Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2022, 07:14 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,888,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
An inability to refute the comment so into attack mode. A common tactic by the OP. You're the only one that's ignored your own intial post from the get-go, every time someone has pointed out to you that it's not what you think.
No attack. Just a reference to reality. You seem to be unwilling to accept reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 07:17 AM

9,376 posts, read 6,987,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
So it seems to me that a parent would have to make at least $50k just to come out even, if one adds the work-related expenses (extra gas to and from work, possibly a more costly clothes budget depending on the job, etc.).

I wonder if we will be seeing a return to situations in where one parent works and one parent stays home when they have at least one child under the age of six.

Is it really any wonder that middle-income people are having fewer children these days?

Your math is pretty close to correct... The issue for us in my wife's employer provides the quality benefits while mine provides a higher salary so to make our family budget work we need both jobs.

When my four year old was born and we were thinking of a 2nd child our childcare costs would have been $1.5k / month. In 4.5 years time that is now up to $2.75k/month. The labor force here is insane as we have the lowest unemployment in the country (good thing) but on the lower end of the wage market you're seeing massive increases to their hourly wages (good for them) but crushing our budget.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:21 AM

2,335 posts, read 816,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No attack. Just a reference to reality. You seem to be unwilling to accept reality.
Yawn

"You'll get a pat on the head from your sycophants."

I gave you the reality as have many here. You sticking your head in a hole and ignoring things ain't changing anything. People earning $100k (the topic of the conversation) are a far cry from people earning minimum wage.

Last edited by dicipher; 03-07-2022 at 07:33 AM..

Old 03-07-2022, 07:44 AM

33,587 posts, read 18,183,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I agree.

My dog's echocardiogram cost more than mine.
My dog's health check blood ,urine ,pills for arthritis cost me almost $1,000 by the time I had her treated and tested .

Old 03-07-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Yawn

"You'll get a pat on the head from your sycophants."

I gave you the reality as have many here. You sticking your head in a hole and ignoring things ain't changing anything. People earning $100k (the topic of the conversation) are a far cry from people earning minimum wage.
No one said they are earning minimum wage. You're just ignoring the truth that under the Biden Admin more people than ever are living paycheck to paycheck, even those who earn more than $100,000.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No one said they are earning minimum wage. You're just ignoring the truth that under the Biden Admin more people than ever are living paycheck to paycheck, even those who earn more than $100,000.
That's right, they're earning $100k. Just want to make sure you don't deflect any more since your initial point has been debunked and you ignore all responses to that since this group all claim to have savings.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:25 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,295,082 times
Quote:
An inability to refute the comment so into attack mode. A common tactic by the OP. You're the only one that's ignored your own intial post from the get-go, every time someone has pointed out to you that it's not what you think. I assure you, I'm very aware of my financial situation and what a similar situation netted for me over the years, and I'm not complaining. Believe it or not, people earning over $100,000 can actually turn their situations around fairly quick (I realize that may be hard for you to comprehend).
Your posts are bordering on personal attacks....I've been suspended in past for ones like this....
F.Y.I.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Your posts are bordering on personal attacks....I've been suspended in past for ones like this....
F.Y.I.
If that were the case, I would imagine a comment like "You'll get a pat on the head from your sycophants." would qualify also. As would "Educate yourself". And it would indeed by hard for someone to comprehend if they never lived in a high COL area.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:30 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,295,082 times
Quote:
If that were the case, I would imagine a comment like "You'll get a pat on the head from your sycophants." would qualify also.
sycophants is above my vocabulary level.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:38 AM

Quote:
That's right, they're earning $100k. Just want to make sure you don't deflect any more since your initial point has been debunked and you ignore all responses to that since this group all claim to have savings.
It has not been debunked. You're being purposely blind. Probably because of your political beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies