Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 08:35 PM

290 posts, read 151,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Did you see cops keeping people from going to churches and stores during Covid? I didn't. I know some churches didn't have services and maybe some businesses closed, but aside from that, nope.
Not here, but take a look around the world and it was happening regularly. Churches in Canada were ordered closed and were raided.

Stores in the U.K. were ordered closed, or for those deemed to be selling "essential items" and allowed to stay open there were reports of shoppers being stopped at the door with demands to check what was in their bags to make sure they hadn't also purchased some "non-essential" item, even though it was never officially declared what was supposed to be essential and what wasn't, and even though such searches were totally unlawful. At one point the U.K. government declared that people were allowed outside only for a small handful of reasons, such as a medical appointment or to buy those essential items. There were many, many instances of people being violently arrested for a supposed violation of these rules, the most disgusting of which I saw on a report was a 90-year-old man being violently dragged into a van by thugs in uniform (as far as I'm concerned they ceased to be deserving of the title police officer) for the supposed crime of "being outside without a lawful reason." (I'm from England, which is why I was following the U.K. news so closely.)

But if you want to see some of the worst instances in the English-speaking world, look to Australia. The violence being dealt out by their thugs in uniform was just unbelievable and sickening to watch, for things like somebody walking along a street by himself without a mask.

This may not seem relevant to us here in the U.S.A., and we're fortunate in that law enforcement is much more localized than in many other nations. But the approach adopted in so many places around the world was so obviously coming from the same playbook, a playbook which we know is supported by all the top globalists who have their fingers in all the international organizations.

It was already clear many months ago that having established "lockdowns" and related restrictions for the virus, the next thing after they'd exhausted a few variants would be a "climate lockdown," because we must save the planet, don't you know? While it's true that we have no direct obligation to take any notice whatsoever of what some international committee comes up with, that doesn't mean that certain people who get into government might not try to take those ideas and put them into effect here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 08:38 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/business...bal-oil-demand

55 mph speed limits, freeze in winter, sweat in summer, travel at night: it's all there. These people love telling us what to do and this is a chance too good too miss.

The ghost of Jimmy Carter has come back to haunt us. Those of you who weren't around in the 70's, you're getting a living history lesson.

The administration is already embracing the most odious regimes in the world to get us oil. Now it it telling us to change ourselves, eagerly inserting itself in our daily lives.

All because it won't get oil from the cheapest, most reliable, environmentally friendliest place in the world: America.
That was an International Energy Agency proposal, not the US Department of Energy.

What a misleading thread.

Old 03-19-2022, 08:43 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Gee, I didnt know Police could pick and choose what laws to enforce?
They do it all the time. I've been let out of tickets, cops will ignore most minor infractions, especially if it close to the time they get off, they choose not enforce all kinds of things.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-19-2022, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
In my small town, this would not be an issue for those that live in town. We could walk the 8 blocks to church. But several of the folks in my church do live anywhere from 2 miles to 30 miles out of town. Many people in my area routinely drive 30 miles to do ANYTHING, church included. This is an idiotic idea that is biased against rural communities.
Keep watching closely for more ideas which are aimed at destroying rural communities. Look up "Agenda 21" and "Agenda 2030" if you haven't already heard of them. It is right there in the globalists' plans that they want to make it almost impossible to live in rural areas and want to concentrate people into densely packed "mega-cities." It will be done in the name of saving the planet from climate change so that people will never need to travel far, but it's not hard to see through the lies.

Old 03-20-2022, 07:54 AM

43,122 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That was an International Energy Agency proposal, not the US Department of Energy.

What a misleading thread.
Not quite.....
If the US were to go the "Jimmy Carter" route with cutbacks our government can always point the finger at the IEA.
So Americans won't get mad at the US Government.
Very similar to how Fauci said the NIH did not DIRECTLY fund Wuhan lab; they just gave money to EcoHealth who funded the Wuhan lab.

https://www.energy.gov/ia/initiative...rgy-agency-iea
The U.S. Department of Energy, working with the U.S. Department of State, oversees governance of the IEA and advances U.S. interests through participation in various committees that guide the IEA’s policy and programs.

Old 03-20-2022, 08:30 AM

3,348 posts, read 2,312,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Maybe yours, but most saw that govt cops were willing to do whatever politicians and bureaucrats ordered them to do during unlawful covid lockdowns.
Typically they enforce whatever they're told and the overwhelming majority aren't willing to let your freedoms get in the way of their paycheck and benefits.
Quote:
Did you see cops keeping people from going to churches and stores during Covid? I didn't. I know some churches didn't have services and maybe some businesses closed, but aside from that, nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBC-1966 View Post
Not here, but take a look around the world and it was happening regularly. Churches in Canada were ordered closed and were raided.
Stores in the U.K. were ordered closed, or for those deemed to be selling "essential items" and allowed to stay open there were reports of shoppers being stopped at the door with demands to check what was in their bags to make sure they hadn't also purchased some "non-essential" item, even though it was never officially declared what was supposed to be essential and what wasn't, and even though such searches were totally unlawful. At one point the U.K. government declared that people were allowed outside only for a small handful of reasons, such as a medical appointment or to buy those essential items. There were many, many instances of people being violently arrested for a supposed violation of these rules, the most disgusting of which I saw on a report was a 90-year-old man being violently dragged into a van by thugs in uniform (as far as I'm concerned they ceased to be deserving of the title police officer) for the supposed crime of "being outside without a lawful reason." (I'm from England, which is why I was following the U.K. news so closely.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Our sheriff would not enforce it. He has already said he could not enforce any new gun laws because he swore to uphold the Constitution.

Yes I read the news that the media was beating the drumbeats to a global police state everyminute in March of 2020. It was all so surreal.

All that PBC1966 mentioned happened in many parts of the good old USA too back in 2020. I remember counties trying to "trespass" citizens from other counties just like if the county is one big private country club just because they don't have primary residence, even the ones who own land there. People arrested or cited just for venturing onto open land or water, or watching sunset in their cars, or being boyfriend girlfriend out together in public, which were all unimaginable in the "free" world. Or going to drive thru Easter church service. Yes they raided churches around in the USA as well. It appeared only Japan, Iceland, and Sweden avoided abusing their new COVID world order powers.

Even right before COVID I already notice governments around the world flexing their power alot for various issues including so called "climate emergency" and private corporations too. Their paying consumers now take a back seat to many things. Going green was a get out of jail free card right before COVID19 to treat paying customers badly.

Yet there are people who still insist Agenda 2030 is only a conspiracy theory. Looks whats happening around them.

COVID had shown who people would love private cars and big homes even more. As its proven to be a nightmare to be lockdown in a peanut sized apartment, and using transit when there were barely any running not to mention being forced to be with strangers who may be infected. Not to mention you have no place to sit when you arrive at your destination and no where to get out of the elements as indoor access is severely restricted. As well as prefer more sanitary "single use" items which was introduced to combat public health emergencies.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:19 AM

43,122 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Biden has nothing to do with the IEA...nothing.
Quite the contrary...not Biden but our own US Energy Dept.
I already posted a link to .gov explaining the setup.

Old 03-22-2022, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
People arrested or cited just for venturing onto open land or water, or watching sunset in their cars, or being boyfriend girlfriend out together in public, which were all unimaginable in the "free" world.
And as you say, the same crazy things happening in so many different places - Coincidence? I don't believe so.

These are also things I was seeing on reports from "the old country" all the time. One British police force was sending drones out to search for people who had decided to go take a walk in the countryside, completely by themselves with nobody else nearby, in the name of trying to prevent unnecessary travel. When the government had the rules in place about only being allowed to leave home for a few specific reasons, one of which was to take up to an hour per day of exercise, we had sickening scenes such as an old lady being jumped on by the state stasi for daring to take a break for a few minutes to sit on a bench while walking in the local park. They said that as she'd decided to sit down for a while she was no longer exercising and thus was "outside without a lawful reason." There were people who decided to take a walk for their physical exercise but also to exercise their right of free speech by carrying placards or wearing shirts with comments against the lockdown. They were often immediately pounced upon, given tickets or in some cases arrested, on the grounds that they weren't just exercising but were protesting. And on and on it went. Fortunately, a lot of people went to court and - quite rightly - had their citations tossed out by a judge. But how many didn't, or just paid up without even challenging their citations?

Last edited by PBC-1966; 03-22-2022 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: Correction of typo.

Old 03-22-2022, 11:56 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBC-1966 View Post

But if you want to see some of the worst instances in the English-speaking world, look to Australia. The violence being dealt out by their thugs in uniform was just unbelievable and sickening to watch, for things like somebody walking along a street by himself without a mask.

This may not seem relevant to us here in the U.S.A., and we're fortunate in that law enforcement is much more localized than in many other nations. But the approach adopted in so many places around the world was so obviously coming from the same playbook, a playbook which we know is supported by all the top globalists who have their fingers in all the international organizations.

It was already clear many months ago that having established "lockdowns" and related restrictions for the virus, the next thing after they'd exhausted a few variants would be a "climate lockdown," because we must save the planet, don't you know? While it's true that we have no direct obligation to take any notice whatsoever of what some international committee comes up with, that doesn't mean that certain people who get into government might not try to take those ideas and put them into effect here.
I wasn't referring to other countries. I was following the thread that talked about the Energy Department.

Old 03-22-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I wasn't referring to other countries. I was following the thread that talked about the Energy Department.
My point is that the virus restrictions and those being suggested for supposed climate issues are not just the ideas of one particular agency in one country. It's all based on a single set of aims which are being promoted by the global organizations such as the United Nations and the World Economic Forum. So far, the U.S.A. has been the most resistant to implementing those aims (New York City and a few other places excepted), and we must continue to resist at every opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies