Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 07:48 PM

7,989 posts, read 3,522,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I don’t get how this can be just about young men. Statistically there are more women than men, so for every lonely, sexless male there has to be a lonely, sexless female. I get that in modern society it can be hard to meet others, but again it cuts both ways. You are concerned that “Isolated men with no access to sex, affection, or intimacy, become apathetic, nihilistic, disruptive.... and destructive.” So what do isolated women with no access to sex, affection or intimacy do?
No, for every 10 lonely sexless men there is 1 man who has slept with 100 women.

Old 04-30-2022, 07:51 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,982,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Philosopher View Post
I think there are probably a lot of factors contributing to this phenomenon. Maybe people in general just want to be alone more because we are living in a society with so many crude, unlikable people and technology just offers a better alternative to being constantly insulted by other people who you don't even like that much in the first place. Showing that you care about someone and showing affection in any way is seen as weak and effeminate by our society now for some reason. I mean just turn on the radio there are more songs about murdering someone in cold blood than there are about falling in love. So if another person doesn't feel that you care about them at all why would they want to even be a friend or a lover. Also, Americans are probably about as unattractive now than at any point in history. With all of the obesity, transgenderism, old people, tattoos, piercings, beards, colored hair, women with butch haircuts, women with hairy armpits, and people with weird medical conditions that most people never even heard of 30 years ago, it's a wonder anybody is having sex. I don't see this changing anytime soon because women are just going to get more and more gross because taking care of your appearance is considered oppression now by feminists and also sex dolls are getting cheaper and more sophisticated.
That is a very strange world you live in.

Old 04-30-2022, 07:56 PM

9,401 posts, read 14,350,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Yeah, I've hypothesized the same thing. Problem is, we can't just force women at gunpoint back into the kitchen. So what do we do?
Disease, war, massive culling of the population, with pockets subsisting in fragmented pre-industrial economies having to start all over again, while a few elites live in technological palaces managed by computers and robots.

Old 04-30-2022, 07:57 PM

9,381 posts, read 7,006,307 times
Forget twitter I was hoping musk would finally bring to sex robots to market. Once we have those men will no longer be a slave to their reproductive organs.

Old 04-30-2022, 08:09 PM

4,964 posts, read 2,250,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post

I want to end this post by asking: what will be the mid to long-term consequences of all this? I cannot say in any detail, but I believe we are heading for an extremely destabilized future. Isolated men with no access to sex, affection, or intimacy, become apathetic, nihilistic, disruptive.... and destructive.
The civilized world has been mostly quiet since the Vietnam War. There are multiple generations that have not been exposed to true hardship, including mine and I am 51. First-world nations have run a few drills bullying smaller nations, i.e., Iraq, but we've had it far too easy as a whole, even during COVID.

That day will come to an end, probably sooner than most of us think.

Old 04-30-2022, 08:29 PM

13,660 posts, read 4,969,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
No, for every 10 lonely sexless men there is 1 man who has slept with 100 women.
So this whole thread is about who can have anonymous, promiscuous sex? Well, if they are that shallow, they deserve whatever they get. I thought the OP was about lonely guys, but now it seems your saying they’re not lonely, they’re just horny.

Seriously, call me old fashioned, but I think most people would still rather be in a relationship, and enjoy sex as part of a monogamous relationship. And I believe that to be true for women at least as much as for men. Difficulty in finding the right partner affects both genders equally.

Old 04-30-2022, 08:36 PM

78,642 posts, read 60,823,449 times
The only thing I know for sure....is that somehow, this is the fault of men.

Old 04-30-2022, 08:53 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,155,730 times
People will make the wrong assumptions about me for this, but if you're younger, tired of the insanity of the modern/mainstream dating scene, are genuinely tolerant/open-minded and are willing to invest some time for a solid return, find a church that isn't 'woke' and start making friends there.

Old 04-30-2022, 09:02 PM

13,660 posts, read 4,969,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
People will make the wrong assumptions about me for this, but if you're younger, tired of the insanity of the modern/mainstream dating scene, are genuinely tolerant/open-minded and are willing to invest some time for a solid return, find a church that isn't 'woke' and start making friends there.
Excellent suggestion. Or join some other group, like a book club or hiking group. In fact, I can attest to this: I have joined several hiking meetups and they are dominated by single and divorced women.

Anyone going to a bar to “pick up chicks” is not interested in a relationship.

Old 04-30-2022, 10:10 PM

32,140 posts, read 15,132,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
How are churches woke?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies