Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 02:57 PM

984 posts, read 446,551 times

Advertisements

Imagine if a politician told teenagers, "It's much better if you wear masks. I mean please, put them on." The Karens would be crying and screaming and calling for his head and saying that he had no respect for their parental wishes.

But it's okay (and even commendable) when it's someone on your "side" telling kids to do something contrary to what their parents have probably told them to do, possibly because some of those parents are immunocompromised or otherwise at risk.

Old 03-02-2022, 03:21 PM

17,788 posts, read 7,031,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
Imagine if a politician told teenagers, "It's much better if you wear masks. I mean please, put them on." The Karens would be crying and screaming and calling for his head and saying that he had no respect for their parental wishes.

But it's okay (and even commendable) when it's someone on your "side" telling kids to do something contrary to what their parents have probably told them to do, possibly because some of those parents are immunocompromised or otherwise at risk.
I wonder if you'll ever realize how badly your political party has lied to you for the past two years. It's just sad.

Old 03-02-2022, 03:23 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,753,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I wonder if you'll ever realize how badly your political party has lied to you for the past two years. It's just sad.
That has nothing to do with DeSantis reaction. Who cares if someone wears a face mask? That's up to them.

Old 03-02-2022, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
That has nothing to do with DeSantis reaction. Who cares if someone wears a face mask? That's up to them.
It's their version of the MAGA hat, a political statement that they are on the side of the Democrats. It's also an outward sign that they are brainwashed fools. Yes, it is up to them. However they are announcing to the world that they don't care who knows how stupid they are.

Masks do not work. They never did and everyone knows it. Except the people who have a religious belief in the Democrat Party and were snookered by the lies the Democrats and Fauci told them for the past two years.

They have the right to wear a cloth mask, or a gigantic clown nose, or a dunce cap. I have the right to laugh and point. So does DeSantis and everyone else.

Old 03-02-2022, 03:47 PM

Quote:
It's their version of the MAGA hat, a political statement that they are on the side of the Democrats. It's also an outward sign that they are brainwashed fools. Yes, it is up to them. However they are announcing to the world that they don't care who knows how stupid they are.

Masks do not work. They never did and everyone knows it. Except the people who have a religious belief in the Democrat Party.

They have everyone right to wear a cloth mask, or a gigantic clown nose, or a dunce cap. I have the right to laugh and point. So does DeSantis and everyone else.
Who cares? No one should berate someone for wearing a MAGA hat, just like no one should berate someone for wearing a mask. And a governor doing it?

Old 03-02-2022, 03:50 PM

8,349 posts, read 3,555,715 times
Quote:
He is fantastic. Those poor brainwashed kids. At least one of them took the useless mask off from what I could see.
Around here there are little kids who are scared of not wearing a mask because of what has been done to them. Their parents are not wearing a mask much anymore, but the kids are having a meltdown over it. Crazy.

Old 03-02-2022, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Around here there are little kids who are scared of not wearing a mask because of what has been done to them. Their parents are not wearing a mask much anymore, but the kids are having a meltdown over it. Crazy.
It is indeed crazy. According to Vlajos, I’m supposed to just ignore all the damage their lies have caused. That isn’t going to happen. They need to be held accountable. If that’s “bullying” we need more bullies.

Old 03-02-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
It is indeed crazy. According to Vlajos, I’m supposed to just ignore all the damage their lies have caused. That isn’t going to happen. They need to be held accountable. If that’s “bullying” we need more bullies.
dude, get a grip. Scolding kids for wearing a mask is weird. Especially for a governor.

7,365 posts, read 6,557,112 times
Quote:

If you can't see the difference, then you are truly LOST! DeSantis is giving them the CHOICE! You however are presenting a scenario where no choice is given.

6,440 posts, read 2,760,337 times
Quote:
They already did that...but they didn't say "please".

Quote:
And of course, you have some source or citation to back up that statement and not just throwing out some 2-year-old talking point...right?

But if you actually looked at the video, not everyone removed their mask. Perhaps the others were able to decide for themselves that they still needed to wear a mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies