Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2022, 04:20 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Remember what it takes to get an ID? Now, recall what demographic does not have a current ID?

Republicans have this figured out.

So how do they apply for government services? get housing? bank accounts? go work? go to school.? go to the hospital and get medicine. Buy or drive a car? travel?

You know how absurd your post sounds?

Old 04-02-2022, 05:57 PM

9,136 posts, read 6,191,523 times
Quote:
You have a computer? They are available free at the library.
You have heard of libraries haven't you?

You had reliable transportation to get you to and from that office? Invest in Uber. Forego cable TV for one month if a driver's license is important to you. Rent a car for a day. Ask a friend, if you have any.

With current logarithms [Which: ln or log? This is a mathematical exponent which raises a number to another number which is quite illogical in this context.] and with segmentation procedures This is hooey., those folks making requirements can figure out just what segment of the population is affected by each requirement (or 'restriction').You have to make at least some effort. You can't sit in your hole and continue to blubber about your life.

Now you see why Republicans can and do change voter registration requirements? I'm not sure what you see, but I see someone who refuses to make any effort to solve their perceived problems.

Getting your first Florida driver's license is something that is done once. Just make some effort to live your life without bemoaning the small stuff.

After you obtain the initial license, renewals are easy.

"Customers must renew their Florida driver license or ID card every eight years. The expiration date is listed on the credential. Florida driver license holders may renew their credential up to 18 months in advance of the expiration date and ID card holders may renew 12 months in advance of the expiration date.

FLHSMV offers a quick, convenient way to renew your driver license or ID card online at MyDMV Portal. "

https://www.flhsmv.gov/driver-licens...se-or-id-card/

You are not looking for a solution. You are wedded to your mistaken beliefs. When alternatives are presented to you, you insist on disputing every facet so that you can feel justified. You are not justified. I just showed how easy it is to get the license. Or at the very least, not an insurmountable obstacle.

Old 04-02-2022, 10:15 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
So how do they apply for government services? get housing? bank accounts?
News flash: A whole raft of Americans do not have a bank account! This status may be foreign to you and me but it actually is quite common. Must a person have a bank account to vote?

Not realizing this about the populace is kind of elitist.

Quote:
go work? go to school.? go to the hospital and get medicine. Buy or drive a car? travel?
They are generally minorities or rural people and often don't own cars.
Quote:
As many as 11 percent of United States citizens – more than 21 million individuals – do not have government-issued photo identification.
https://www.brennancenter.org/media/6697/download

Quote:
Let them eat cake?

Old 04-02-2022, 10:22 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
You are not looking for a solution. You are wedded to your mistaken beliefs. When alternatives are presented to you, you insist on disputing every facet so that you can feel justified. You are not justified. I just showed how easy it is to get the license. Or at the very least, not an insurmountable obstacle.
Using an algorithm is how statisticians figure out things about people based on several characteristics. You know, like how on the internet they know which items to advertise to you based on some of one's habits and websites one has visited.
Quote:

Social media algorithms are what all social media platforms run on these days.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajagraw...h=1e3be056a515

Now, it can be easy to figure out some irrelevant factors about folks who tend not to vote for the GOP. These characteristics were seized on by Republicans and used by them as requirements to vote -- all so that the numbers of folks voting Republican could be lowered.

In Chicago at one time a person had to be six feet tall to get a job as a security guard, for no good reason. What effect do you think this had on the hiring of certain minority group members?

Old 04-02-2022, 10:31 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Remember what it takes to get an ID? Now, recall what demographic does not have a current ID?

O oh not have a ID? Driver’s license? SS#. Are you saying Democrats lack intelligence to get a ID?

Old 04-02-2022, 10:32 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
So how do they apply for government services? get housing? bank accounts? go work? go to school.? go to the hospital and get medicine. Buy or drive a car? travel?

It’s insulting

Old 04-02-2022, 11:35 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:

You weren't addressing me but if I may answer - illegal aliens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
It’s insulting
Exactly!

Old 04-03-2022, 02:07 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Was the need for a photo ID to vote ever proven as needed? For many years, no show of ID was required for me to vote. I just told my name and was shown where to sign. I was never told by a poll worker I couldn't vote because my signature showed I already voted. Proof that an ID was needed would surely require more than 1 or 2 people complaining of forgery.

Old 04-03-2022, 02:11 AM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I've never seen an attempt by the DNC to make it harder to cheat.

Old 04-03-2022, 03:31 AM

2,284 posts, read 637,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Was the need for a photo ID to vote ever proven as needed? For many years, no show of ID was required for me to vote. I just told my name and was shown where to sign. I was never told by a poll worker I couldn't vote because my signature showed I already voted. Proof that an ID was needed would surely require more than 1 or 2 people complaining of forgery.
Why is an ID required to buy a gun?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies