Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 01:50 AM

27,310 posts, read 15,454,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
Every single gun used in a crime was oreginally bought by a "responsibe gun owner" You guys have done a pretty crappy job of securing them. Of course, those guns have to be registered, to track the "responsible" owners who funneling them ino the underworld. So why not have a registration system? Ah, you don't want to have it on you if your gun gets in the wrong hands.

20,000 gun deaths means 20,000 responsible gun owners who failed to control their secret 19th century arsenal that is so essential to the security of a free 21st century state.
Rhetoric and bad math here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 04:30 AM

59,510 posts, read 27,639,962 times
Quote:
Every single gun used in a crime was oreginally bought by a "responsibe gun owner" You guys have done a pretty crappy job of securing them. Of course, those guns have to be registered, to track the "responsible" owners who funneling them ino the underworld. So why not have a registration system? Ah, you don't want to have it on you if your gun gets in the wrong hands.

20,000 gun deaths means 20,000 responsible gun owners who failed to control their secret 19th century arsenal that is so essential to the security of a free 21st century state.
"Every single gun used in a crime was oreginally bought by a "responsibe gun owner"

NOT true. Many of these guns are smuggled in via our southern border.

Apply every one of he over 20,000 gun laws the FIRST amendment.

Think about that for awhile.

Of course, those COMPUTERS have to be registered, to track the "responsible" owners who funneling them into the underworld.

Old 04-07-2022, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
A local couple and their two young girls were watching TV. Two people high on drugs broke through the front door and started beating the couple. The man managed to get loose, grab a gun and shoot both of them, killing one. I guess some people think he should have grabbed his phone instead and called 911 and waited 10-15 minutes for the police. And this is NOT a high crime area. First gun related death in years.
Many anti-gunners can't look past their noses.

Old 04-07-2022, 04:36 AM

Quote:
OK, now I understand. America is awash in millions of smuggled or stolen guns. And you will fight to the death to defend the those gun owners from any scrutiny.
"OK, now I understand."

Not even close!

Old 04-07-2022, 05:59 AM

29,795 posts, read 14,858,781 times
Quote:
OK, now I understand. America is awash in millions of smuggled or stolen guns. And you will fight to the death to defend the those gun owners from any scrutiny.
Tell me you don't know what you're talking about, without telling me you don't know what you're talking about...

Old 04-07-2022, 07:45 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,650,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Rhetoric and bad math here.
See this guy about the bad math. I used his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
There is an illegal firearms pipeline to/from Mexico that runs north/south all the way to Canada. We send them illegal guns, they send us illegal guns. At this point, the totals are in the millions on each end.
I can't sneak a tangerine across, and you've got criminal running boxcar-loads going straight from the factory across the border and back, untouched by clean hands.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:51 AM

1,952 posts, read 838,947 times
Quote:

Complete nonsense.

First, using phrases like "awash" is just intellectually dishonest. You have NO idea how many guns in America are stolen or smuggled. Also, smuggled is another crazy term. Most guns used in homicides are perfectly legal to sell and purchase in America, so nope...they are NOT "smuggled."

Second, no rational, sane gun owner is supporting or defending those that use guns illegally in crimes or those that posses stolen guns.

The anti-gun crowd has made some statements here that range from completely false to totally bizarre. This seems to be a recurring theme around here.

As the other leftists love to say...."educate yourself" on firearms in America before making such crazy statements.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:58 AM

24,886 posts, read 9,641,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Do Democrats understand that criminals don't care about gun laws? This only hurts law-abiding citizens, as usual...
Democrats don’t care, they low law abiding gun owners generally vote Republican.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:00 AM

14,101 posts, read 5,709,013 times
Quote:
I can't sneak a tangerine across, and you've got criminal running boxcar-loads going straight from the factory across the border and back, untouched by clean hands.
Yeah, because your tangerine isn't big money, firearms and ammunition are.

The grey and black markets for firearms and ammunition is global and very lucrative.

And seriously, millions of humans and literally tons of drugs come across the southern border annually. Pretty sure if truckloads of humans and giants bails/drums of drugs can easily cross borders, so too can firearms and ammo.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:01 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,028,757 times
Joe Biden and the democrats love gun control. So did Mao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies