Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2022, 12:36 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times

Advertisements

I'm sure the Democrats, as usual, knew this was coming for a vote and increased their stock portfolio just like they did with the Climate Control and EV's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2022, 12:45 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Weed may be a poor lifestyle choice for many people,
but nobody should ever be put in a cage over it.
BTW, it didn't seem to hold Elon Musk back.

Old 04-02-2022, 12:52 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I'm sure the Democrats, as usual, knew this was coming for a vote and increased their stock portfolio just like they did with the Climate Control and EV's
Guess what industry John Boehner works for now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/03/u...smid=url-share

John Boehner: From Speaker of the House to Cannabis Pitchman

Old 04-02-2022, 12:54 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Still needs to pass Senate but nearly all Republicans voted against it. Will the same GOP members that voted against it later take credit for any marijuana tax revenue brought to their state?

https://thehill.com/news/house/32563...ing-marijuana/
Biden is against it, he believes it's the devil's weed.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:17 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
here is some fun facts:

https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/data-statistics.htm

Of course being scientific or showing geographic/economic facts wont help get this passed.

I had the great displeasure of having to deal with consumers who smelled of skunk weed. Never mind that having any type of "reality" driven conversation was for naught. Yes there is a reason Cheech and Chong, and the Beavis/Butthead hit the circuit for media views. Most could identify with knowing or having that person cross paths with them. As stereotypical as it may come off, its more true then not.

Medical MJ is primarily administered in oil, liquid form or vape.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:21 PM

120 posts, read 131,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Biden is against it, he believes it's the devil's weed.
But, that's not what he ran for President on. Why do we even Vote? They say what we want to hear and do nothing.....

Old 04-02-2022, 02:31 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I disagree with your generalization about marijuana.

People are going to buy it regardless. Either the cartel and street drug dealers control it or local legal businesses do.

And there are lots of legal things that are a bad idea. Junk food, alcohol and cigarettes to name a few. Either you want to the nanny state to tell people what they can and cannot do or let people have the freedom to decide for themselves.
But junk food and cigarettes are not mind-altering drugs.

Old 04-02-2022, 02:33 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Legalizing marijuana is a bad idea. People who use it have a screw loose.
Companies fire potheads for very good reason.
Calm down.
Probably does less damage than alcohol which has been around for a long time.
I work hard, I pay my bills, I take care of my family.
If I want to enjoy a bit of weed every now and then.... the government can just leave me alone.

Old 04-02-2022, 02:33 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
It was a propaganda film not a comedy. I watched it a few months back. It was funded by a church group to scare high school age kids away from trying marijuana. It was so ridiculous that it became a cult classic.
If it was supposed to scare high school age kids away from trying marijuana, I would say that is a good thing. It should be discouraged, not encouraged.

Old 04-02-2022, 02:35 PM

2,335 posts, read 815,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
here is some fun facts:

https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/data-statistics.htm

Of course being scientific or showing geographic/economic facts wont help get this passed.

I had the great displeasure of having to deal with consumers who smelled of skunk weed. Never mind that having any type of "reality" driven conversation was for naught. Yes there is a reason Cheech and Chong, and the Beavis/Butthead hit the circuit for media views. Most could identify with knowing or having that person cross paths with them. As stereotypical as it may come off, its more true then not.

Medical MJ is primarily administered in oil, liquid form or vape.
And?

The way you try and pigeonhole a conversation is about as disingenuous as it gets. Spare me the cdc citing. A simple query will yield you countless studies on the benefits of marijuana (I don't think it's necessary to list a page worth of links). And no... next up is not coke and meth, no matter how many times you want to spew nonsense like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies