Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2022, 10:23 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,959,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
My fit and healthy 56 year old UN-VACCINATED cousin died from Covid! I thought he was 57 but he didn't even make it that far and he was a paraglider in his spare time.
Sorry for your loss. People die. He was in that barely zero risk category and his number came up.

Can you prove he wouldn't have died had he gotten vaccinated? Because the vaccinated are dying ... chances are the vaccine wouldn't have made a difference.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:29 AM

234 posts, read 95,627 times
Quote:

To keep harping on about the UK is POINTLESS because we are back to normal, Covid is done, finished, ended, all you benders of the truth (anti vaxers) can go and post elsewhere because when it comes to the UK you are TOO LATE, 90%+ of the adult population of the UK has had the vaccine we've been vaccinated, we're living back to normal, its over. There is NO point trying to persuade Britons to go without the vaccines because we've had them so go and bother somebody else with your anti-vax nonsense.
I'm happy for you guys in the UK, but I'm just using your data because our CDC (per New York Times) is hiding data because they think it'll make people not want to get jabbed. And Brandon says the unvaccinated are filling up the hospitals. So your data is the next best source of information to verify this statement.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:31 AM

4,677 posts, read 4,993,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I assume the Amish population has been killed off, I mean 32 TIMES MORE LIKELY TO DIE!!!!!

Did they have a mass burial that no one knew about?
Holmes County, Ohio, with one of the nation's largest Amish populations and consequently by far the lowest vaccination rate in Ohio, has had a total cumulative number of deaths equal to 0.41% of its population. The same figure for the entire state of Ohio? 0.31%. So that suggests some degree of vaccine effectiveness (which I have not been denying), but nowhere in the same stratosphere as a 32x effectiveness.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:43 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,041,416 times
Quote:
Sorry for your loss. People die. He was in that barely zero risk category and his number came up.

Can you prove he wouldn't have died had he gotten vaccinated? Because the vaccinated are dying ... chances are the vaccine wouldn't have made a difference.
It DOES make a difference though doesn't it!! Did you not look at the links?

To put it another way:-

January 2021 (pre vaccine) cases around 60'000 a day - deaths 1'200 a day
January 2022 (after vaccination) cases around 180'000 a day - deaths 200 a day

thats 3 times as many infections and yet still only 16.67% of the deaths pre vaccination. and most of those deaths were in the un-vaccinated!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Its perfectly easy to see just how well the vaccinations worked!

Old 03-03-2022, 10:44 AM

78,477 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Well, yeah.

Seatbelts don't prevent car accidents.

Seatbelts can also harm when a person is trapped in the car (under water, fire, other dangerous situation).

It also may not prevent your head from smashing the windshield. It won't protect you from getting killed by an airbag.

If worn improperly, they also don't help.

So, yeah, it is obvious. Wearing a seatbelt won't prevent that car accident and it also doesn't guarantee you will survive one.
That's not the logic being used in this thread nor the claim of the poster I was responding to.

53% of car deaths wore seatbelts.
47% no seatbelts.

Heck, it's safer (according to this threads logic) to just not wear a seatbelt at all.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:45 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,763,287 times
Quote:
It DOES make a difference though doesn't it!! Did you not look at the links?

To put it another way:-

January 2020 (pre vaccine) cases around 60'000 a day deaths 1'200 a day
January 2021 (after vaccination) cases around 180'000 a day deaths 200 a day

thats 3 times as many infections and yet still only 16.67% of the deaths pre vaccination. and most of those deaths were in the un-vaccinated!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Its perfectly easy to see just how well the vaccinations worked!
You’re comparing snapshots in time. The bigger picture does not necessarily show that .

You’re also comparing a time when the virus was new to a time when many had built up some protection from due to having had covid between 2020 and 2021.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:54 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,041,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You’re comparing snapshots in time. The bigger picture does not necessarily show that .

You’re also comparing a time when the virus was new to a time when many had built up some protection from due to having had covid between 2020 and 2021.
That IS the bigger picture! The vaccine has saved many thousands of lives in the UK, the vaccine meant that after July 4th last year we were free to get back into pubs and restaurants, what a bloody good thing the vaccine is! Its just a shame that my cousin didn't have any vaccinations or he would probably be alive today.
Go and peddle your anti-vax rubbish elsewhere.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:58 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,959,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Holmes County, Ohio, with one of the nation's largest Amish populations and consequently by far the lowest vaccination rate in Ohio, has had a total cumulative number of deaths equal to 0.41% of its population. The same figure for the entire state of Ohio? 0.31%. So that suggests some degree of vaccine effectiveness (which I have not been denying), but nowhere in the same stratosphere as a 32x effectiveness.
I would guess that is not statistically significant.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:58 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,763,287 times
Quote:
That IS the bigger picture! The vaccine has saved many thousands of lives in the UK, the vaccine meant that after July 4th last year we were free to get back into pubs and restaurants, what a bloody good thing the vaccine is! Its just a shame that my cousin didn't have any vaccinations or he would probably be alive today.
Go and peddle your anti-vax rubbish elsewhere.
Those are snapshots in time and ones that ignore the bigger picture.

You were free to live your lives because politicians said so.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:59 AM

9,424 posts, read 11,185,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This is clearly proof that the vaccine is working!

It is indeed. Just not the way the authorities implied. Culling the herd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies