Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 12:56 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,887,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Yes, it's better to ignore trends and wait until the world IS like this to do anything.
And pray tell what can anyone do about any of it? None of us are in control. I remember when UPC codes came out and people freaked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 01:51 PM

11,129 posts, read 6,065,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And pray tell what can anyone do about any of it? None of us are in control. I remember when UPC codes came out and people freaked out.
Well, here in New Zealand we have formed a Tax Payers Union and a Freedom Union to fight against government over reach and leftist subversion. We have some nefarious things going on here, just like in Canada and indeed, the United States. The press will not help us because they are part of the left. We communicate by email. Who would have thought of that? This fight by the way, is going through the courts. We have already reversed vaxxine mandates in some areas. We have a long way to go though. The press would not advertise for us so we collected donations and put up banners all over the country on private land alongside roadways. We the people are standing together.

Old 03-04-2022, 02:10 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,418,044 times
If your currency isn't digital(invested in one way or another and just a number in a computer) it's just losing value as it is.

Old 03-04-2022, 02:32 PM

9,326 posts, read 6,463,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflag71 View Post
A Social Credit System Arrives in Canada

This is where the WORLD is going.

We now have a glimpse at the world the globalists are envisioning once we convert to a digital currency.
Your life can be literally choked off at whim, unless you are a compliant citizen.
A digital currency must be avoided at all costs, otherwise we are done.
All currencies must be based on gold and in the physical possession of every person, and not dependent, controlled, or produced by any government.
The federal reserve must be abolished so that we can have free markets, and not fake markets.

The alternative is going to be the dystopian nightmare nobody could imagine.
The threats of all these authoritarian, globalist measures have driven me to embrace the philosophy of antinatalism.

Old 03-04-2022, 02:53 PM

7,579 posts, read 3,686,267 times
“blackface†Forgiven Trudeau has openly admired the Chinese government, so it is No surprise that something like this born out of China would come to Canada

Old 03-04-2022, 03:02 PM

19,106 posts, read 12,823,436 times
Not an actual social credit score yet, but they will try. Experian has a framework in place called "Boost", where you can only get your maximum score if you buy from a list of partner vendors. Eventually that will shift to losing points if you buy from a list of disapproved vendors. And so they will try to nudge you along

One critical point of policy for future administrations, it MUST be made illegal to remove banking services or air travel rights from anyone for exercise of first amendment rights. The only people that should legally be denied banking are those convicted of financial fraud and the only people legally denied air travel should be those convicted of physical violence on an airplane

Old 03-04-2022, 03:23 PM

9,326 posts, read 6,463,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I vaguely remember life before UPC codes but by the time I had my first retail job, they were ubiquitous. I don't have a problem with technology itself. Much of it arose to streamline business processess and reduce business costs. The problem is the technology has the inherent capability to track, surveil and control people and our governments no longer protect us from those threats.

Old 03-04-2022, 03:26 PM

19,106 posts, read 12,823,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I vaguely remember life before UPC codes but by the time I had my first retail job, they were ubiquitous. I don't have a problem with technology itself. Much of it arose to streamline business processess and reduce business costs. The problem is the technology has the inherent capability to track, surveil and control people and our governments no longer protect us from those threats.
As bad as the tracking is, it's a complete nothing-burger compared to the next step, which is compelling you to act under thread of loss of "privilege"

Extremely dystopian and this should be a hill everyone is ready to die on.

('should', but we all know the COVIDians will be the first to bend over and comply)

Old 03-04-2022, 05:05 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,048,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Well, here in New Zealand we have formed a Tax Payers Union and a Freedom Union to fight against government over reach and leftist subversion. We have some nefarious things going on here, just like in Canada and indeed, the United States. The press will not help us because they are part of the left. We communicate by email. Who would have thought of that? This fight by the way, is going through the courts. We have already reversed vaxxine mandates in some areas. We have a long way to go though. The press would not advertise for us so we collected donations and put up banners all over the country on private land alongside roadways. We the people are standing together.
Awesome!

Old 03-04-2022, 05:09 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,566,268 times
Don't let the facts get in the way of all your tighty-whitey hand wringing:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8610512/g...convoy-frozen/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies