Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of banning Russian Oil from the USA?
Yes 133 77.33%
No 39 22.67%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 09:18 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,935,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That’s ancient history. Aside from that hostage issue, Iran has never done anything to the US.
Doesn’t mean we are friends either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 09:23 PM

73,185 posts, read 62,886,348 times
To stop Russia, it might take some outside help. Putin will sacrifice it all to thr last man to get what he wants. Economic sanctions won't stop Russia. Only brute force will do that.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:05 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,026,194 times
Ban Russian oil and support American oil. Using oil in America will give jobs to American citizens and strengthen our own economy.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:02 PM

9,152 posts, read 5,825,707 times
I voted yes, but none of this would ever have happened if Trump's energy policies were will in effect.

Old 03-06-2022, 12:10 AM

10,259 posts, read 15,995,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
He hasn't done anything to restrict it, so it's kind of implied.

There have been no rules that have stopped production that already was happening, nor that was going to happen. (And so I don't have to respond later, Keystone was Canadian Oil destined for export to non-US markets, so it would not have made an impact.)
His very first day in office he put a moratorium on new oil leases on federal lands including in offshore waters in the Gulf. Being from Louisiana we here have been VERY familiar with Brandon's attacks on American oil and gas from the moment he took office. Obama was the same about oil and gas as well as coal mining. The Supreme Court, thanks to judges appointed by Trump, initially overturned the ban on oil drilling but Sleepy Joe attacked it from another angle and now there is a new ban on place on new oil and gas leases on federal lands and offshore waters.

I live in the heart of the U.S. oil industry I know these issues very well I have a lot of friends who work in the plants and pipelines. Biden has been attacking Louisiana's economy since the day took office. He's also restarted the war on coal against West Virginia and Kentucky as well.

Old 03-06-2022, 12:16 AM

10,259 posts, read 15,995,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
He hasn't done anything to restrict it, so it's kind of implied.

There have been no rules that have stopped production that already was happening, nor that was going to happen. (And so I don't have to respond later, Keystone was Canadian Oil destined for export to non-US markets, so it would not have made an impact.)
https://www.klfy.com/local/louisiana...il-lease-sale/

Trump was trying to continue expanding drilling offshore. This article clearly highlights the effects of Biden's policies on American workers in my state. Now this has also weakened us globally. If new leases were approved we would be expanding domestic oil and gas production and less concerned about global supplies. Remember that under Trump we were a net exporter of oil and now we 're a net importer again. I think Biden wants high prices because in his words we can just avoid them by "buying electric cars".

I believe in the free market over government bureaucrats. If "renewables" were so great then they would survive without government subsidies and bull crap like using our tax money to build electric charging stations in the infrastructure bill.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:29 AM

13,755 posts, read 5,002,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You really just said that? Iran is the #1 sponsor of international terrorism.

Good. Grief.
Really? Name one terrorist attack against US, or Europe for that matter, that was carried out by Iran or its proxies.

Old 05-14-2022, 06:13 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,914,613 times
I love the idea of banning Russian oil to the USA. Russia deserves better customers in my opinion. All Americans do is to whine, and whine. Always looking for something and someone external to blame for their own ineptitude. Bunch of weenies. Go Russia ! get millions of rubles.

Old 05-14-2022, 06:15 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,914,613 times
Default So True

Quote:
Really? Name one terrorist attack against US, or Europe for that matter, that was carried out by Iran or its proxies.
Iran isn't known for trouble making. The US wears that "badge."

Old 05-16-2022, 04:23 PM

9,152 posts, read 5,825,707 times
Quote:
I see that as an absurd question, seeing as how Iran is
recognized to be the world's leading sponsor of terrorism.
Start with the Beirut Marine Barracks bombing.
How did you feel when Iran held hundreds of Americans prisoner in the US Embassy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies