Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 10:33 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,165,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
but you said the topic of abortion drives both pro- and anti- women to the polls
I did, and nothing I've written since then contradicts my statement. I have no idea what the specific outcome of the election will be, but I do know that abortion will push women to the polls.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:33 AM

38,575 posts, read 22,446,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Yes I want to limit EVERYONE'S choice - men, women, and confused Californians. They are not allowed to commit murder. Murder of old people, young people, newborns, and babies still in the womb.

All those acts are crimes.

How can anybody see them any differently?
Depends on where people draw the line. Some on the extreme see life in the hour after having sex, so they want to ban the common abortion pills, or morning after pill.

Most everyone has a different view on when a woman is simply preventing a pregnancy from taking place, and when she would be ending the life of a baby, which if left unmolested would be guaranteed to go full term.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:34 AM

10,652 posts, read 4,153,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I don't understand why leaking now vs having the opinion published at the end of May or June would help. People have very short attention spans, leaking this earlier only means that it will be pushed out of the spotlight way before mid terms.

Honestly this could have been leaked to gauge the reaction before the final order is released so that it could be tweaked. I could be wrong, but so could you. No one knows at this moment who released it or what their motivation was.
Yep. By that time, we could have a massive hurricane slam the southern states, another school shooting or another war break out. Heck, the news right now in my area has already moved passed this and onto Dave Chapele.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:34 AM

10,701 posts, read 7,211,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
One in four women in the United States will have an abortion at some point in her life. That's not an insignificant number.
That's a scary statistic. I hope when states ban abortion those numbers will drop significantly.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:35 AM

38,575 posts, read 22,446,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Honestly I'm conflicted about the whole thing myself. I support abortion rights up to a point. Mental or physical abnormality, fine, at any time. Mother's life in actual danger, sure, any time. After 8 months, whey you're carrying a baby, and you decide then that it's not convenient to carry that life for another month? Not so much. First days, when you have an undifferentiated mass of cells, yes. But still, I don't delude myself, abortion IS KILLING TINY HUMANS. Consolidating that with my leanings of personal liberty as a libertarian...cognitive dissidence. But I won't deny the science. This is a tiny human we're talking about, not a dog, a cat, a bald eagle (which gets far more protection than tiny humans), not a parasite.
When the pregnancy goes into the third trimester, why kill the baby thru an abortion, if a c-section would bring it out alive and allow it to live?

Old 05-04-2022, 10:36 AM

21,380 posts, read 8,007,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Bodily autonomy doesn't apply to pregnancy how?

Why should a corpse have more right to how their body is use than a living breathing woman?
What does an abortion do?

Until you answer that question honestly, you will continue to bang the drum of idiot arguments.

9,434 posts, read 4,290,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Religious nuts? Nobody in the S.C. is a religious nut. This is about the constitution. With Republicans like you no wonder you already feel defeated and let the left control the narrative before it even starts . This was taken to the S.C. and that's why Republicans put 3 constitutional judges that are NOT religious nuts to overturn the madness of 1973. It has been close to 50 years and your response is it's the"wrong" time to bring it up? When it's a good time for you as a Republican? anytime the Democrats will politicized it and the media especially on election year. So it's the midterms or the general, when it's a good time for you so you get along with Democrats and they don't call you a religious nut?

This has been going on for 5 decades and it was brought to the S.C. now, you want them to punt the ball so Democrats don't say bad things about you or go hostile? Some people have NO spine or fight.
So no one is South Carolina is strongly religious?
https://www.pewresearch.org/religion...ndscape-study/
I’ve certainly met more than my fair share of religious nuts from there. Just sayin!
Plenty of religious nuts hail from that great state.
Quite a few large evangelical congregations with charismatic leaders. Yup, they are nuts. I’m calling it. Crazy nut jobs.
Maybe your just used to it and it feels normal to you.

2,042 posts, read 1,996,213 times
I find it laughable how these Dems say if Roe V Wade is overturned it will cost the GOP in the midterms. There are MANY more voters that are putting the economic downturn of this squarely on the Democratic Party and this impacts the entire voting base of this country.

Nobody is happy paying 8% inflation rate, record high fuel prices and having their kids groomed in schools on left/Marxist ideology. That is too much negativity for a party to overcome and R v W being overturned effects a smaller subset of voters than the previous issues I just outlined.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:37 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,165,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRider View Post
The leak has provided a bigger scenario for the Libs prior to the Midterms & 2024 than just the Roe v Wade issue.

The Liberal media is currently using it as a "We told you so!" moment. They're saying "This is why we can't let Republicans win. Appointing conservative Judges is part of their overall plan to rip away all the rights we're enjoying now. Gay marriage laws, LGBTQ rights, voting rights, etc."

Try to catch some of the Liberal discussions on TV that will continue throughout the day today. And tomorrow. And the next day.
It's no surprise that the media is filled with people decrying the decision (if it holds), but it serves conservatives, too, in that progressive state legislatures will have time to put protections for abortion in place before the election, which will take some of the sting out of the decision. I don't think it's safe to assume that the leak was simply a Democratic plot to rile the base. The fact is that we're all being manipulated by the current hysteria, Republicans and Democrats alike.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:38 AM

4,540 posts, read 1,890,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
So no one is South Carolina is strongly religious?
https://www.pewresearch.org/religion...ndscape-study/
I’ve certainly met more than my fair share of religious nuts from there. Just sayin!
Plenty of religious nuts hail from that great state.
Quite a few large evangelical congregations with charismatic leaders. Yup, they are nuts. I’m calling it. Crazy but jobs.
Maybe your just used to it and it feels normal to you.
sc=supreme court lol.

And no the justices aren’t religious nuts.

The people that pushed this issue to the sc are the religious nuts and it will be their fault when republicans lose this fall.

Our country is finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies