Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2022, 04:52 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Sad thing is that imbecile probably actually believes none of this is his fault.
Democrats never admit to anything, ever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2022, 05:02 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Biden goes off the rails...."‘I’m Sick’ of Americans Blaming Me for Inflation, Not Vladimir Putin"

Here's a chart of the (annualized) inflation rate, month by month, from Jan 2021 through Jan 2022.

Putin attacked Ukraine in Feb 2022.

Would somebody (how about you, Brandon?) like to explain what Putin did from Jan 2021 to Jan 2022, to cause all the inflation shown on the graph?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ate-in-the-us/

Please, Brandon, until you can successfully explain how Putin caused all this inflation, you may have to put up with Americans blaming you for it.

Because they'd be right.
Attached Thumbnails
Biden goes off the rails...."‘I’m Sick’ of Americans Blaming Me for Inflation, Not Vladimir Putin"-inflation_jan2021-feb2022.jpg  

Old 03-11-2022, 05:06 PM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
"I’m sick of this stuff…"
- Joe "Angry Old Man" Biden

"We're sick of Biden..."
- A majority of America

What did he use as proof of his claim? Stories from the Washington Post and New York Times...

You can't make this stuff up.
Yes he can and he does and expects Americans to believe him.

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
LOL...now we know.....Biden only gets information his handlers give him

“I’m sick of this stuff… The American people think the reason for inflation is the government spending more money,” Biden said angrily. “Simply. Not. True.”

“Democrats didn’t cause this problem. Vladimir Putin did,” Biden said

“From the moment he put his over 150,000 troops on the Ukrainian border, the price of gasoline in January went up 75 cents,”

“Make no mistake, inflation is largely the fault of Putin,” Biden griped.

=====

Matt Whitlock
@mattdizwhitlock
From the time Biden's $1.9T spending bill passed in March - which Obama economist Larry Summers called "the least responsible economic policy in 40 years" - inflation has outpaced wage growth, giving Americans a pay-cut.

Biden thinks everyone is stupid.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ladimir-putin/

============
When you ban another countries pipe line.....because it will hurt their economy

...and then ban your own countries pipe line....because it's the right thing to do
You still haven't made an argument why Biden is to blame for inflation although I think he is wrong to blame this entirely on the invasion. So I guess banning the Keystone Pipeline is the reason. LOL

Every country is experiencing inflation, is Biden to blame.

Starting a thread with "went off the rails" for that statement after 4 years of Trump, come on man.

18,460 posts, read 8,287,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
There's been something called covid. It's caused prices to go up worldwide. You should listen to the people in England complain about the high price of gas (petrol) for their cars. They're really upset about the high cost of heating oil too. Covid has practically turned our world upside down and you can't blame one person for it. Maybe a country far away that dropped the ball, but not one leader of a country.
you really need to read more of the posts on this thread........

Old 03-11-2022, 05:08 PM

18,460 posts, read 8,287,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You still haven't made an argument why Biden is to blame for inflation although I think he is wrong to blame this entirely on the invasion. So I guess banning the Keystone Pipeline is the reason.

Starting a thread with "went off the rails" for that statement after 4 years of Trump, come on man.
not my job....I just post um....LOL

...gives you something to post nonsense to

Old 03-11-2022, 05:11 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,714,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Funny how no one remembers how Trump would very quickly pass blame for negative results onto one of his team but would quickly take the credit when the result was positive. But that aside too much of what has caused the inflations, shortages and rising prices are all due to supply and demand especially on the world oil market. But why hasn't the US Oil Industry increased their production you know the answers profit, they like so many industries are trying to make up for the losses of 2020. Exxon made 23 Billion in profit last year so may be now they will nock off the BS and increase production.

The President is responsible for much but I place a lot of blame on Congress, you remember them those elected officials who are suppose to represent us. But for the last 4+ years have been entrenched in partisan lock-step with neither side able to compromise for the sake of the American people. Their continued impasse on almost everything has ground the governments ability to do their job to near 0.
Right and I am sure that Biden's energy policy has nothing to do with it their lack of desire to pump additional oil.

An interesting article on his Policies and why they have been basically discouraging oil companies from increasing production.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/09/why-bi...ng-oil-prices/

Quote:
“You’ve got diplomacy on Ukraine. You’ve got diplomacy with Iran. Now you’ve got diplomacy with Venezuela,” Kloza said. “You know, it might be advisable to have some diplomacy with oil and gas companies.”
Has he done anything more than continuing to blame the oil companies?

Old 03-11-2022, 05:14 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
There's been something called covid. It's caused prices to go up worldwide. You should listen to the people in England complain about the high price of gas (petrol) for their cars. They're really upset about the high cost of heating oil too. Covid has practically turned our world upside down and you can't blame one person for it. Maybe a country far away that dropped the ball, but not one leader of a country.
We have had drastic economic effects on people every day and everywhere in the world due to the Pandemic. What they did or didn't do, work or didn't work, buy or spend or didn't during the Pandemic and those effects on production, demands and prices.

Employment, optimism index, consumer credit, consumer price index - Mosler Economics / Modern Monetary Theory

Of course any new moneys could aggravate much of this. But most of those new moneys would never have been created without a serious drop in economic activity due to the Pandemic. And of course that all started with Trump, and not his 'fault' either.

Old 03-11-2022, 05:17 PM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Covid did not create money out of thin air and put it into the stock market.
Covid did not set the Fed Funds rate at 0%

The Federal Reserve did.

Old 03-11-2022, 05:19 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Covid did not create money out of thin air and put it into the stock market.
Covid did not set the Fed Funds rate at 0%

The Federal Reserve did.
And at the same time the retards in government forced production of goods to shut down for no good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies