Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 12:22 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,517,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
The only reason they care is because Democrats get HUGE money from the abortion lobby. It's about the $$.
Where do you sign up for this money? Asking for a friend.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:23 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's that kind of day.
who 'forced' the mermaid to get pregnant?

Old 05-04-2022, 12:23 PM

16,029 posts, read 6,838,234 times
Blacks should speak up on this one.
80% of the 63 million babies aborted
since Roe vs Wade were Black.

The Pope should weigh in as well.
We still are a Majority Catholic Nation.

If Blacks and the Pope remain silent
the crazies are going to milk this into the midterms
as an assault by Republicans on all Woman.............

What a soap opera for the Crazies...................hopefully a Victory for the unborn.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:24 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
This IS progress. It takes the "abortion issue" off the table when vetting Supreme Court nominees and puts the issue where it belongs.....in State legislatures to be voted on by the people.
If the people had any say with governors. Pffft where’s the weed? The permanent time change etc.?

BASICALLY, AVERAGE CITIZENS ONLY GET WHAT THEY WANT IF ECONOMIC ELITES OR INTEREST GROUPS ALSO WANT IT

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/201...tics-explained

Old 05-04-2022, 12:25 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
What is a women?
Pardon?

Old 05-04-2022, 12:28 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
My 11-Year-Old Patient Was Pregnant. Here's What I Want You To Know About Being 'Pro-Life.'

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/abort...34e9e4cb27/amp

What I want to know who here would put your daughter through delivering that child?

Old 05-04-2022, 12:28 PM

17,616 posts, read 6,903,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Hopefully people will see the abortion ban as the tip of the iceberg for other civil rights issues and take a stand. However, I'm skeptical too. It appears this country is regressing rather than progressing.
You're just repeating DNC talking points that have been filtered through the media. If you or they had read the actual draft opinion, you would know that it says this:

Quote:
Unable to show concrete reliance on Roe and Casey themselves, the Solicitor General suggests that overruling those decisions would "threaten the Court's precedents holding that the Due Process Clause protects other rights." That is not correct for the reasons we have already discussed. As even the Casey plurality recognized, "[a]bortion is a unique act" because it terminates "life or potential life." And to ensure that our decision is not misunderstood or mischaracterized, we emphasize that our decision concerns the constitutional right to abortion and no other right. Nothing in this opinion should be understood to cast doubt on precedents that do not concern abortion.
Link: https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...e-pdf-00029504

Everyone who comments on this draft opinion should at least read the damned thing first.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:30 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,983,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Here’s a good one: to all the white guy old fart republicans and backwards McConnell look alikes: if your daughter was impregnated by John Wayne Gacy, Ted bundy, or the local Schizophrenic homeless rapist on the prowl,…. Would you still be against your daughter having an abortion? If so, then why? And then you’d have to tell the child the truth as they aged. What then?
First off, the majority of people including myself do support the right to abortion to an extent. Rape and incest being two. Also as much as I am pro-life, I can understand the hardship a woman will suffer carrying a child to term.

What I have a problem with are these idiots that are against having a limit on a 15 week deadline. Sorry but if a woman cannot decide by then then tough sh*t. Unless it is determined after 15 weeks that carrying to term is determined to cause potential death to either her or the child and it’s determined that deformity has developed in the fetus.

What irks me is the extreme what-if arguments by pro-choice supporters to try to maintain the status quo of abortion laws that have allowed 900,000 abortions per year as another poster claimed and allowing procedures well into the second trimester for the sake of extreme low cases of rape/incest and financial strain on government services.

The “safe, rare and legal” term for abortion rights that even Democrats such as Bill Clinton was quoted saying years ago which was thought to be going forward after Roe V Wade has been abused over the years by many people that use it as a form of contraception because of the possible “Inconvenience” it will cause.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:31 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
My 11-Year-Old Patient Was Pregnant. Here's What I Want You To Know About Being 'Pro-Life.'

[url]https://www.huffpost.com/entry/abortion-11-year-old-pregnant_n_6266e555e4b07c34e9e4cb27/amp[/url]

What I want to know who here would put your daughter through delivering that child?
That story breaks my heart. My mother worked in obstetrics at a public hospital for thirty years. She took care of many kids who were pregnant in terribly unfortunate circumstances. Her youngest was just nine-years-old. She still tears up when she talks about it.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:34 PM

17,616 posts, read 6,903,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
That story breaks my heart. My mother worked in obstetrics at a public hospital for thirty years. She took care of many kids who were pregnant in terribly unfortunate circumstances. Her youngest was just nine-years-old. She still tears up when she talks about it.
All you guys have is emotion. The law demands reversal of Roe, which was wrongly decided from the start.

Tell your elected representatives and they can pass laws to make sure these kids are able to abort their kids.

That said, you and I both know that these anecdotes are rare and don't change the fact that the vast, vast, vast majority of abortions are done by adult women who knowingly had unprotected sex and are using abortion as a form of birth control, often more than once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies