Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2022, 01:03 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,081,698 times

Advertisements

For all of you in hysterics about the “religious zealots” on the anti-abortion side…or for those of you saying the right is deranged, here is the face of the pro-abortion left:

Quote:
An outraged pro-choice protester sporting a one-piece bathing suit screamed 'I'm killing the babies' as she led a march of demonstrators targeting Catholic churches in New York City.

'God killed his son, why can’t I?' the protester, NYC-based performance artist Crackhead Barney, repeatedly screamed as she dangled a baby doll during a Saturday morning demonstration outside the Basilica of St. Patrick's Old Cathedral.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments

Old 05-08-2022, 01:04 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,306,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
funny how you keep ignoring the male role in pregnancy! and the responsibility.
The Left ignores the male's rights in terms of a viewpoint on keeping the baby or aborting, but doesn't ignore the responsibility of the male post birth, ask Hunter Biden. The male can be made to pay monthly support and more as part of his responsibility, but has no rights to object if his partner wants to abort his child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeZoned View Post
I don't know, I suspect most don't want to be fat (who does?) but they live in the moment, and like the taste and convenience of a big mac. Kind of like young people and sex. They don't want to get pregnant, but they live in the moment.
I was a young person who didn't want a pregnancy to occur so I bought condoms. If I didn't have a condom, I wasn't going to have vaginal sex because of the danger of pregnancy. Abortion should not be a solution to a person's irresponsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Unsound interpretation. Unlike the SCOTUS Justices who created the ‘Separate but Equal’ doctrine thereby making laws ‘from the bench’ in Plessy v. Ferguson, the Justices in Roe v. Wade were enunciating a common mandate rooted in the Constitution.l
Cite a single SCOTUS case prior to Griswold that established a generalized right to privacy. Roe leaned Griswold. I suggest you read Justice Black's dissent in Griswold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
There's still 12% of respondents who think abortion should be illegal even if the mother's life is in danger.
So what if 12% want no exceptions? A larger percent wants zero limitations. Neither is the majority. If, as the Left keeps telling us, the majority of Americans support some form of legal abortion, then those are the laws that will get passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Written by someone who is most definitely not a biologist. Lol
Apparently you are not paying attention in 2022.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It is a fetus. First, it's a fertilized egg (life). Then, after implanting and dividing, it's an embryo (life). Then at 8 weeks gestation until birth it's called a fetus. That's the word, sister..
It is a life. First, it's a fertilized egg (life). Then, after implanting and dividing, it's an embryo (life). Then at 8 weeks gestation until birth it's called a fetus (life).

You can refer back to this post for the references and quotes on what an embryo is and when life begins.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post63389112

Referring to life in the womb as a zygote, embryo, etc is no different than referring to a person as an adolescent, teen, senior, etc. It does not mean they are not a human being, it just denotes what stage of life they are in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
When does life begin? It might depend on your faith.
When life begins is not in dispute and scientific and has nothing to do with your faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
We find majorities both in favor of abortion and in restricting abortion. What makes the American abortion debate so polarized is that it's become an all or nothing argument. What many don't realize about the Mississippi abortion law is that it actually brings Mississippi in line with standard abortion policies in most of the western/developed world, which does have restrictions on abortion (usually first trimester) and quite often multiple hoops to go through to obtain an abortion.
The intolerable place we find ourselves today is precisely because Roe v Wade cutoff the public debate and stopped the public debate.

Old 05-08-2022, 01:09 PM

89,083 posts, read 44,917,204 times
Quote:
It was judicial activism when the SCOTUS ruled on Plessy v. Ferguson enabling & empowering the states to create & enforce Jim Crow laws.

The present SCOTUS does the same by shirking its responsibility to interpret the Constitution by giving it to the states to decide.
No. Article 1 Section 8 enumerates the Federal Government's powers. Abortion isn't included. Therefore the regulation of abortion is the purview of each respective state. Come on, ChiGeekGuest, even RBG knew this. Had it not been for the activist Warren Court legislating from the Bench, Roe would not have been decided the way it was.

Old 05-08-2022, 01:11 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,934,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I do, but it sounds like you don't understand the difference.

That's because the Justices have determined that there aren't any questions about the constitutionality of such laws or convictions.
Again your libertaryan ‘slip is showing’ & again from your own link:
To expand the ordinary meaning of this statute would deny Defendant reasonable notice that her actions were criminal, thereby violating her due process rights.”

Old 05-08-2022, 01:12 PM

29,559 posts, read 19,653,497 times
These people are not getting any sympathy from me. Disgusting behavior

https://twitter.com/kathrynlopez/sta...nwdhuhCDwqtkrA

Old 05-08-2022, 01:18 PM

89,083 posts, read 44,917,204 times
Quote:
Again your libertaryan ‘slip is showing’ & again from your own link:
To expand the ordinary meaning of this statute would deny Defendant reasonable notice that her actions were criminal, thereby violating her due process rights.”
The SCOTUS Justices weren't convinced this was an applicable argument, so declined the case. Note that it's talking about what "might" happen in the future. Not what actually did happen to the defendant. No standing.

Old 05-08-2022, 01:19 PM
nng

695 posts, read 290,020 times
The republicans and religious right want the complete subjugation of women in this country. No exceptions. They'll force a twelve year old rape victim to carry and birth a rapists baby. I cannot vote for somebody who is anti abortion period. To many innocent women's lives will be at stake if republicans get control of the government. Think about it republicans say they believe in a right to defend your self if someone breaks into your house , then you can shoot him. Well if a women was raped, then she should be able to terminate the product of rape it's like someone breaking into your house. I don't expect these republicans to understand this point because they don't care what happens to rape victims they care more about a product of rape then the traumatized victim. I will not ever vote for republicans ever in the future. Their so called morality their ridiculous religious beliefs are pathetic and and wrong imo. Then again smart people with logical brains will not take their morality from a Stone Age backwards cult like all the Abrahamic religions are. Oh an another thing I was reading this post about a celebrity who admitted to having an abortion after being raped and I read a comment by a prolifer saying oh she killed her baby whining about the abortion but not getting angry at the rapist no anger for the rapist all the anger for the rape victim who wisely chose to abort the rapists spawn. This is the pro lifers mentality., in a nutshell. To them abortion for any reason is worse than rape.

Old 05-08-2022, 01:25 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,934,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
… Cite a single SCOTUS case prior to Griswold that established a generalized right to privacy. Roe leaned Griswold. I suggest you read Justice Black's dissent in Griswold.
I suggest you read nearly every case reviewed by the SCOTUS in which the First, Third, Fourth, Fifth, or Ninth Amendment is reviewed. Generally, the first ten amendments reflect a significant concern for the individual right to privacy. The privacy of beliefs is reflected in the First; the privacy of the home against being forced to house soldiers in the Third; the privacy against unreasonable searches in the Fourth; the privacy of personal information in the Fifth; & the Ninth which states “The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people”.

The “rights retained by the people” refer to individual rights. States’ rights arguments as they relate to individual rights were rendered moot by the American Civil War.

Old 05-08-2022, 01:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,668,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Oklahoma will ban all abortions, but the other 12 will still allow abortion if life of mother at high risk, once Roe is struck down.
But Oklahoma doesn't specially ban all abortions. One law says a doctor who performs abortion not due to a medical emergency is to go to prison for 10 years and a $10,000 fine. Nothing happens to the woman, so far. The other law is like the Texas law. Both laws don't specifically ban all or nearly all abortion.

Since anti-abortion groups are not altogether happy that new laws go far enough in Oklahoma, more punitive laws may come later to punish women and anybody who helps them get abortions. Also strongly desired is to ban all abortion inducing drugs.

Old 05-08-2022, 01:27 PM
nng

695 posts, read 290,020 times
Sorry for the double post my phone is kind of slow. I think they should make plan b and the abortion
Pill widely available especially on. College and university campuses. But we know in this Christian conservative society that will be never happen. I can say I hate this regressive cult more then anything. It's holding this society back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies