Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2022, 09:42 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,492,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
Because of the recall over his election in 2018 he made many changes including nixing two supervisors of elections in South Florida and appointing Laurel Lee as secretary of state with the responsibility of making sure Florida wouldn’t F things up in 2020.

And therefore bye Felicia. Democrats lost!
Democrats lost because they didnt care and didn't need FL to win.

DeSantis himself said FL had one of the most secure election systems in the country. On that I agree with him, but it isn't anything he had to do with. FL cleaned up its election system after the Bush/Gore hanging chad debacle which made them the laughingstock of the country.

But, once again DeSantis has to pander to his rabid right wing base so he has passed legislation that is going to cost millions of dollars to create some unnecessary election policing agency reporting to him among other absurd things not needed.

Better check your registration or you could find yourself unable to vote for your Trump mini-me after they "clean" up the rolls.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:31 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,492,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Your panties are in a knot over DeSantis supposedly “interfering with the family’s COVID protocols” (he did no such thing), yet you cheered on the last two years of Democrats destroying families, small businesses and the economy.

You really are a piece of work. Sadly there are millions like you.
DeSantis most certainly did disrupt that family's covid protocols and put that kid at risk of being exposed to Covid by making him feel pressured to take his mask off.

The economy was going to take a hit no matter what any politician from either party did.

Some people/places/communities are more resilient than others. Some local leaders are more effective in a crisis. I am fortunate to live in a small city that comes together in crisis and supports its businesses, families and community. Most of the restaurants here chose to keep themselves locked down to only take out or outdoor dining long after they were allowed to open up. The town passed orders to allow them to sell take out liquor, rearranged parking to accommodate pick up, and closed off streets in some cases to expand outdoor dining. The community kept them in business, set up funds for workers they let go. One restaurant went out of business. They opened a couple months before the pandemic and served only grilled cheese sandwiches. From the two times I ate there they were destined to fail anyway. Similar pivots in other businesses kept them alive and well.

In any case, I know people all over the country from all different socio-economic groups. I don't know one single family that is destroyed. As for the economy, inflation is a problem, but there are jobs and people I know who took a temporary financial hit are fine now.

DeSantis sure didnt help anyone. He couldn't even make the unemployment system in FL work for people who lost their jobs. What a disgrace that was for such a large state. Disgusting.

Old 03-06-2022, 12:47 AM

2,284 posts, read 644,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
DeSantis most certainly did disrupt that family's covid protocols and put that kid at risk of being exposed to Covid by making him feel pressured to take his mask off.

The economy was going to take a hit no matter what any politician from either party did.

Some people/places/communities are more resilient than others. Some local leaders are more effective in a crisis. I am fortunate to live in a small city that comes together in crisis and supports its businesses, families and community. Most of the restaurants here chose to keep themselves locked down to only take out or outdoor dining long after they were allowed to open up. The town passed orders to allow them to sell take out liquor, rearranged parking to accommodate pick up, and closed off streets in some cases to expand outdoor dining. The community kept them in business, set up funds for workers they let go. One restaurant went out of business. They opened a couple months before the pandemic and served only grilled cheese sandwiches. From the two times I ate there they were destined to fail anyway. Similar pivots in other businesses kept them alive and well.

In any case, I know people all over the country from all different socio-economic groups. I don't know one single family that is destroyed. As for the economy, inflation is a problem, but there are jobs and people I know who took a temporary financial hit are fine now.

DeSantis sure didnt help anyone. He couldn't even make the unemployment system in FL work for people who lost their jobs. What a disgrace that was for such a large state. Disgusting.
DeSantis sure helped.

Back in October 2020 I was eating in restaurants, going to crowded bars and nightclubs, and walking around without a mask thanks to DeSantis. My local leaders, mini Hitlers, whined and cried how it was so unfair that “big meany” DeSantis was preventing them from bullying me and local businesses. I have one word for them: F off and die. Go DeSantis!

Like I said, back in 2018 I didn’t vote for him. I didn’t know who he was and simply didn’t cast a vote for governor that year (I vote more locally).

But come 2022, I will not only vote for him, I will vote specifically to vote for him. And I will do so with enthusiasm. And perhaps ironically, as I’m a registered Democrat, I will vote straight Republican for the first time in my life.

Democrats have proven to be the party of authoritarian condescending busy bodies! To hell with them!

Old 03-06-2022, 01:54 AM

15,060 posts, read 6,225,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I fing hate the dems. I hope they get murdered in the mid terms.
Who cares what happens in November. Both sides are the same. DeSantis is just ghetto, which was evident in his behavior in the video. But it doesn’t surprise me that people like him. They liked Trump who was as very ghetto.

Old 03-06-2022, 04:23 AM

995 posts, read 515,815 times
Quote:
Yes I saw that. Disgusting.

DeSantis interfered with that families covid protocols that they had decided on due to having people in the home who were immunocompromised.

Imagine the unnecessary stress he added into their lives worrying about whether or not their kid was exposed to and bringing covid into the home because of DeSantis' bullying.
Their parents knew that their kids were going to be standing behind the biggest anti-masker in the country, right? If they truly cared about exposure, they'd made sure their kids stayed far, far away from DeSantis!

We all know that this whole thing was a stunt, one designed to make the "No-Mask" guy look silly in front of the camera. No wonder he tossed a fit.

Note to DeSantis: You gotta keep your cool in front of the kids, even when you've been forked. Just complain about it afterwards...lol.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:16 AM

445 posts, read 169,939 times
Quote:
Democrats lost because they didnt care and didn't need FL to win.

DeSantis himself said FL had one of the most secure election systems in the country. On that I agree with him, but it isn't anything he had to do with. FL cleaned up its election system after the Bush/Gore hanging chad debacle which made them the laughingstock of the country.

But, once again DeSantis has to pander to his rabid right wing base so he has passed legislation that is going to cost millions of dollars to create some unnecessary election policing agency reporting to him among other absurd things not needed.

Better check your registration or you could find yourself unable to vote for your Trump mini-me after they "clean" up the rolls.
Holy sh*t, so then move Blondy. Millions of dollars? How much money has the Gov’t wasted on this fake pandemic? Russia is invading other countries, and you’re more worried about forcing people in Florida to wear masks. Get a grip lady.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:57 AM

35,511 posts, read 17,421,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
They’re immune to reason. In their warped thinking they are righteous and sane people like you me and Ron DeSantis are the enemy. Orwell would be fascinated.
Well, the masks enabled leftists to pick each other out in a crowd, along with the sign language translators on TV. They are oh so caring.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:23 AM

21,380 posts, read 8,020,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Their parents knew that their kids were going to be standing behind the biggest anti-masker in the country, right? If they truly cared about exposure, they'd made sure their kids stayed far, far away from DeSantis!

We all know that this whole thing was a stunt, one designed to make the "No-Mask" guy look silly in front of the camera. No wonder he tossed a fit.

Note to DeSantis: You gotta keep your cool in front of the kids, even when you've been forked. Just complain about it afterwards...lol.
I would assume every parent had to sign a permission slip allow the student to participate, be recoded for news distribution, etc.

They knew all about it.

Waiting for the lawsuit for emotional damages.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:44 AM

8,439 posts, read 4,626,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
And here the parents speaking out against DeSantis trying to override their instruction…

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...eir-masks/amp/

"The parents"? There are two parents talking about it. One was the father from another video saying he gave his son the choice. Good for him. DeSantis also gave them the choice. The second parent (not wearing a mask) talking to a reporter (also not wearing a mask) while Jr. stands there with a mask on as mom spouts out about HER choice. Pretty silly really. Everyone looks coached. Poor kids used as props.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:49 AM

8,439 posts, read 4,626,085 times
Quote:
Funny. When he left it on he was pulled aside by a DeSantis staffer and told to stay out of view if he was going to keep wearing it.

We don't actually know what "staff" that was. In the first interview the kid said he didn't know who the person was. Dad (who wasn't even there) spoke up and said it was a member of "the staff". Was it a school staff member or the governors staff? We don't know. But it was after dad spoke up that the son suddenly knew it was "staff" and started referring to them that way. Definitely coaching going on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies