Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 08:10 AM

35,796 posts, read 21,180,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
"The parents"? There are two parents talking about it. One was the father from another video saying he gave his son the choice. Good for him. DeSantis also gave them the choice. The second parent (not wearing a mask) talking to a reporter (also not wearing a mask) while Jr. stands there with a mask on as mom spouts out about HER choice. Pretty silly really. Everyone looks coached. Poor kids used as props.
If it could just have been what it was. An unhinged Gov who hates the Feds and Biden and all they stand for to include masks - and wala, at his event here are these masked kids in his way. Is nobody listening to Him? Grrr. Takes it out in the kids. He caught himself, and said your choice, but it’s Ridiculous. You think a kid or parent going up against the pretty Gov. H- no. Kids prob get beat up if talk bad about the Gov. They not making too many waves. Can’t afford it !

Old 03-06-2022, 08:19 AM

8,349 posts, read 3,555,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
When people are able to CHOOSE whether or not to wear a mask, MOST choose not to wear one. That says a lot.

We have a couple of grocery stores in my area. At the one store, unvaccinated employees are REQUIRED to wear masks so many of the employees wear masks.

In another grocery store, mask wearing is completely optional for all employees. Almost none of the employees wear masks.

You can tell what a store's policy is just by walking in, using your eyes and looking around. I try to shop at the stores that don't force masks on their employees.
All of the stores here require masks for the employees. All of the restaurants do as well. You have to wear a mask to pay your electric bill if you go inside. Masks are required to see a doctor or go into any government building. There's no plan to end that.

Patients in the hospital have to wear a mask all the time unless they are eating. Can you imagine having to sleep in a mask?

Old 03-06-2022, 08:29 AM

45,305 posts, read 26,570,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The same thing occurred all over the world. The pandemic shut 90% of the world down. Why is this a political thing??
does it really need to be explained?
Because a virus didn’t shut anything down, politicians did.

Old 03-06-2022, 08:34 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,207,404 times
Quote:
The same thing occurred all over the world. The pandemic shut 90% of the world down. Why is this a political thing??
Hate to say it but this will be lost on them.

Old 03-06-2022, 08:45 AM

35,796 posts, read 21,180,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
does it really need to be explained?
Because a virus didn’t shut anything down, politicians did.
World leaders did what they thought was best to protect its citizens, by the science presented. Not just in the US or Trump or Faucci. Every leader has its own scientists and leaders. You just can’t deny those facts. Only a couple of countries did not. Some fared well others did not in total how many died ?? You think it be less with no mandates or vax?? Bring the proof.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:10 AM

8,349 posts, read 3,555,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I don't respect people who refuse to lead by example. Come-on mom, at least put a mask on for the interview on why her kid HAS to wear a mask. I would be far more traumatized and embarrassed by being interviewed with my ridiculous Karen-mom then by the brief, funny exchange with the governor. I mean really, who made more sense, mask-less DeSantis or mask-less mom? That being said, if I were him and she commanded that I wear a mask and the governor suggested I didn't have to, I would probably go with the command as she might otherwise blow a gasket and withhold dinner.
Some parents make their children wear masks because they are afraid the kids will give them covid while they don't want to wear one themselves.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:29 AM

19,897 posts, read 12,182,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Goes to show that not everyone is fit for work overseas.
Other than trolling and being patently wrong, what was your point here?

Old 03-06-2022, 09:29 AM

14,248 posts, read 4,632,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Some parents make their children wear masks because they are afraid the kids will give them covid while they don't want to wear one themselves.
I know covidians are crazy, but i doubt any of them would make their kids wear masks in their house.

Old 03-06-2022, 10:01 AM

19,945 posts, read 9,504,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I know covidians are crazy, but i doubt any of them would make their kids wear masks in their house.
Well, apparently they did if a parent provided a daycare service in the family home.

https://www.ctoec.org/wp-content/upl...-Wearing-2.pdf

And I also would not doubt it if parents made the children wear masks if an elderly and/or "high risk" person was in residence.

Old 03-06-2022, 10:08 AM

45,305 posts, read 26,570,887 times
Quote:
World leaders did what they thought was best to protect its citizens, by the science presented. Not just in the US or Trump or Faucci. Every leader has its own scientists and leaders. You just can’t deny those facts. Only a couple of countries did not. Some fared well others did not in total how many died ?? You think it be less with no mandates or vax?? Bring the proof.
So you agree with me. Maybe excuse yourself from the thread, its embarassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies