Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 09:51 AM

19,833 posts, read 9,398,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
This will be turned into a powerful weapon against republicans by democrats and their media….far worse than the insurrection hoax.

As a republican, I am in a absolute rage over this. We were all but guaranteed to regain control and stop the insanity this fall and impeach/remove the biden regime next year.

That’s all been pissed away now because of the religious nuts in our party. Unbelievable.
Well said. I couldn't agree more.

21,382 posts, read 7,962,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
And yet it's the liberals who think women should be free to make decisions about their own bodies, such as whether to have an abortion.
What the other poster said, ha.

89,083 posts, read 44,917,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
A married couple who already have children they’re trying to support and barely able to do so becoming pregnant again can make them go from middle class to poverty to homeless. You don’t care about their circumstances and have zero sympathy for them?
95% of unintended pregnancies are due to VOLUNTARY participation in unprotected sex. The overwhelming odds are that they weren't using birth control. Why not? Because callously killing a child in utero IS their birth control?

15,879 posts, read 6,346,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by all of that.
Just wondering how many abortions were caused by women realizing the guy isn't fit to be a father. Sure, he's fine to play with and all but.... That's gotta leave a mark.

Old 05-04-2022, 09:52 AM

3,085 posts, read 1,553,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Usually the man's fault. As if women are incapable of making their own decisions. Liberals have a very low opinion of women.
and the right doesnt believe men should be responsible at all!

Old 05-04-2022, 09:52 AM

13,495 posts, read 4,313,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It's going to be an interesting mid-terms. The Democrats are running the country into the ground at a rate never seen before in our history. However, SCOTUS is going to galvanize the left to come out and vote. I don't think Roe will be the only conservative victory they hand down. I expect them to greatly expand 2nd Amendment rights in the case against New York's "justifiable need" requirement. Also, hopefully, they will take a bite out of affirmative action.

This is a 2 sided coin. The right is already galvanize and they don't vote on 1 issue. You have inflation, high gas prices and a long list of things they are not happy under the Democrat leadership.

It's wishful thinking that this issue that isn't banning abortions at all is going to overtake the economy and save the Democrats. Abortion is not top 5 list of our problems. Democrats will try making it to be but the economy is always the #1 issue.

There is nothing in the federal constitution that prohibits the states to regulate or legalize abortions. It was a horrible decision in 1973 and I hope they fix it. The states by legislation and the Democratic process should debate, vote and decide how each shall regulate this or Congress by debate and vote decide what the federal laws should be and even put it in the constitution if they want but it has to be done by a democrat process not 9 judges making law from the bench.

Old 05-04-2022, 09:53 AM

6,082 posts, read 2,866,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
and the right doesnt believe men should be responsible at all!
Is that why Governor DeSantis signed a bill to address the fatherhood Crisis? The Right believes men and fathers need to be MORE involved with their children.

Old 05-04-2022, 09:54 AM

78,523 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Okay, I get it. Since there is no Trump to get out of office, which brought record turn outs, they have this issue to rally the troops.
Both sides can and will use this topic to "rally the troops".

Old 05-04-2022, 09:55 AM

17,687 posts, read 6,947,274 times
Default Democrats Skeptical SCOTUS Will Save Them in November

Quote:
In the 23 hours after POLITICO reported a draft Supreme Court opinion that would overturn Roe v. Wade, ActBlue took in just $9 million — just a small uptick from the days prior.

The modest totals this week, based on a POLITICO analysis of the ActBlue donation tracker, are an early sign that Democrats can’t count on abortion to single-handedly turn around a midterm cycle that’s already trending badly for them. Interviews with more than a dozen Democratic pollsters and strategists Tuesday detailed a scramble within the party to parse how the seismic disclosure might affect base enthusiasm and reshape messaging ahead of the midterms — now that a theoretical threat has become real…

“Midterm voters care about affordability first and foremost, and they are not people who are worried every single day about losing access to abortion,” said Julie Roginsky, a Democratic strategist who began her career as a researcher at the abortion rights group EMILY’s List. “My fear continues to be that sometimes we as Democrats run on things that we wish the voters cared about, rather than what the voters do care about.”
Link: https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...terms-00029810

I'm skeptical as well.

I believe Americans care about inflation, illegal immigration, the economy, education, and many other issues *far more* than they do about making sure as many unborn babies are killed as possible.

Old 05-04-2022, 09:55 AM

8,638 posts, read 10,169,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Just wondering how many abortions were caused by women realizing the guy isn't fit to be a father. Sure, he's fine to play with and all but.... That's gotta leave a mark.
I thought the left supported single mothers and women didn't need men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies