Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2022, 11:09 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,513,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
I mean...wife or not, it's pretty rude to just go straight for the crotch. There's this concept called "foreplay" someone might introduce him to.

Not to mention that she has trauma in her history, being startled in bed by someone grabbing at her privates could be really triggering.
From what I read, he rubbed her breasts and butt first, and she seemed ok with that. That's when he decided to take it "further".... but of course, she wasn't having any of it.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:14 PM

2,246 posts, read 2,422,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
No, it's not fixable and it's not going to get better. I have been getting worse. I have multiple problems and I am unlikely to see 50. I am actually surprised that I am still alive. I have nearly died several times. I am not even allowed pain meds thanks to the drug junkies and the government.

Around here that is what is available. The decent men are all unavailable.

I never got to have milestones when I was young like most girls. I was raped when I was a child and married off to the thing because of Bible scripture that if a man forced himself on an unbetrothed virgin that he was to marry her. I never chose to be with him. I had my future stolen. Then I got to live my adult life being constantly falsely accused of choosing this. I wasn't allowed to have a choice.

Part of me looks forward to dying. It will be nice to escape this body. But I know that God never had anything good for me so I will not like where I end up.
This is very sad... I'm sorry..

Old 05-01-2022, 11:18 PM

798 posts, read 507,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
This is a topic that is considered highly 'taboo,' so it is hardly ever discussed. However, I'm thinking that this issue is growing so large that it will soon become impossible to ignore. I'm referencing the "new normal" of perpetual loneliness/sexlessness/lack of intimacy among the men of today, especially young men under the age of 30.

The modern world with its abundance of cold technology breeds atomization, which breeds isolation, which breeds a lack of sex, societal interaction, and intimacy among the masses, particularly among young men. Things were already very bad prior to 2020, but the pandemic seems to have accelerated this process greatly. Covid plunged millions of men into desperate loneliness and sexlessness, leading to record levels of what the kids these days call "simping," as well as the explosion of virtual masturbation and virtual intimacy sites such as OnlyScams and others.

I'm seeing increasing evidence that loneliness and sexlessness is becoming the "new normal" for men, and this new generation of young men have it the worst. It's not just fat, repulsive neckbeards who are ending up alone, unsexed, and unloved. Many of these guys are well adjusted, fit, decent looking, financially stable, etc yet can't get so much as a hug or a kiss on the cheek (without paying a hooker, that is). I'm seeing study after study, survey after survey, showing that people are increasingly isolated, sexless, and without a partner.

I'm seeing an increasing number of guys online complaining about not having been on a date for several years, or swiping right on these dating apps and ending up with absolutely nothing, etc. I went to a nightclub with some colleagues for the first time since the Great Lockdown a few weeks ago, and it's astounding just how bad things have gotten in that short amount of time. None of the females seemed to care whatsoever about any of the males there. The guys were little more than barely visible props to them. What the hell is going on?

In many ways, Japan seems to be "ahead of the curve." They started massive "QE" and debt monetization two decades before the US and the EU did. And they're also leading the way in sexlessness and loneliness. The US is basically becoming Japan in many respects. The social phenomenon discussed in this post is already happening in full force over there.

In the near-term future, I see virtual reality being the closest thing many, if not the majority, of young men have to intimacy with a female. "Simping" will only grow more aggressive, the parasite known as OnlyScams will grow ever larger to suck the monetary lifeblood out of these desperate males. Men will be paying through the nose for any semblance of intimacy with a woman, no matter how virtual and illusory. Utterly dystopic.

I want to end this post by asking: what will be the mid to long-term consequences of all this? I cannot say in any detail, but I believe we are heading for an extremely destabilized future. Isolated men with no access to sex, affection, or intimacy, become apathetic, nihilistic, disruptive.... and destructive.
I see men finding women just like they did as cavemen.

I just invited a man to my home tonight and we enjoyed each others company. He likes me I like him.
He had to go because his kid had a seizure, mom called...
Anyways,
Sex is a terrible thing to waste

Old 05-01-2022, 11:31 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,900,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
From what I read, he rubbed her breasts and butt first, and she seemed ok with that. That's when he decided to take it "further".... but of course, she wasn't having any of it.
Again, this is what I mean when I say if men want sex so badly they should attempt to learn a few basic social skills. Groping the boobs and butt, wife or not, is not step one of turning her on. Typically women's bodies don't go directly from "park" to fourth gear. I can't believe that this is even necessary to explain.

And yet somehow THIS GUY is married. That really should give hope to all y'all lonely dudes out there. Figure out how someone with this complete absence of game or empathy managed to find a wife and Bob's your uncle.

Old 05-02-2022, 12:05 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,962,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
People will make the wrong assumptions about me for this, but if you're younger, tired of the insanity of the modern/mainstream dating scene, are genuinely tolerant/open-minded and are willing to invest some time for a solid return, find a church that isn't 'woke' and start making friends there.
Not a bad idea. I did this when I was younger. I didn't believe a word of the lies coming out of the pastor's mouth, and went only for social reasons. Well, let me say, those girls were freaks once out of the church. They played the part of the obedient little church girls well. Their parents had no friggin' clue what they're daughters were really like

Old 05-02-2022, 12:40 AM

24,863 posts, read 9,618,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Good grief, Rocko20, seriously, you're so utterly wrong about what women really want that it's just all out pitiful.
Spoken like a person who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Unlike you, I've actually traveled the world, so yes I do have a good idea of what a lot women really want. And it all comes down to one thing: financial security

If you don't have it, you better be tall, funny, handsome, and fit. If you do have it, you could be bald, fat, short, ugly, and still have plenty of women. It also depends on what country you live in. A fat ugly old broke man could have a good time in Brazil, Thailand Colombia, while struggling to date even 1 woman in Western Europe or America.

Life is about taking lemons and making lemonade, a passport if your lemonade. Being lonely and single is a choice, America has the most powerful passport on the planet.

Stop whining and start booking some flights.

Old 05-02-2022, 12:40 AM

33,364 posts, read 12,671,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Not a bad idea. I did this when I was younger. I didn't believe a word of the lies coming out of the pastor's mouth, and went only for social reasons. Well, let me say, those girls were freaks once out of the church. They played the part of the obedient little church girls well. Their parents had no friggin' clue what they're daughters were really like
One of my best friends in high school….one of his first girlfriends was a really bad Mormon .

Old 05-02-2022, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
After young Norwegian, Swedish and German blondes, I wouldn’t settle for anything else.
I don't disagree. But you better be ready to provide for them. The blonde Norwegian I once dated had a very expensive taste and I got tired of spending the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Blakeley View Post
As a long time expat American male I must somewhat disagree with this claim , since it really isn't as if simply moving and/or spending time abroad will result in you having an easier time on the dating market.
It depends on the country and city. Living in a rural part of Germany is different than living in an urban part of Berlin. Living in an rural part of Poland is different than living in an urban part of Tokyo.

But the fact is that your odds still greatly increase abroad simply by being an American, because the notion that "westerners who live overseas must be doing well" is still prevalent.

I'm in Germany right now, do you think I could just swipe on bumble, go on a hot date, and hook up this week with some local? No. Do you think if I took a quick flight to Madrid, Barcelona, Budapest, Amsterdam, or Dubai I could do it? Yes.

Old 05-02-2022, 01:08 AM

34,289 posts, read 19,444,651 times
Quote:
No, it's not fixable and it's not going to get better. I have been getting worse. I have multiple problems and I am unlikely to see 50. I am actually surprised that I am still alive. I have nearly died several times. I am not even allowed pain meds thanks to the drug junkies and the government.

Around here that is what is available. The decent men are all unavailable.

I never got to have milestones when I was young like most girls. I was raped when I was a child and married off to the thing because of Bible scripture that if a man forced himself on an unbetrothed virgin that he was to marry her. I never chose to be with him. I had my future stolen. Then I got to live my adult life being constantly falsely accused of choosing this. I wasn't allowed to have a choice.

Part of me looks forward to dying. It will be nice to escape this body. But I know that God never had anything good for me so I will not like where I end up.
LOL. do you live in Kentucky or something? move somewhere with different people, or find way to meet different people. Yeah health problems can make that harder. Ive got stage 4 cancer, and its certainly slowed down my dating some, but its not a deal breaker for everyone so im sure you can manage. And dying sucks. Because after it you don't get to make any decisions. Or see anything new.

Anyways the topic. Virtual reality gets brought up, and that's a hit and miss. Oddly Ive seen my teen meet other local teens and chat with them in VR, and also meet in real life. But also meeting a larger variety of people as well. I dunno if it will make things different. But I also remember people telling me I was not going to grow up OK because I spent too much time reading books. Yeah. I was 4 years old when picasso died. Im that old. Then computers. and the atari 2600 at home for peers. video games were going to destroy us all. Same argument as the OP. Yeah no.

Were still a LONG LONG way from meeting some pretty basic needs this way, so I assure ya, we're all gonna keep meeting in person.

Old 05-02-2022, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
No, for every 10 lonely sexless men there is 1 man who has slept with 100 women.
Most highly in demand men have not slept with 100 women, even the ones that can (millionaires, celebrities), can easily find 1 woman who is worth 100 women. Example, Jeff Bezos girlfriend was rich and successful before she even met him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Telling a forever single man to improve his grooming and manners to attract women is like telling a homeless guy to get a job at McDonalds.
There is nothing that can make a short, fat, bald, unfunny, ugly, man attractive other than moving or visiting a country/location that doesn't care about a short, fat, bald, ugly man because he's a foreigner who, by local standards, has financial security or the ability to provide western citizenship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
In my estimation a "relationship" is basically a form of mutual slavery. Especially with current state of our value system and priorities as a society.
No, I would say it's more of a transaction.

You're getting something and she's getting something. I'll let everyone guess what those things are.

And when either party is tired of the transaction, the relationship ends.
Quote:
Lack of effort? Can't make someone date you.

In my case I had guys interested in me when I was younger and after I finally escaped the thing. They would see my biracial daughter and disappear.

I have made a lot of effort and got nothing in return. Making effort doesn't mean you will succeed.
You're still not making effort, have you tried looking abroad for a partner? I'm sure plenty of men from the Caribbean would love to have you, as you stated black men are interested.

I'm 5'10," there's no amount of effort that's going to make me 6'4", or a comedian, or Jeff Bezos, and I've been rejected or ghosted plenty of times for not being "tall enough or funny enough." But I've also dated and met plenty of great women because I don't restrict myself to local, state, or national partners.

Last edited by Rocko20; 05-02-2022 at 01:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.