Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 10:25 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
As I said, abortion is a motivating force behind women's votes whether they are for or against access. Abortion gets women to the polls.
so we can expect an increase in pro-life women at the polls in november?

Old 05-04-2022, 10:26 AM

18,720 posts, read 7,601,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Conservatives (and normal people everywhere) want to prevent people from murdering each other, whether they are 30 years old, 3 years old, or 6 months in the womb. Even if they don't have a direct connection to the human being murdered.

The only odd thing, is where abortion advocates pretends the human being murdered, is somehow not a person. Democrats have a long history of this. Dating back to at least antebellum days where they declared that black people weren't "people", they were only "property", and you could own them and do what you want with them, like owning a mule or a chair etc. You can beat them, lock them up... and even murder them. They aren't "people", remember.

Some things change very slowly among Democrats trying to justify abhorrent behavior against others, rather than treat them as the people they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes you want the states to limit a womans choice.
Yes I want to limit EVERYONE'S choice - men, women, and confused Californians. They are not allowed to commit murder. Murder of old people, young people, newborns, and babies still in the womb.

All those acts are crimes.

How can anybody see them any differently?

Old 05-04-2022, 10:27 AM

10,449 posts, read 4,034,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I was probably voting straight ticket R for the first time ever this Nov, now I vote D in everything but local school board. Forcing a 13 year old rape victim to give birth to their rapist offspring is barbaric.
Thing is, all rape victims are given the morning after pill as a precaution, so this little charade of yours isn't going to matter much.

3,048 posts, read 1,150,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so we can expect an increase in pro-life women at the polls in november?
Maybe or maybe not. We'll have to wait and see.

4,505 posts, read 1,861,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Without the “religious nuts” your party would be a permanent minority.
Having a two party system in the county is awful. I wish there were better options.

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
That's what gets me. Folks talk about this like it is some inconsequential decision. I rarely if ever hear abortionists even mention the life that is being snuffed out.
Because they have to deceive themselves into viewing a developing human fetus as nothing but a tumor, until the baby takes its first breath. Even then, some on the extreme are still okay with killing the baby after birth, as long as mommy still wants it dead.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:28 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,800,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
Seriously???? Companies care about their bottom line firstly, there is a reason they are leaving high tax states like California for low tax and less regulated red states. I highly doubt these companies are going to take it in the chin financially because peopkk on e can’t practice responsibly in the bedroom.
Some companies in response to draconian abortion laws are adding paid time/travel/expenses for women who have to go out of state. I’m sure Texass et al will try and pass laws to stop them from doing this, but as long as the company is self insured, too bad so sad they have no standing. Amazon, CitiBank and Salesforce have already announced plans to provide this for employees in affected States.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:29 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Idiot logic.

Doesn't apply to pregnancy for multiple reasons. Which you won't understand, so no point in listing them.
Bodily autonomy doesn't apply to pregnancy how?

Why should a corpse have more right to how their body is use than a living breathing woman?

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Yes I want to limit EVERYONE'S choice - men, women, and confused Californians. They are not allowed to commit murder. Murder of old people, young people, newborns, and babies still in the womb.

All those acts are crimes.

How can anybody see them any differently?
easy. they convince themselves that the bolded are 'parasites' or 'clumps of cells.'

10,438 posts, read 6,969,439 times
Abortion supporters are an empty husk. The overweight purple haired women, and pasty thin white boys, will throw demonic tantrums, however most people don't have a horse in the race with it. People of faith will continue to pray, and quietly peacefully protest it.

Either way, abortion will exist somewhere, its not an end all. Midterms are 6 months away, alot of things are going to happen between then and now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies