Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 10:38 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
That's a scary statistic. I hope when states ban abortion those numbers will drop significantly.
It's scary to you. Others don't see it that way, and they vote, too.

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Just wondering how many abortions were caused by women realizing the guy isn't fit to be a father. Sure, he's fine to play with and all but.... That's gotta leave a mark.
Casual sex, it's no longer just a guy thing. There's probably a good number of women who barely even know the name of the guy they're having sex with let alone knowing if they'd be a good father or not.

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
exactly.

president houseplant's stellar record will not get them to the polls. mass hysteria and deMSM-hyped outrage might.
I heard that term used for Biden from Ben Shapiro. I think he coined it.

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I am speaking only of not wanting a child. Not the health of the mother or the baby. I can understand we all make mistakes or use contraception that doesn’t work. But after having an unwanted pregnancy and having an abortion....isn’t after that the time to be extra careful? No your cycle and when is the safest time, use birth control and condoms if needed. I can understand we all get caught up and don’t always stop to think of these things but more than one abortion (unless it’s for health reasons) is irresponsible.
Liberalism is a death/suicide cult.

Abortion is a cornerstone of their core beliefs, so it is an assault upon the foundations of liberalism. Just like when you criticize crime, open borders, pedophilia, and global warming- it is very personal for a lib.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:39 AM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
We are not on a level playing field with the democrats. Their media is beyond powerful and it heavily influences the thoughts and actions of the majority of people in this country.

This is not a fair fight.

Our country is at the lowest point in its history and is being systematically destroyed by evil and ignorant people. Avoiding WW3, inflation, immigration, fraudulent use of taxpayer dollars, crime…. these are the serious risks that have a direct impact on the quality of life of law abiding, productive Americans. These are the things that a republican controlled government is desperately needed for, before it’s too late.

But now, the media will successfully convince the majority of Americans that the Republican Party is waging war on women. It will be highly effective and the last chance to save this country is gone……

All because some people don’t like abortion.

Hope it was worth it.
The Democrats have their machine and media. It is what it is. You want to surrender the fight knowing well the 1973 law was madness and this is a 50 year old issue that finally it's in the S.C. and 5 (maybe 6) judges who are not religious fanatics and know the constitution will finally fix a bad law. What do you want to do, punt the ball and never bring it up?

You are a defeatist. The media is at a all time low in approval. Meaning the majority of Americans don't trust them so they can try. If you think the law is madness and a bad one you would support the S.C. If you think is a good law and not important to deal with then it explains your posts.

You obviously like abortions on demand and pushing it on everybody or don't care for a bad law for 50 years. It's worth it for many babies that a % will be saved and born. That to me and for many people is worth more than your personal feelings of getting along with Democrats and not getting called a nut.

If people are stupid enough to make this the #1 issue on election over food, WW 3 , Crime, gas or making a living and let discredited hacks in the media tell them how to vote then let them sleep in their own bed and We have a more serious problem of misinformation.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:39 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What does an abortion do?

Until you answer that question honestly, you will continue to bang the drum of idiot arguments.
Ends a pregnancy.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:40 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I think you discount just how important it is to women, regardless of their position in the conflict, because it apparently doesn't matter to you. That is folly. As to the bolded, keep in mind that an unwanted pregnancy has a huge effect on whether or not a household can meet its needs.
I'm a woman, and abortion is the last thing on my mind. But then again, I like kids and would love to have one, but never had the opportunity.

My right to own land, defend myself against dangerous people, grow my own food and be self independent is far more important to me than abortion. My right to own a gun and have it on handy is a good way to make sure I never get raped. Most democrats want to take that right away from me.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:40 AM

29,531 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Will you still laugh if they undo your Social Security Retirement Income, such as lower the amount you get each month. Especially if you haven't retired yet.
Who can retire on Social Security? Definitely not me. Plus I only put in 40 quarters in so I won't be getting Social Security. I'm in TRS (teacher retirement system) and have invested quite well in a diversified portfolio for the last 22 years. That's what I will be living off. My pension and my 401k/403b

Old 05-04-2022, 10:41 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
<snip>If people are stupid enough to make this the #1 issue on election over food, WW 3 , Crime, gas or making a living and let discredited hacks in the media tell them how to vote then let them sleep in their own bed and We have a more serious problem of misinformation.
You keep discounting the effect unwanted children have on a household's ability to provide for itself. Why is that?

Old 05-04-2022, 10:42 AM

5,983 posts, read 2,236,544 times
In the US we usually do both at the same time, for instance, drug use. Personal responsibility is the process that law enforcement handles while rehab is there as a treatment for drug use. So we assign personal responsibility but also understand that there is a medical aspect to drug use as well.

For abortion, the question becomes, is rape leading to pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy, unviable fetus, serious congenital disease in the fetus, personal responsibility or medical issues? This is the question states will need to answer now, do you allow for medical issues or place ALL abortions under personal responsibilities.

It looks like some states will have a carve-out but some may not which may cause a loss of two lives in some cases (Fetus and Mother).

Lastly, if a 14-year-old is pregnant how much personal responsibility do we assign to the 14-year-old provided by law they are not adults and scientifically are not mature enough to care for said child? What if it is a homeless 14-year-old, what if it is a Foster care kid, what if they are autistic, what if they have a mental disorder?

How do you put carve-outs in legislation for these groups and balance personal responsibility, or do you provide carveouts at all and burden the state with the care of the child?

Lots of questions for states to answer. We are in the experiment phase of this, well we will be once the decision is "Offical".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies