Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 08:02 PM

27,602 posts, read 28,706,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I believe everyone should have equal opportunities in life no matter what race or background, Asians shouldn't be punished for being successful. But this whole idea of privilege is just going to cause resentment towards Groups of people.
We need to get used to the idea that not all humans are equal in intelligence, talent or ability. That is just a fact of life.

The great majority of societies have known this for ages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 01:08 PM

6,701 posts, read 2,991,446 times
So she was officially terminated for her comments.

San Dieguito Union High School District Board Terminates Ward From Superintendent Position

Personally, I don't think she should have been terminated.
I think the conversation could have been brought around to find some common ground, but that never happened.

But then she says this:
Quote:
I've put my job on the line to make decisions in the best interests of the district, standing against those with nefarious intentions.
Ok,..now there are "nefarious" intentions?
I am curious to know what is being accused.

?

Old 06-28-2022, 02:04 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,132,445 times
Tiger mom's have a lot to do with it.

Old 06-28-2022, 02:52 PM

78,494 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
So she was officially terminated for her comments.

San Dieguito Union High School District Board Terminates Ward From Superintendent Position

Personally, I don't think she should have been terminated.
I think the conversation could have been brought around to find some common ground, but that never happened.

But then she says this:

Ok,..now there are "nefarious" intentions?
I am curious to know what is being accused.

?
Probably groups she wants to blame but doesn't want to sound racist (again) in doing so.

Old 06-28-2022, 02:53 PM

43,184 posts, read 18,329,147 times
Nefarious....maybe those wealthy Asians pulled some high level strings and got her fired ?
Of course it would not be due to what she said.

Old 06-28-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Probably groups she wants to blame but doesn't want to sound racist (again) in doing so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Nefarious....maybe those wealthy Asians pulled some high level strings and got her fired ?
Ha,..oh no,...Doubling Down.

Don't do it!

Old 06-28-2022, 03:01 PM

13,080 posts, read 7,537,409 times
The Bell Curve, by R. Herrnstein & C. Murray. 1996
Guns, Germs, and Steel, by J Diamond. 1999.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:05 PM

21,874 posts, read 25,187,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
There's always some nefarious cabal out there

Right choice by the district. They'll still eat her entire yearly salary but at least she's out the door.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:15 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,166,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
We need to get used to the idea that not all humans are equal in intelligence, talent or ability. That is just a fact of life.

The great majority of societies have known this for ages.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you line 10 people of different ages, sexes, ethnic groups and have them run a one mile race, do you think everybody will finish exactly the same? No.

I've never understood this relentless pursuit of equality. Things in life are not equal. Hierarchies exist. Let's just acknowledge these facts and focus more on the hand that you are dealt in life and move on.

My wife is Asian. Guess what? She's smart. All of her Asian friends are smart. Many of them aren't rich, but they are smart, hard working and have good moral compasses/family values. They should be applauded, not demonized!!!

Don't look down your noses at them, try to penalize them or be jealous of them for crying out loud. That's simply being petty, jealous and belligerent. Let them be them and focus on you being a better version of you.

This is just common sense....

Old 06-28-2022, 03:35 PM

I just don't like how she comes to this observation and then just stops there. That's her conclusion.

It's like,..ok, it Is true most of our Chinese students come from well off families( they can actually afford the $$ to get and live here).

So what's to fix?! Make them equally Poor? ( Hmmm )

There are many patterns to look at. The other teachers responded , well, they have two parent families, grandparents, family unit is solid. Parents are active.

She replies, well the Latino,..er,.LatinX students are poor and parents are working too much.

Ok fine. So she understands that family involvement is a Boon, otherwise why make the excuse?

But she doesn't look at that as the issue. She bumps back up to "They're rich".

Sorry, you don't fix rich. They don't need help.

What can we do to help the ones , Help Themselves, who need it? That can sustain itself over generations with daresay, a "Culture" of education.

Can we even have a discussion about family and upbringing playing a factor and what is conducive to the betterment of a child?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies