Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 07:17 AM

21,380 posts, read 8,008,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
We don't actually know what "staff" that was. In the first interview the kid said he didn't know who the person was. Dad (who wasn't even there) spoke up and said it was a member of "the staff". Was it a school staff member or the governors staff? We don't know. But it was after dad spoke up that the son suddenly knew it was "staff" and started referring to them that way. Definitely coaching going on here.
The go-tos in poorly written "journalistic" reports.

Experts
Officials
Spokesperson
Staff
Authorities
Anonymous

No fact checking or verification needed. Just nameless, faceless statements that may or may not have said that, by people who may not have been there or may not even exist.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:17 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,216,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
"The parents"? There are two parents talking about it. One was the father from another video saying he gave his son the choice. Good for him. DeSantis also gave them the choice. The second parent (not wearing a mask) talking to a reporter (also not wearing a mask) while Jr. stands there with a mask on as mom spouts out about HER choice. Pretty silly really. Everyone looks coached. Poor kids used as props.
Because you don’t respect the young people’s parents. That’s all.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:21 AM

20,055 posts, read 9,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Funny. When he left it on he was pulled aside by a DeSantis staffer and told to stay out of view if he was going to keep wearing it.
The point is that the staffer did not "mandate" that the kid take off the mask -- the choice was still the kid's. Now, of course, it can be argued that he was "coerced" into wearing it if he wanted to be filmed/photographed during the press conference -- but this is quite a bit different from a governor mandating that people either get an injection or lose their jobs.

Last edited by katharsis; 03-06-2022 at 08:07 AM..

Old 03-06-2022, 07:21 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,405,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Your side mandated forced, experimental and toxic injections and fired people from jobs they held for decades for noncompliance.

Your side mandated masks on kids and masks outdoors. Your side mandated certain businesses be closed.
Holy smokes, this poster just tilted like a pin ball machine.

Seriously, this thread is breaking the "brains" of leftists.

Logic, reason, common sense, and actual observation of occurrences are LOST on these people.

What an exhibition of the MADNESS of the demented avenger subverted demoralized zombie crowd.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:27 AM

2,284 posts, read 642,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Holy smokes, this poster just tilted like a pin ball machine.

Seriously, this thread is breaking the "brains" of leftists.

Logic, reason, common sense, and actual observation of occurrences are LOST on these people.

What an exhibition of the MADNESS of the demented avenger subverted demoralized zombie crowd.

This is why everyone hates maskholes. They spit in your face and claim it’s raining.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:27 AM

3,538 posts, read 2,530,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Good. Every brainwashed mask wearer should hear the truth. It will help them get over the psychological/anxiety disorder that's been inflicted on them by the media and the Democrat Party.
The leader of a state is instructing students of that state to do something, and went on a mini-rant about why they SHOULDN'T wear them, behaving as though their choice to wear them was disgusting and distasteful.

Basically - the leader of a state was shaming a bunch of kids who were supposed to be celebrating.

The leader of the state was behaving shamefully.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:32 AM

2,284 posts, read 642,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Republicans also mandated masks, indoors and out and also shutdown businesses. Stop trying to rewrite history to match your political agenda. Florida's R governor even had police stopping cars on the interstate to enforce his Covid rules.
  • Ohio Republican Governor DeWine ordered mask mandates indoors & outdoors and shut down businesses.
  • Florida Republican Governor DeSantis shut down businesses. DeSantis ordered police to stop cars on the interstate as they were entering Florida from certain states with high Covid rates, causing massive interstate backups. Travelers to Florida from certain states were mandated to quarantine for 14 days per DeSantis executive order
  • Indiana Republican Governor Holcomb ordered mask mandates indoors & outdoors and shut down businesses
  • Utah Republican Governor ordered mask mandates indoors and outdoors and shut down businesses
https://governor.ohio.gov/media/news...pdate-07222020

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ks/5488294002/

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...covid-19-cases

https://www.fisherphillips.com/news-...-ny-nj-ct.html

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...-city-drivers/
I use the term “maskhole.”

Being a maskhole is not an exclusive Democratic thing but it was the Democratic Party that codified maskholism as part of their party platform.

As for DeSantis, what he did in March 2020 has been forgiven. He has come out and admitted it was the biggest mistake of his time as governor. And since then has protected us from the maskholes!

Old 03-06-2022, 07:40 AM

8,437 posts, read 4,615,432 times
Quote:
Because you don’t respect the young people’s parents. That’s all.

I don't respect people who refuse to lead by example. Come-on mom, at least put a mask on for the interview on why her kid HAS to wear a mask. I would be far more traumatized and embarrassed by being interviewed with my ridiculous Karen-mom then by the brief, funny exchange with the governor. I mean really, who made more sense, mask-less DeSantis or mask-less mom? That being said, if I were him and she commanded that I wear a mask and the governor suggested I didn't have to, I would probably go with the command as she might otherwise blow a gasket and withhold dinner.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:44 AM

19,192 posts, read 27,834,216 times
Teenagers being teenagers, always ready to "protest the cruelty of society", will start wearing masks as sign of being a rebel.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:48 AM

14,296 posts, read 4,653,353 times
Quote:
Unfortunate that even after that you do not respect the rule of law.
Oh, so I am against draconian overreach from the government = don’t respect the rule of law?

Go ahead and tell me which United States Code (aka law) I violated so I can turn myself in to authority.

I’ll wait
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies