Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2022, 04:41 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Failure of understanding reality, Clara.

An ectopic pregnancy never starts off as a regular pregnancy.

At 6 weeks along the woman is most likely still bleeding and starting to have excruciating pain.

It’s not something she ever would have announced.
You're not reading what I'm saying.

OFTEN, women who have ectopic pregnancies first believe they have a normal pregnancy, with a positive (but faint) pregnancy test.

Then, they learn it's ectopic.

By that time, they may have announced the pregnancy.

And here come the investigators when it's apparent she's no longer pregnant.

Before you respond and disagree, read through this post until you see what I'm saying, and then you won't be disagreeing anymore.

Old 05-08-2022, 04:43 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
You are implying that it's a woman's responsibility to bear a child if she chooses to have sex. That sounds suspiciously like you're dictating what a woman's role and purpose is, and a lot less like you're making an argument about the life of a child.
It's simply this... 95% of all unintended pregnancies are caused by women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex. They're experiencing the consequences of their own actions.

Quote:
Not everyone has easy access to contraception
Yeah, pretty much everyone does. Tens of millions of women easily avoid pregnancy every year.

Old 05-08-2022, 04:44 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
This post is fear mongering at its finest.

But I really want to address your last paragraph.

Roe v. Wade took the decision away from Americans. It is the opposite of “democracy.” Let people vote and choose in their own state, what kind of state they want to live in.

You also paint with too broad of a brush. It was leftists who wanted to force shots and vaccines passports on everyone a few short months ago, remember? It’s lib states like California and NY where you have to show your documents in order to go inside or attend school. Talk about authoritarian rule.
Just a reminder. Before Roe v Wade, these decisions were left up to the states. Women weren't treated so well. Some of us remember and we don't want to go back there.

Old 05-08-2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
The poster InformedConsent says that no states ban abortion. His comments may be technically true
I'm a woman, not a Republican, and that is true: There is no state that bans abortion. Anyone who claims otherwise is either ignorant or deliberately lying.

Old 05-08-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Lol. What an odd post.
They can't respond with rational logic. We've repeatedly pointed out the logical flaws in their arguments. All they have is "feelings" and rhetorical propaganda, much of which is misinformation.

Preventing pregnancy is simple. Tens of millions of women successfully do so every year. So where's the problem?

Old 05-08-2022, 04:55 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You're wrong, unless the people who literally want all abortion banned would not count treatment of a ruptured ectopic pregnancy as being no different from an actual abortion.
I think some of these red state legislators don't know how the female parts work.

Old 05-08-2022, 04:56 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You're not reading what I'm saying.

OFTEN, women who have ectopic pregnancies first believe they have a normal pregnancy, with a positive (but faint) pregnancy test.

Then, they learn it's ectopic.

By that time, they may have announced the pregnancy.

And here come the investigators when it's apparent she's no longer pregnant.

Before you respond and disagree, read through this post until you see what I'm saying, and then you won't be disagreeing anymore.
No. Many women who have ectopic pregnancies don’t know they are pregnant because it doesn’t present completely as a normal pregnancy.

Furthermore what you are saying doesn’t make sense.

Somehow you think women are publicly announcing pregnancies at 4 weeks to 6 weeks along…but at the same time you think the Texas limit at 6 weeks isn’t fair, because women won’t know they are pregnant by then.

Which is it?

Old 05-08-2022, 05:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Again, if you like, I can start making stuff up about you. Your nonsensical posts have given me a lot to work with. Would you like me to start doing that? Knock it off.

Yes. You are pro abortion. You've stated that 100 times. I understand that.

It is everyone's business when someone decides to kill someone else just because they feel like it.
Okay go for it making up stuff about me. I want to be entertained. I may not even consider it personal attacks.

Once, again, your viewpoint is nothing but all out WRONG it's pitiful. No way am I pro-abortion. If I was pro-abortion, I would be going to abortion clinics holding pro-abortion signs. If I was pro-abortion, I would not believe in the need to try to stop it before it's even in the bud from the government do more to make birth control more accessible, including in the schools. The government could do further to discourage abortion. All that certainly can't be interpreted as standing up for being pro-abortion. As I have stated before, banning abortion means abortion going out of control, which I don't want.

Your viewpoint is further wrong because it's a matter of fact that under the law an unborn baby does not have full human rights as a baby just born. You're entitled otherwise to your opinion but it doesn't rule. All people can do who don't approve of that is complain about it. Other than complaining more could be done in figuring out how to prevent more unwanted pregnancies. After all, unwanted pregnancies are what the problem is really about, not abortion. Concentrate on nipping it before it's even in the bud.

Old 05-08-2022, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
A woman could have unprotected sex, become pregnant, want to keep the baby, and then suffer a life threatening condition requiring abortion to save her life.

Would you want to deny her an abortion in this case just because she had unprotected sex? Most people would allow abortion in this case.
That wouldn't be an abortion performed solely for the sake of convenience like 98.3% are. It would be a medically necessary abortion.

To recap... How Americans feel about the 98.3% of abortions that are performed solely for the sake of the woman's convenience (no valid medical reason):

48% keep it legal
45% make it illegal

That's a pretty even split.

Old 05-08-2022, 05:03 PM

3,284 posts, read 1,420,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm a woman, not a Republican, and that is true: There is no state that bans abortion. Anyone who claims otherwise is either ignorant or deliberately lying.
I stand corrected re your gender. I stand corrected re your political affiliation. You are totally disingenuous regarding the status of abortion bans in some states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies