Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of banning Russian Oil from the USA?
Yes 133 77.33%
No 39 22.67%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 09:48 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,312,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I’ve posted an answer to this about 6 times over the last six months. Maybe we get tired of doing your research for you.

I’ll give you a hint, though: Saudi Arabia

YOu are not even answering the question now.

The question was what SPECIFICALLY has Biden done to prohibit drilling in the USA. "Saudi Arabia" does not address that.

The poster above you gave three examples. All of them are just propaganda, and not the slightest bit true. I responded to them.

So, I STILL keep hearing these claims, but never hear an actual example that makes sense.

"Saudi Arabia" is not something Biden did to limit US Drilling.

(And I work in the industry, so I do my 'research' every day.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 09:50 AM

2,284 posts, read 638,220 times
We're either with Ukraine or not. Talk is cheap, actions count.

Anyways, we don't really buy much Russian oil and gas, it's Europe that has to match their words to their actions. This will cause a lot of economic pain in Europe, but actions are not cheap, talk is.

Old 03-04-2022, 09:53 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
F any foreign oil. Roll your own.
Nice talking point, but that would have the same effect as banning domestic drilling. It would KILL the US economy.

We are near 50/50 (import/domestic), so you would have the same effect as the Green New Deal. Is that what you want? (Both are bad, I'm in favor of neither your approach or AOC's)

Old 03-04-2022, 09:54 AM

18,735 posts, read 33,415,676 times
The point isn't to have the Russian people "rise up," it's to hammer the oligarchs and people around Putin.

Old 03-04-2022, 09:55 AM

30,415 posts, read 19,200,796 times
I voted with the minority because if we ban Russian oil, we'll end up buying it from India and China at elevated prices after they purchase it from Russia.

Old 03-04-2022, 10:00 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,780,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
We're either with Ukraine or not. Talk is cheap, actions count.

Anyways, we don't really buy much Russian oil and gas, it's Europe that has to match their words to their actions. This will cause a lot of economic pain in Europe, but actions are not cheap, talk is.
US traders and Refineries have not purchased Russian Oil, this year.

https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...it-2022-03-01/

How would traders and/ or US refineries settle/ pay if they were to buy?

Putting an embargo on Russian petro products at this point is nothing more than an optic.

Old 03-04-2022, 10:12 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,279,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
There is bipartisan support to cut Russia's oil, what the heck is Biden doing?!
Ignoring the American people as usual. His main concern right now is the Iranian Nuclear “Deal” he hopes to announce next week. Russia is negotiating that “deal” on behalf of the USA with Terrorist Iran.
Doesn’t that give you a warm Fuzzy Feeling? He doesn’t want to do anything that might irritate Putin and spoil the Nuclear “deal” he is desperate for. He cares nothing about the Slaughter & Destruction of Ukraine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Not quite. Russia supplies 3% of our crude oil, but also they supply another 6% of our refined oil products for a total of 9%.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-doe...il-11646151935

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...sia-last-year/
That’s correct, the main thing we buy from Russia is the LNG that Massachusetts, Connecticut, R. i., & Hawaii have to have due to the Union Protectionist Jones Act of 1919 AND the refusal to allow pipelines to deliver US Natural Gas to the Northeast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I’m against buying oil from anyone.
So is Brandon, he wants to ban all oil if he can in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I voted with the minority because if we ban Russian oil, we'll end up buying it from India and China at elevated prices after they purchase it from Russia.
Got bad news for you - India is 85% reliant on imports to meet its crude oil needs as domestic output is insufficient to meet the demand and China has no oil production at all. They buy all their Petroleum products.
They buy from Russia and Iran (both out Enemies) and are working Deals with Saudi Arabia, who Biden refuses to talk to — which explains why OPEC (Saudi controlled) ignores the TeamBiden pleas for more oil.

Old 03-04-2022, 10:17 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,735,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Knowing the result would be significantly higher prices at the pump, are you in favor of banning Russian Oil? (And if you answer yes, are you willing to stick by your decision and not blame everyone else for the consequences?)
Sure... The minute the EU bans ALL Russian natural gas

Old 03-04-2022, 10:21 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,076,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Say what...

Not gonna have to buy it from either, lol.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:26 PM

30,415 posts, read 19,200,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
Say what...

Not gonna have to buy it from either, lol.
Let me guess, you didn't pass Economics 101 did you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies