Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2022, 10:54 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,494,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
you wouldn't expect FL non-natives or FL newish transplants to understand the US Constitutions?

or are you talking about FL's "constitutions"? If that's the case, feel free to provide proof that Florida governor cannot interfere with local affairs as stated in Florida's "constitutions".

I'm here all day.
Florida constitution.

I'm not here to educate you on FL constitution. Google is your friend.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:57 AM

8,439 posts, read 4,628,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh honey, that ship has sailed.

Only three states still have indoor mask mandates and it likely won’t be long before those are lifted.

Private businesses can ask clients/customers to wear masks just like they can require shoes, shirts, etc.
A few months from now, that will likely be over with as well.

It’s time to move on from the theater of victim hood.

It hasn't sailed in schools and those will likely be the last place they will be lifted. This is evident by the fierce defense of children having to wear masks in this thread. Notice I said HAVING TO WEAR masks. When we say we just want choice you pretend like we are trying to take that away. We are not saying students cannot wear masks. SO if both sides are for choice, then we really have no argument. Except for the fact your side doesn't want anyone INFORMED that they have a choice. Let that one go and this thread ends.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Maybe in your make believe world.

In the real world, he's cruising to victory in excess of 20 points ahead of his nearest challenger.

The smart money is against you.

November is going to be quite the shock for your ilk.
He has plenty of time to screw up.

He can't even announce a major initiative which should be scoring him points and accolades without melting down and turning it into a spectacle of him bullying high school kids.

Pretty soon he will be engaging in his war on women by restricting abortion if he hasn't already signed that garbage.

The legislature does not enjoy nearly the support he does even though he is behind, pushing or supporting the garbage they have been cranking out.

Plenty of time left for people to connect those dots and vote him out.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:01 AM

14,342 posts, read 4,689,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Florida constitution.

I'm not here to educate you on FL constitution. Google is your friend.
why would i google that when it was you who made the claim?

Old 03-05-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
I’m sorry but local leaders cannot be mini Hitlers . It’s up the governor to keep them in check. And DeSantis is incredibly popular. I live in Miami, the most liberal part of the state. If he’s hot stuff here he’s gonna cruise to victory statewide.

I didn’t vote for him 2018, but I sure will vote for him 2022. And enthusiastically!
Floridians do not elect governors to interfere with or keep their locally elected leaders in check. The courts are available for that if necessary.

DeSantis should concentrate on doing his job except that apparently he cant do it very well.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
why would i google that when it was you who made the claim?
Are you claiming that FL does not operate under home rule?

Anyone who lives in FL should know that.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:09 AM

14,342 posts, read 4,689,153 times
Quote:
Are you claiming that FL does not operate under home rule?

Anyone who lives in FL should know that.
no, i didn't say that.

You claimed that FL governor has no constitutional right to tell local authority what to do.

I asked you for proof as outline in FL's "constitutions"

So, where is it?

Old 03-05-2022, 11:13 AM

35,862 posts, read 21,273,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
It hasn't sailed in schools and those will likely be the last place they will be lifted. This is evident by the fierce defense of children having to wear masks in this thread. Notice I said HAVING TO WEAR masks. When we say we just want choice you pretend like we are trying to take that away. We are not saying students cannot wear masks. SO if both sides are for choice, then we really have no argument. Except for the fact your side doesn't want anyone INFORMED that they have a choice. Let that one go and this thread ends.
In Florida everyone knows if kids can or not wear masks. This goes out in mass chat or emails etc. We have had discussions and some districts penalized by the Governor. Everyone knows. The CDC say keep them on in hot spots. Hillsborough county is still hot. Poorer kids live in a large area where covid still being passed there.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:15 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,929,917 times
Quote:
He has plenty of time to screw up.

He can't even announce a major initiative which should be scoring him points and accolades without melting down and turning it into a spectacle of him bullying high school kids.

"Melting down".

Such hyperbole.

The only "melt down" occurred on the Democrat side - where your lunatic elites overreacted to a virus with an incredibly low mortality rate by locking down schools and businesses; putting people out of work and (many of them) into poverty.

Now a lot of those people are going to take their revenge in November by voting Republican - and probably for the long term.

November is going to be incredibly disappointing for you.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:18 AM

Quote:
no, i didn't say that.

You claimed that FL governor has no constitutional right to tell local authority what to do.

I asked you for proof as outline in FL's "constitutions"

So, where is it?
I already told you I am not wading through the FL constitution. It's an easy google if you want to see whats in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies