Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In regards to Russia, is the president doing...
REPUBLICAN - TOO MUCH 12 9.92%
REPUBLICAN - TOO LITTLE 53 43.80%
REPUBLICAN - JUST RIGHT 16 13.22%
DEMOCRAT - TOO MUCH 3 2.48%
DEMOCRAT - TOO LITTLE 13 10.74%
DEMOCRAT - JUST RIGHT 24 19.83%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 12:24 PM

5,301 posts, read 5,283,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
So you want Biden to start WW3?
Putin already did that by invading a sovereign nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 12:28 PM

1,200 posts, read 426,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Putin already did that by invading a sovereign nation.
No as of this moment it's local conflict. Hopefully it will stay that way as otherwise prospect of the end of the world goes up significantly.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The State Dept. has said sanctioning Russian oil would hurt the U.S. consumer more than Putin.
So be it...we might hurt a little bit but it would give the Ukranian's the ability to actually survive

Old 03-04-2022, 12:29 PM

1,200 posts, read 426,110 times
Quote:
So be it...we might hurt a little bit but it would give the Ukranian's the ability to actually survive
Ukraine got no chances of surviving, that windows closed the second Putin ordered Russian military to attack.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:32 PM

8,166 posts, read 3,153,271 times
Like everything else, Brandon did absolutely nothing to prevent the invasion. And the entire world saw the Russians building up their troops and weaponry in preparation for the invasion weeks before it actually went down. Brandon's a weakazz poser, nothing more. And this is exactly why Afghanistan was such a tremendous failure as well. Brandon did absolutely nothing to prevent what became the outcome. High probability the same will unfortunately happen to Taiwan. The world knows this current Brandon administration is a complete joke.

Rumors are Harris is going back over to negotiate with the Russian & Ukraine. LOL First thing out of her trap will be "And yes my name is Kamela Harris and yes, I am the Vice President Of The United States". Seriously, what's Harris going to do differently this time over there, besides swallow? Either that or ask for Hillary's Russian reset button back.

Last edited by FC76-81; 03-04-2022 at 12:41 PM..

Old 03-04-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't want him to do anything, which is something he excels at.

It's not our fight. Stay out of it.

Are you kidding me? He's been saying for years, to NATO, to back off. He told the world, years ago, that he would wreck Ukraine if NATO kept talking to Ukraine. I have posted a video 3 times on this forum in an attempt to get people to understand what's going on. How did the speaker know, 7 years ago, that this would happen, but our government and NATO countries had no clue?

BS! They knew, but kept tempting fate. Now people are dying because countries wanted to play games. Putin isn't stupid, and he had made one last attempt to talk about it. He was basically waved off. Well...how did that work out?
Nothing gives Putin the right to dictate who a sovereign country talks to. F him...he's a war criminal and the Russians need to be severely punished for this evil action.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:36 PM

6,056 posts, read 2,286,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Like everything else, Brandon did absolutely nothing to prevent the invasion. And the entire world saw the Russians building up their troops and weaponry in preparation for the invasion weeks before it actually went down. Brandon's a weakazz poser, nothing more. And this is exactly why Afghanistan was such a tremendous failure. Brandon did absolutely nothing to prevent what became the outcome.
Are you proposing we should have bombed Russian forces in Russia or Belarus beforehand or put American troops on Ukraine's borders?

What exactly are you proposing?

Old 03-04-2022, 12:38 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,897,502 times
Quote:
If that is the case I'm all for it.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:39 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,897,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Like everything else, Brandon did absolutely nothing to prevent the invasion. And the entire world saw the Russians building up their troops and weaponry in preparation for the invasion weeks before it actually went down. Brandon's a weakazz poser, nothing more. And this is exactly why Afghanistan was such a tremendous failure as well. Brandon did absolutely nothing to prevent what became the outcome. High probability the same will unfortunately happen to Taiwan. The world knows this current Brandon administration is a complete joke.
Please explain what Biden could have done to prevent the invasion. From what I've read, Putin's actions have been years in the making.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:42 PM

102,395 posts, read 108,733,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I personally am sick to my stomach Biden isn't doing more. I just want to know what others think and what party do you align with? If you have no party affiliation, feel free to still voice your opinion in the comments.

If you want to see raw footage of the destruction, check out Inna Sovsun's twitter.

https://twitter.com/InnaSovsun
"Do more"? Like what? He's avoiding starting WWIII, that's ok in my book. The fact is, the situation is an f-ing mess.

Let's see...what might he have done differently? IDK, approach NATO about giving in to P's demand that NATO stay out of Ukraine? That might have done the trick. Or....not. I guess there was a brief period there, when "the West" (including our Prez and his advisors) thought P was bluffing. They lost that bet.

But according to info from inside Russia, nobody really had realized how crazy P was. Some were saying he's become unstable. IDK what to make of that. Sounds like it could be wishful thinking, but OTOH, he did threaten "the West" with the nuke button, and now this full-scale invasion.

IDK people. It's easy to critique from the sidelines. All I know is, the situation is is too fraught for me to even vote in the poll. There was no 7th option: "I don't know, there are no easy answers".

I wonder what Condi Rice thinks about it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies