Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 06:50 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
Liberals will not be happy until:

- All of their wacky beliefs are proved scientifically to be true.
- Government can create wealth.
- Government will take care of everyone.
- Everything they are afraid of is banned.
- Globbal warming is cured.
Unfortunately, liberalism is a religion of self hate and liberals will not be happy until they are all living in mud huts, burning animal dung for fuel, or are dead so they can't contribute to "global warming".

I have NEVER met a peaceful, happy liberal. They are always pissed off about something and are miserable to be around. I always told my kids, if nothing else, to be positive and maintain a favorable outlook on life. The world needs positive, confident people and a lot less hateful, miserable liberals.

Liberals love to spread misery so that everyone else can be as miserable as they are. It is no wonder that liberals have a much higher incidence of mental illness, commit more crimes, and have higher incidences of substance abuse. Confident, content people they are not.

Old 03-29-2022, 07:30 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Trumpers aren't happy either. When you fall for the extreme on either side, everything will make you angry and you'll never be happy.
Yeah, if you had stated "far right" I'd agree with you. Instead you labeled people that voted for Trump, and that is why I disagree. I know plenty of people that voted for Trump, including my wife and myself and after the election we moved on with our lives. Even with this disaster of an administration our lives are great, although it is just costing us more. We can absorb it. Our investments are still doing good, our house and cottage value is continually climbing. It's all good. This is just a bump in the road, and hopefully in 4 years we can see some change in this country.

Old 03-29-2022, 07:38 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yeah, if you had stated "far right" I'd agree with you. Instead you labeled people that voted for Trump, and that is why I disagree. I know plenty of people that voted for Trump, including my wife and myself and after the election we moved on with our lives. Even with this disaster of an administration our lives are great, although it is just costing us more. We can absorb it. Our investments are still doing good, our house and cottage value is continually climbing. It's all good. This is just a bump in the road, and hopefully in 4 years we can see some change in this country.
Those posters like the one you replied to consider anyone who disagrees with them to be far right. You can't oppose illegal immigration and want our immigration laws enforced without being an angry, hateful far righter according to him and his cohorts. That's just example of their demented thinking.

Old 03-29-2022, 07:39 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,840 times
Quote:
I agree as the labeling goes both ways (I chimed in on the comment but rephrased it exactly as you stated).

It's nice to see a comment from someone that although not pleased by the current administration, doesn't get into hyperbole and realizes their lives haven't fallen off some cliff. There are things that have been put in play by both parties that have impacted me and my wife over the past decade. We roll with the punches and move on. We don't sit around and B and moan as it serves no purpose.

Old 03-29-2022, 07:39 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Trumpers aren't happy either. When you fall for the extreme on either side, everything will make you angry and you'll never be happy.
Like a man can be a woman and compete in women’s sports…. Oh , that is the left.

Old 03-29-2022, 07:40 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Those posters like the one you replied to consider anyone who disagrees with them to be far right. You can't oppose illegal immigration and want our immigration laws enforced without being an angry, hateful far righter according to him and his cohorts. That's just example of their demented thinking.
Agreed.

Old 03-29-2022, 07:44 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Agreed.
I forgot to add that every liberal leftist that I have been around including some family members were very bitter and judgemental. If you don't agree with them they will even disown you and imply that you are a bad person. I never in my life thought that family members would turn on each other over politics. I would never do that regardless of their political and social beliefs.

Old 03-29-2022, 09:45 AM

439 posts, read 290,311 times
I think it's for the same reason feminists are always so angry/upset/mad about everything. Like, when you're constantly told how "oppressed" and "exploited" you are all of the time, what do you expect?

Old 03-29-2022, 09:53 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,014,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I saw this the other day and now I understand a bit better why so many Democrats are not happy people. It is that they suffer and battle everyday with "white guilt".

This was on Social Media the other day posted by a Liberal acquaintance. It is a nice sentiment but come on. If they really think like this no wonder why so many Democrats are not happy, they are too busy self examining themselves and they are not happy with what they see.

Do they really "check" themselves everyday?

I believe that the ones that crow loudest about anti racism are in fact the biggest racists of all because that is all they think about and this happy Bunny statement is proof of that.

I have a better idea than trying to examine and unlearn the hidden bias of my subconscious and that is simply to be NICE. Being NICE to others no matter who they are is easy.

There are so many hand wringers that are in a constant state of worry over their perceived racist actions and thoughts when al they have to do is be NICE. They could then get on with their day and save us all from their grief.
is the introspection that you struggle with? or the "subconscious" meaning you are not doing something consciously? Here is a cure for opiods addiction just dont take opiods, would it be easier that instead of treatment you just dont take the drugs? Super goofy.

Old 03-29-2022, 09:54 AM

1,952 posts, read 830,095 times
As one living in Texas and working in the energy/oil business...I admit, I do not run into lots of liberals.

However, the few that I know well ARE fairly unhappy sorts overall. They are not sad or walking around crying or depressed but they tend to criticize anything and everything around them. They think they are "better" than the rest of us and give off an air that is uncomfortable.

Most in our office avoid the two or three working here, unless it is a business related task, as they are the least friendly people in our place of work. They always act uncomfortable and make some of us equally uncomfortable with their odd personalities and actions.

The one I know that lives on my street is fairly anti-social and talks to maybe 1 or 2 people on our street, despite his having lived on my street for over 10 years. I get the same "I am better than all of you" vibe from this guy as well. Never waives as he drives by....sort of a snob, really.

I have one liberal cousin and he is gay and never shows up for family events, unless maybe there is a funeral. The odd thing is...nobody I know in my family has said anything bad to him about his lifestyle. He seems to have taken it upon himself to self-isolate from us all on his own. I have not seen him in probably 12 years. He also had an air about him that we were all beneath him and maybe that is why he separated from the family...I dunno.

Is this the case with ALL liberals? I have no idea...this is just what I experience myself....first hand. I admit that I do not hang around many people that I would call left or far left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies