Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 03:01 PM

10,920 posts, read 4,661,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Not all of us.
Many benefited from the increase in salary.
Even the poor benefited from the increase in the minimum wage and other tax benefits like increase ctc. Increase in ss benefits, increase in stock market gains and real estate equity.
Sorry you were one of the unlucky ones. There are always some losers.
But if you are one of the losers it will be at least easy to find a supplemental job as you point out.

any increase in salary you most likely got, just went into the tank of the wagon queen, and you STILL didnt pick up eggs and bread for the missus.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 03:04 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,645,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The jobs boom continues unabated!

Upward revision to January as well.

US added 678,000 jobs in February in sign of economic health
Good new, with lots of jobs, because a person needs to have 3 jobs now, to afford to live in Bidenland.

Old 03-04-2022, 03:10 PM

20,930 posts, read 9,637,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
ok ok, I see where you are coming from. I assure you, nothing is 'made up'..an example if you please: ...
Much of what you complained about I addressed in the ADP thread here.

And the other stuff you complained about again I already responded to again below:
Quote:

But the problem with that excuse is, this new excuse will be complaining about something that happens after every recession: There is a sharp decline in jobs in the recession, after which it takes some time for those jobs to recover to previous levels.

But rather than being catastrophic, this jobs recovery has been extraordinarily fast, particularly considering how steep the initial jobs loss was.
If you click on the chart in the link I provided you'll notice that it looks like the total jobs recovery time for this recession is going to be about the same as after the 1981 recession.

Funny, I don't hear anybody here complaining that Ronald Reagan's first 3 years were an economic disaster.

All everyone here is doing is complaining about something that happens after every recession. And you can be 100% absolutely, positively sure they would not be complaining about it if Donald Trump had been elected to a second term.

Old 03-04-2022, 03:30 PM

Quote:

And the other stuff you complained about again I already responded to again below:

If you click on the chart in the link I provided you'll notice that it looks like the total jobs recovery time for this recession is going to be about the same as after the 1981 recession.

Funny, I don't hear anybody here complaining that Ronald Reagan's first 3 years were an economic disaster.

All everyone here is doing is complaining about something that happens after every recession. And you can be 100% absolutely, positively sure they would not be complaining about it if Donald Trump had been elected to a second term.

ok fine, its relatively quick, so we relatively quickly got back to square 1.

did you read my post?

Old 03-04-2022, 03:32 PM

Quote:

btw - dutch had to fix a LOT of crap, and he did it well, so much so, we have not since, nor likely ever will see someone with so much of the US population supporting him percentage wise. mebbe dale earnhardt would have been more popular, but yanno.

Old 03-04-2022, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
ok fine, its relatively quick, so we relatively quickly got back to square 1.

did you read my post?
Yes, I read it. And I responded to it.

You think inflation is making things bad. OK, I can certainly see the point. But as I said in my last post in the ADP thread, the choice was slower GDP growth, slower jobs growth but lower inflation, or: Faster GDP growth, faster jobs growth and higher inflation. I believe the latter is the better choice, because more people will be re-employed quicker that way. Life is just filled with tradeoffs.

Your points about minorities and everything else are no different than the other issues I've addressed: Like all the other measures, they will eventually get back to where they were prior to the pandemic. As after every recession, that just takes time.

Old 03-04-2022, 03:46 PM

46,381 posts, read 27,245,320 times
Quote:
I guess some people haven't been reading all the posts:

No, we have read them. The point is why do you only to positive rates? But refuse to respond to non-positive rates?

Be honest, many want to know.....

Old 03-04-2022, 03:49 PM

17,885 posts, read 13,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
90% of the jobs lost during Trump's reign have now been recovered.

I'm sorry sir, but if Trump had been reelected there would be eight gazillion new jobs. The unemployment rate would be 1% and gas would be a nickel a gallon.

Old 03-04-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, we have read them. The point is why do you only to positive rates? But refuse to respond to non-positive rates?

Be honest, many want to know.....
When Donald Trump was president, the Trump fans here were only responding to positive "rates." They refused to respond to non-positive "rates." All I'm doing is the same they were doing when their man was president.

There are plenty of Biden haters here who are broadcasting non-positive "rates." No need for me to duplicate their efforts.

Old 03-04-2022, 04:00 PM

46,381 posts, read 27,245,320 times
Quote:
When Donald Trump was president, the Trump fans here were only responding to positive "rates." They refused to respond to non-positive "rates." All I'm doing is the same they were doing when their man was president.

There are plenty of Biden haters here who are broadcasting non-positive "rates." No need for me to duplicate their efforts.
When you put "quotes" around something, you need to back it up, why won't you? It should be easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies