Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 01:41 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
suspended disbelief has nothing to do with your ludicrous analogy falling flat on its face due to lack of logic or scientific merit.

the law already tells us we can't legally commit suicide, so there's that.

it's even more interesting how you've managed to convince yourself that such drugs are on a fast-track to being illegal, despite nary a shred of evidence.
They are trying hard to ban this drug in Texas and other states

https://www.axios.com/local/austin/2...abortion-pills

Old 05-03-2022, 01:42 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
This issue will have surprisingly little impact on mid-terms. GOP already has 100% of the evangelical (pro-life) vote and radical left already has the liberal, pro-choice vote.

The moderates will vote with their wallets, including pro-choice fiscal conservatives and moderate dems and independents.
And besides, if this ruling overturned R v W, then it goes back to the states, and the US Congress and President have no say in the matter

Old 05-03-2022, 01:42 PM

494 posts, read 180,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Your question was that masturbation could be outlawed, that is not a serious question.
I can tell from your responses to my questions as well as other people's questions you don't answer anything or you just don't read and comprehend what is being said or asked so just pass on by anything I write on this forum please.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:44 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Collins Suggests Gorsuch, Kavanaugh Misled Senate on Roe

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...22e5ed9eb865cf
Collins Claims Kavanaugh and Gorsuch Misled Her. She’s Wrong

Old 05-03-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I saw it. That's why I wouldn't be opposed to laws limiting abortion to as little as the 12th week.
I think most Americans would agree. There is almost no support for allowing a healthy mother to abort her healthy baby after the 12th week

Old 05-03-2022, 01:46 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
I can tell from your responses to my questions as well as other people's questions you don't answer anything or you just don't read and comprehend what is being said or asked so just pass on by anything I write on this forum please.
you certainly didn't answer any of the several questions you received regarding how you would derive a living being from sperm alone.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
If a state decides to outlaw abortion, or severely restrict it time wise, why would they allow an abortion pill to be sold in their state? Logically speaking, if abortion is banned, wouldn't an abortion pill be banned as well?
The morning after pill?

Old 05-03-2022, 01:48 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,247,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Companies base decisions strictly on profit. Where can I locate to maximize it.

PS: Red states , year in, year out, disproportionately outpace blue states in GDP growth.
They locate where they can make money but they have to be able to find competent workers...if workers don't want to locate in states that ban abortion, they may decide to relocate to more friendly states.

30,182 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
States ban certain types of firearms. They can likewise ban certain types of abortions, like the 98.3% that are performed solely for the sake of convenience.
Again. What would prevent a state from banning all abortions if R v W is overturned? You cannot compare that to firearms which are protected by the 2nd amendment. Abortion has no such protection in the constitution.

2,919 posts, read 3,189,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
If Roe v. Wade is indeed overturned, I am predicting some serious headwinds for Republicans in November. This is NOT going to go over well with suburban women, and they tend to be a major swing vote in elections. This will be popular with the far right, but for everyone else that sits in the middle and to the left (the vast majority of the nation), this is going to sting like a bee.

What comes after this? Are women going to need to bring a man with them to the bank to open an account as in olden days? I am a man, and I find the entire notion of overturning Roe v. Wade preposterous. I stand behind women and their right to make their own healthcare decisions.
I do as well. I understand d the argument though. But I won’t play God. That’s what Republicans are doing. And what about rape victims that get pregnant. Are they not going to be able to have an abortion as well? Will be one hell of a deal a child growing up that was a product of a rape. Got to love republicans we are more morally upright attitude. It’s false and an illusion. And hogwash. And I am an independent. It’s a touch topic. I know. Bit I can’t interfere with a women’s body and what she chooses. How dare another weak and pathetic republican human being tell her what she ought to do with her body. They’re old white men idiots stuck in 1927.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies