Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 05:45 PM

46,450 posts, read 27,328,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
OK, I will.

I put quote around "rates" because you used the word "rates." And because I wanted to.

You're right, that was easy.
How can I be talking about my own post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 05:52 PM

20,996 posts, read 9,718,963 times
You used the word "rates" in your own post (see below). I felt like putting those in quotes when I responded to your post. If you don't like the fact I put your word in quotes, that's too bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, we have read them. The point is why do you only to positive rates? But refuse to respond to non-positive rates?

Be honest, many want to know.....

Old 03-04-2022, 06:04 PM

46,450 posts, read 27,328,200 times
Quote:
You used the word "rates" in your own post (see below). I felt like putting those in quotes when I responded to your post. If you don't like the fact I put your word in quotes, that's too bad.
No, no no....we are talking about your post 49.

Quote:
When Donald Trump was president, the Trump fans here were only responding to positive "rates." They refused to respond to non-positive "rates." All I'm doing is the same they were doing when their man was president.

There are plenty of Biden haters here who are broadcasting non-positive "rates." No need for me to duplicate their efforts.

Old 03-04-2022, 06:05 PM

20,996 posts, read 9,718,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, no no....we are talking about your post 49.
Indeed we are. And that's the post I was referring to in the bolded sentence below:
Quote:

Old 03-04-2022, 07:07 PM

1,946 posts, read 572,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Good posting Bond! People on this forum as so snarky. In the end, people working means your supply chain irons out, and either inflation should go down or growth up.

We can all agree that they stimulused too much and shut down too much, but at least we seem to be climbing out of the hole instead of wallowing in the crater.
It's always good to get back to where you were to start with, right?

Old 03-04-2022, 07:29 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,301,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
everyone is paying more.. no one is paying less. textbook defn of "lowered standard of living"
Well not everyone.
Not my husband, not either of my kids, not either of their spouses. Pretty much not anyone on my block. So not anyone in my large circle.
No one is commuting in to the city daily. Most not at all, some 2 days per week. Everyone got a big increase. Hey, I’m in Florida and we are working remotely.
Just a few data points for you. Much lower commuting costs/ much higher salaries.
We run in different circles.
I’m sorry this is not your experience.
There are winners and losers.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:45 PM

11,141 posts, read 4,801,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Well not everyone.
Not my husband, not either of my kids, not either of their spouses. Pretty much not anyone on my block. So not anyone in my large circle.
No one is commuting in to the city daily. Most not at all, some 2 days per week. Everyone got a big increase. Hey, I’m in Florida and we are working remotely.
Just a few data points for you. Much lower commuting costs/ much higher salaries.

well i have been telecommuting at least part time for 20 years...have not even BEEN to the office in now over 2 years since the evacuation order.

but your 'data points' are definitely not representative of any part of america, unless the other 335M people are lying...call me Jim Leyland - I play the odds.

so, unless you found a way to buy from goodwill only, eat only hotdogs from wawa and not power your house from FPL and even if you are only commuting sometimes, if your miles are as low as half (most of my miles are NOT commuting. by FAR) your gas bill stays the same, math, being what it is - all your costs are up.....my position stands

Old 03-04-2022, 09:34 PM

32,942 posts, read 19,618,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Well not everyone.
??your are not paying more??..do you ever go food shopping..... EVERYTHING is up

Old 03-04-2022, 09:35 PM

32,942 posts, read 19,618,948 times
while its a great thing that the 2022 employment numbers are starting to get back to where we were in 2020..we are headed into a very hard recession (this year), that will make 2008 look like a piece of cake

Old 03-04-2022, 09:39 PM

13,865 posts, read 5,080,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
while its a great thing that the 2022 employment numbers are starting to get back to where we were in 2020..we are headed into a very hard recession (this year), that will make 2008 look like a piece of cake
Very low unemployment is a bad thing. It results in labor shortages, which leads to supply chain issues, which leads to price increases, which means inflation. Hardly a recession, we need higher interest rates to cool off an overheated economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies