Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 08:49 AM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times

Advertisements

Wishful thinking on the libs’ part. The militant abortionists were always going to turn out for the Marxists. Most people don’t give a crap about abortion. We can avoid unwanted pregnancies by acting responsibly, not killing babies.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:50 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Per title - as if that "leak" happened for any other reason?

If people couldn't see this as a November hail mary play from 5 miles away, then they are effing blind to political reality.

It's a wag-the-dog false flag wedge issue designed specifically to salvage what by all accounts will be a really awful midterm election for the Democrats.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Legally speaking, YES, a fetus IS a real and separate life...(the fetal homicide laws) and also the fact that if someone kills a pregnant woman, there are 2 counts of murder imposed, (a murder charge can ONLY be imposed when a real life is taken), it cannot be both or either or, a fetus is or isnt a life, and legally, since they can and do impose murder charges over a fetus, it is a real and separate life.
Well, you say that, except that's exactly what the law is doing. Declaring it homicide if the mother wants the baby, declaring aborting it legal if the mother doesn't want the baby.

By law, it IS both.

9,504 posts, read 4,339,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I can't imagine how you can say that, when Roe sued for the right to an abortion, and won. Although of course, by that time, her pregnancy had been over for quite some time.

Until that supreme court ruling, abortion on demand in the US was illegal.
10th Amendment. Abortion is a state issue.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:51 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,226,594 times
The SC is not banning abortion, they are only saying that it has no space in the Constitution for it which means it will be handed back to the States and the People of each state will be able to vote if they want abortion or not.

Leave it to the Dems to stir up the Fear and Anger about this.

Personally I believe that it is a Woman Right to choose so I will vote yes when it comes up in my state.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:51 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
10th Amendment. Abortion is a state issue.
Roe V Wade made it legal for women to obtain abortions on demand in the US, where they hadn't been able to in the past.

I don't know why we're even arguing this. Whether it was correct legally, as far as a states rights issue, the fact is that Roe V Wade cleared the path for legit doctors to legally abort unwanted fetuses in the US.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:52 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Don't expect liberals to be responsible. Their problems are never their fault; they're always someone else's fault.
Usually the man's fault. As if women are incapable of making their own decisions. Liberals have a very low opinion of women.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:53 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Sometimes you have to get out of your own bubble to see how others are affected. Yes, we all inhabit our own bubbles, living and working amongst people similar to ourselves. Less fortunate people can have their lives devastated by an unplanned pregnancy.
I don’t live life in a bubble and have quite a broad perspective. I sometimes wonder if the people speaking for the less fortunate actually know many who are less fortunate. I hear a lot of things that sound very stereotypical and lacking in nuance and even paternalistic.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:53 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Lol...so you will be voting for the party that labels women "birthing people" and supports men competing against women in sports ? Interesting.
It is fascinating that the same people that used to preach to us that they were the champions of women, is now tossing women under the bus. Lesbians are now TERFs, young women in sports are losing their scholarships and having their hard won accomplishments in sports erased by biological men, who have taken over their sport.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:54 AM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It won't affect the mid terms whatsoever regardless of the outcome. Democrats will still be Democrats and Republicans will still be Republican voters. There are far more pressing issues in this country than the abortion one.
Exactly. This is more fear orchestrated by the Marxists to distract attention from the many obvious failures of the Democrats and the Biden regime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies