Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In regards to Russia, is the president doing...
REPUBLICAN - TOO MUCH 12 9.92%
REPUBLICAN - TOO LITTLE 53 43.80%
REPUBLICAN - JUST RIGHT 16 13.22%
DEMOCRAT - TOO MUCH 3 2.48%
DEMOCRAT - TOO LITTLE 13 10.74%
DEMOCRAT - JUST RIGHT 24 19.83%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 06:25 AM

57,405 posts, read 26,393,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
If that nuke plant goes it's over rover for all of us. And that is the truth ruth.
If a nuclear plant goes up Russia would be one of the first countries to experience the effects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 06:31 AM

57,405 posts, read 26,393,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Most people saying Biden needs to do more, don’t mean direct military action. Most like myself want Biden to destroy their economy by stop buying Russian oil. There is bipartisan support for this, even Pelosi supports it, but Biden is still against it. He is against it because it would look bad come election and he is too scared of AOC to support ramping up domestic oil production. He would rather help fund Putin in his genocide quest.
Cutting Russian oil imports needs to be accomplished through bipartisan agreement, if they are for this fine but don't complain about high gas prices.

Oil production is slightly below pre-pandemic levels, plenty of leases but the companies are not drilling. There is nothing stopping them from increasing production at $100/ barrel. This is panic and this isn't going to solve the immediate problem in Ukraine and a warming planet only gets worse with increase in fossil fuels.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:34 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,165,019 times
He's half dead. What do you expect out of someone in his condition?
This is what you get when power hungry and corrupt people trot out a candidate for president who couldn't possibly be more unqualified for the job.
We were in much better shape when Orange Man Bad was in the driver's seat. Putin wouldn't have dared pull this stunt.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:39 AM

35,353 posts, read 17,265,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Fortunately, the world isn't going up in flames. Only Ukraine is. Europe has already seen what happens, when their corner of the world goes up in flames. They've seen it twice. Nobody wants to go through that again. P isn't trying to take over Europe. Just Ukraine. Notice he's not messing with the Baltic States. Or the stans, where the US has bases.
He would if he could. I don't think he's given up on Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary et. al. The Russian methodology is to exploit existing grievances, stir the pot, ensure they can't be resolved peacefully and then take over.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:06 AM

3,162 posts, read 2,749,865 times
Those who think we should do more should listen to this guy. He has a very unpopular view, and has been absent from any further interviews by the MSM.

His opinions are hard to accept, but it's a cold and sober take on the reality of things.

2:58 for the straight dope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY5pMXGorBM

Old 03-05-2022, 08:00 AM

102,302 posts, read 108,445,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
Depending on whom you ask he is very crazy and soon will attack Baltic States.
Yes, I'm aware of that. I don't think he'll go that far, but who knows? I hope he's not that nuts. That would REALLY be crazy. I'm very curious as to who (if anyone) among his advisors and colleagues in government support what he's doing.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:11 AM

1,172 posts, read 412,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, I'm aware of that. I don't think he'll go that far, but who knows? I hope he's not that nuts. That would REALLY be crazy. I'm very curious as to who (if anyone) among his advisors and colleagues in government support what he's doing.

Support is strong word. It's more like, i better say yes i support him when asked on television or i will fall out of the window by accident next day.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:17 AM

66 posts, read 97,526 times
Democrat-I think he's doing okay right now. In full disclosure, my ancestors are pretty much all Ukrainians, and I grew up in a Russian church. I was also an exchange student in Russia in the 1990s. I'm horrified by what the Russians are doing in Ukraine, but I also feel terrible for the Russian people who do not support Putin/who are influenced by the propaganda.

The U.S. can't risk getting too involved if our actions could lead to WWIII. That will do no one any good. Right now, Putin could be a loose cannon. I think arming the Ukrainians and applying sanctions is the best course. I also support us drilling for more oil if the oil companies put funds in escrow to cover environmental disasters. Having this incentive would hopefully keep them from cutting corners that could lead to spills. It would help if we could boycott Russian oil and use our oil to help those who would otherwise purchase from Russia. At the same time, we could use proceeds from selling oil to these nations to fund green initiatives in our country.

I think the economic sanctions could convince people inside Russia to take Putin down. The oligarchs want their $$ and privileges back. These sanctions, combined with the fact the Russian army is a clusterfrak, could end this war before escalation with NATO becomes a thing. Who knows, though.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:29 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,884,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
He also doesn't want to **** off the far left by ramping up oil production.

Oil and gas industry received $10 billion in Covid relief payouts.

In 2021, private oil and gas industry had 10 years worth of unused leases. Why?

Why has the oil and gas industry stockpiled leases and permits to use Federal lands?

Oil and gas industry sitting on more than 9000 unused, approved permits. Why?

Old 03-05-2022, 08:32 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,560,015 times
all these sanctions are like the boomerang,it comes back and hit us as well.
oil,gas goes up,grocery goes up,labor goes up
soon we will be lining up for bread !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies