Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 07:24 AM

18,471 posts, read 7,110,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How long did the Spanish Flu officially last?

Anyone who has been paying attention has expected a similar lifespan for this pandemic.
But conspiracy theories are so much more comfortable, aren’t they?

ROFLMAO.....

This was predictable from day one

Funny how yesterday's conspiracy theories keep becoming today's "changing science".

Remember calling people who dared to go to the beach OUTSIDE in the FRESH AIR and DIRECT SUNSHINE "Grandma killers"?

Now, the CDC lifts masks requirements just days before Biden's maskless state of the union super spreader event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 07:42 AM

92 posts, read 28,020 times
It’s not over for federal employees, contractors, or health care providers. Still fighting through courts; one is this Tuesday, March 8. Still trying to force us to inject serums or lose our livelihoods.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:55 AM

35,205 posts, read 17,114,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Doesn't seem to be important anymore. Nobody's talking about it. The bot army was reprogrammed for Ukraine, I guess.

If that doesn't tell you that it was all just hysteria, nothing will.

I don't follow network news anymore... so maybe they're still mentioning it occasionally, but the bot army is clearly on Ukraine now, so the media likely is, too. The army just does as they're programmed to do.

Is the pandemic still a thing in your bubble? It's all but disappeared from mine.
Same thing happened when a drug addict in Minneapolis died after deciding to defy the police. The "mostly peaceful protests" could proceed without "social distancing" since "that was more important" than tilting at the Covid windmill.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:56 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,188,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Doesn't seem to be important anymore. Nobody's talking about it. The bot army was reprogrammed for Ukraine, I guess.

If that doesn't tell you that it was all just hysteria, nothing will.

I don't follow network news anymore... so maybe they're still mentioning it occasionally, but the bot army is clearly on Ukraine now, so the media likely is, too. The army just does as they're programmed to do.

Is the pandemic still a thing in your bubble? It's all but disappeared from mine.
Even here in democratic hellhole Illinois everything is back to normal as if covid never existed. Funny how that happened. Interesting timing lol

Old 03-05-2022, 08:00 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,733,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
ROFLMAO.....

This was predictable from day one

Funny how yesterday's conspiracy theories keep becoming today's "changing science".

Remember calling people who dared to go to the beach OUTSIDE in the FRESH AIR and DIRECT SUNSHINE "Grandma killers"?

Now, the CDC lifts masks requirements just days before Biden's maskless state of the union super spreader event.
Guess you missed this:

“And, unlike last year’s event, it will be open to all members of Congress, who will be required to produce a negative coronavirus test before entering the chamber for the president’s annual message.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/28/w...k-mandate.html

Old 03-05-2022, 08:00 AM

30,205 posts, read 11,859,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Even here in democratic hellhole Illinois everything is back to normal as if covid never existed. Funny how that happened. Interesting timing lol
I heard it happened also after the 1918 pandemic. That's how these things work. Although I do recall lots of Trump voters who said the masks and mandates were never going away because it was part of some bigger plan.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 03-05-2022 at 08:08 AM..

Old 03-05-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I heard it happened also after the 1918 pandemic. That's how these things work. Although I do recall lots of Trump voters who said the masks and mandates were never going away because it was part of some bigger plan.
They went away last year and then quickly came back so they were right

Old 03-05-2022, 08:12 AM

30,205 posts, read 11,859,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
They went away last year and then quickly came back so they were right
Then the people who said the masks were going away were also right. You see how that works?

Old 03-05-2022, 08:29 AM

25,899 posts, read 18,912,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
...They are permanently mentally damaged...
Unfortunate, but true. We will all be dealing with those who have developed brain damage over covid for years to come. It's pathetic, really. There have been people who really went through hell (like wars, famine, etc...) and developed legitimate PTSD type issues. And here we have people who are addicted to face diapers and are developing psychoses over them. It's obviously an addiction issue, but it seems to go much farther than that. Even a heroin addict who kicks the habit can get on with life after the fact. These folks never will.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Then the people who said the masks were going away were also right. You see how that works?
Then why did we have mask mandates? Funny the timing of it all being over is right now. Just like the funny timing of biden now saying he supports the police. How funny he is changing his mind on everything as we approach the mid-terms and his approval rating is at a record low lmao.

I love joey though. I have so many friends and coworkers and family who are lifetime democrats now swearing to me they will never vote dem again after everything that has happened under biden this year,

biden is doing to them what obama did to me. Changed me for ever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies