid deaths in the UK being vaccinated, and I price the under at even odds (i.e., you're betting a dollar to win a dollar), do you take that bet? If you do, I'm ripping you off. Think about it.

You don't say how the 89% is skewed. You just don't like the fact that an absolutely massive sample of Covid deaths in a very recent period are coming out 89% vaccinated...so you say it's skewed.

Meanwhile, people who expect about nine out of every 10 Covid deaths in the UK to come from vaccinated people will continue to be right.
I think some people just can't believe that the vaccinated can and do die from COVID.

They were told they wouldn't get sick, wouldn't be hospitalized, and wouldn't die.

Since that's not true, instead of taking a step back and saying ... huh ... vaccinated do get sick, do get hospitalized and do die of COVID... they just pretend that the numbers 'have to be wrong.'

Old 03-03-2022, 08:52 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,447,461 times
Quote:

You don't say how the 89% is skewed or cherry-picked. You just don't like the fact that an absolutely massive sample of Covid deaths in a very recent period are coming out 89% vaccinated...so you say it's skewed or cherry-picked (you don't say which).

Meanwhile, people who expect about nine out of every 10 Covid deaths in the UK to come from vaccinated people will continue to be right, and people who "bet" against that will continue to "take losses."
If you're not intellectually honest enough to recognize how this information is being mis-used, there's no point in me wasting my time pointing it out to you.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:56 AM

4,682 posts, read 5,014,392 times
Quote:
If you're not intellectually honest enough to recognize how this information is being mis-used, there's no point in me wasting my time pointing it out to you.
Why would I even want someone to give their take on "how this information is being misused," when they refuse to acknowledge -- actually, they outright deny -- the fact that currently, about 9 out of every 10 Covid deaths in the UK are vaccinated?

No good-faith conversation ever starts with, "before we discuss this, you must agree with me to sweep this glaring fact looking both of us in the face under the rug."

Last edited by tribecavsbrowns; 03-03-2022 at 09:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies