Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2022, 06:29 AM

8,439 posts, read 4,626,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
DeSantis wouldn't send his kids to school during the rise of the pandemic, then he wouldn't put them in a school without masks during it.

He also got the vaccine ASAP and the booster.

He's a big blowhard who seems to be able to get morons to listen to him.. they fall for it hook line and sinker.. crazy to watch.

What is it with binary black or white thinking? One can be FOR the vaccine and against MANDATING it. Force is truly ingrained with you folks.

Old 03-03-2022, 06:30 AM

5,300 posts, read 3,869,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Peddling un-useful antics. He is a Governor, the man in power, intimidating minors to disobedience to get his agenda out there.

The guy might be a little rough around the edges but if these kids are intimidated by what he said they ain't gonna make it.

Old 03-03-2022, 06:34 AM

35,851 posts, read 21,265,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
The guy might be a little rough around the edges but if these kids are intimidated by what he said they ain't gonna make it.
Some stood their ground others felt shamed to wear them and took them off, regardless of the kids actions. He F bullied them and that’s very apparent. He said parents rights and punished schools over it. He is a hypocrite and I would tell him face to face.

Old 03-03-2022, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
He had no business speaking to children the way he did.
He bullied them.

If you call THAT bullying, then that explains why we see bullies around every corner.

Old 03-03-2022, 06:55 AM

984 posts, read 449,350 times
So here's a situation. My young niece (under 10) is at high risk due to a condition she was born with. She is homeschooling to keep her out of the schools now. Her older sister (8th grade) is still masking at school even though she's in a state that recently dropped masking requirements in an effort to help protect her sister. Both are vaccinated. There are still a handful of kids masking in the 8th grade, according to my niece.

So... let's say the governor tells her "please take off your mask." Does she follow what he says or what her parents and pediatrician have advised her to do? Let's say she takes it off and that's the time she catches covid and brings it home to her sister. Still worth cheering over?

I'm concerned that people are applauding for a government authority (at least in the eyes of children) telling kids to do something against what their parents and doctors recommend when they don't know the specifics. Of course, these are the same folks who are literally showing up at board meetings livid that their kids are being taught that they have a vulva and not a "coochie" or a glob of "privates" so private that one cannot know what they're actually called, so I guess I'm not surprised.

Old 03-03-2022, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Some stood their ground others felt shamed to wear them and took them off, regardless of the kids actions. He F bullied them and that’s very apparent. He said parents rights and punished schools over it. He is a hypocrite and I would tell him face to face.

What you call shamed removal of masks I call joyous dropping of shackles. I really am not sure people realize they have a choice, and if they don't know, is it really choice?

Old 03-03-2022, 06:58 AM

15,217 posts, read 8,740,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
That has nothing to do with DeSantis reaction. Who cares if someone wears a face mask? That's up to them.
I don’t know if this will register or be understood, but the issue isn’t just about an individual’s choice to wear a mask or not. This is about breaking through and ending an ongoing psychological attack that has much deeper implications than simply the freedom to choose what to wear.

The mask is symbolism at a deep psychological level, and is in that context, a continuing abuse. And this is where things get a bit more complex, but try to understand something …… the requirement to wear the mask in the first place was an act of dishonesty and psychological subjugation having no legitimate purpose other than to generate mass fear and compliance, which ultimately was a literal assault, both psychologically and physically, upon the mental and physical health of everyone forced to wear them. And it’s not just about the continued harm caused to the individual mask wearer, but extends to those around them, as the act itself reinforces the lies first used to convince people to wear them, and the underlying subconscious fears still haunting some people, most particularly, children.

And this is where things get really deep ….. but just about every undesirable aspect of society today is based on lies. Lies we are told, lies we tell to others, lies we repeat, and even the lies we tell ourselves. We are by every measure, living and drowning in a giant sea of lies to such an extent that people cannot even figure out on their own, what the truth is anymore. It’s gotten so bad, that we now consider the truth the enemy, which explains why so many people react so violently and viscously if confronted with the truth. I’ve heard many more than just one person say “I don’t even know what to believe anymore”, and I suspect most people have felt this way at some point.

The cancel culture, and woke-ism, being just a couple of examples reflecting this fact. It’s gotten so bad that we are now told that we should refer to pregnant women as “pregnant persons”, to avoid gender bias? What? And it has manifested in such things as gender confusion, and normalizing it by allowing such asinine behavior as permitting boys to use the girls restrooms in schools, if they “identify” as females? I’m not sure I can find a more obvious example of confusion, than being confused about which restroom one should use, can you?

So I ask you, seriously, if we cannot even reach a consensus regarding who uses which restroom, or that only women are able to become pregnant, how can we possibly expect to solve the larger problems facing the world? How can we expect anything other than constant turmoil? How do we solve poverty and starvation, prevent wars, promote peace, care for the environment, when we cannot even agree on the fact that you are a male if you have a bloody penis?

Folks, this is mass mental illness, which is the product of promoting endless lies, and banning the truth … this produces mental breakdown, because our minds are not designed to consume an endless diet of lies, anymore than a computer is designed to run properly on faulty code. You want to know the source of all our problems? That’s it.

I challenge anyone to identify any problem we are dealing with right now as a society, or globally as a human species, and I can show you the lie behind it. Every last one, no exceptions.

And the only cure for these problems starts with telling the truth, about everything, which includes taking that damned mask off, which is a perfect start for everyone to understand that they have been lied to, deceived, and must first acknowledge it. Yes, it was a lie. Once everyone accepts that, then they will know who the liars are! That’s important information to know, isn’t it? Who the liars are? Until you understand who the liars are, you won’t know who was telling you the truth, and therefore will remain at risk of having the liars lie to you again.

And guess what …. as soon as you know who those liars really are, you might listen next time, when someone warns you about being lied to.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 03-03-2022 at 07:27 AM..

Old 03-03-2022, 06:59 AM

45,381 posts, read 26,653,474 times
Quote:
DiSantis thinks he’s a tyrant.
Well he’s going to be your gov for a bit.

The country needs more like him.

Old 03-03-2022, 07:02 AM

8,101 posts, read 10,165,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
DeSantis is not giving orders, just making fun of idiots.
I missed that...was he looking in the mirror?

Old 03-03-2022, 07:02 AM

17,696 posts, read 16,844,085 times
DeSantis is absolutely right. No person should be forced to wear a useless face diaper to make others feel safe.

If someone wants to wear a mask they have that option. But don't force that on other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies