Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2022, 07:36 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
In real life, birth control is about 90% effective. Not 99%. That's ignoring the fact that it is no one's business but the woman what medical care she decides is appropriate.
Using two birth control methods coupled together is how you get to 99% effective. Condoms with birth control pills for instance or an IUD coupled with the fertility awareness method. There are very effective ways to avoid an unwanted pregnancy.

Old 05-20-2022, 07:40 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
As you know it takes 2. Your putting the entire problem on the women. Yet you get rid of a safe method to solve her problem. Clinics for PLANNED parent hood also offer other forms of birth control yet states want them closed. Your will never end sex. Foolish to even state.

Her right to choose should not be dictated by Govt, state or local. It's her body.

GOP will be going after birth control next, just wait.
For some, especially the fundies, it's all about controlling what women do. They are obsessed with controlling women's bodies, their sex life, and their medical needs.

Old 05-20-2022, 07:41 AM

15,442 posts, read 7,511,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Using two birth control methods coupled together is how you get to 99% effective. Condoms with birth control pills for instance or an IUD coupled with the fertility awareness method. There are very effective ways to avoid an unwanted pregnancy.
What's your point? Lots of couples dislike condoms, lots of women have difficulties with various birth control methods. In the end, it's still no one's business but the woman what she chooses to to do medically.

Old 05-20-2022, 07:43 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
'the GOP' had nothing to do with the decision of supreme court justices to overturn rvw. the justices did.

'safe medical procedures'? dead babies might disagree with your characterization.
I have no problem debating with your dead babies' disagreement of that characterization. All the dead babies.

Old 05-20-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
What's your point? Lots of couples dislike condoms, lots of women have difficulties with various birth control methods. In the end, it's still no one's business but the woman what she chooses to to do medically.
Doing something is always better than doing nothing to try to prevent a pregnancy. Fertility awareness coupled with withdrawal is a non hormonal, non barrier method that could be used which is extremely effective compared to not use in birth control and relying on abortion for birth control. Taking zero precautions is extremely irresponsible.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:36 AM

15,442 posts, read 7,511,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Doing something is always better than doing nothing to try to prevent a pregnancy. Fertility awareness coupled with withdrawal is a non hormonal, non barrier method that could be used which is extremely effective compared to not use in birth control and relying on abortion for birth control. Taking zero precautions is extremely irresponsible.
Withdrawal is not an effective form of birth control. Most couples do use some form of birth control, but very few use two.

Old 05-20-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Withdrawal is not an effective form of birth control. Most couples do use some form of birth control, but very few use two.
From Planned Parenthood’s website
“ For every 100 people who use the pull out method perfectly, 4 will get pregnant.”

So 96% effective with perfect use.

“But pulling out can be difficult to do perfectly. So in real life, about 22 out of 100 people who use withdrawal get pregnant every year — that’s about 1 in 5.”

So 88% effective with typical use. One in five would getting pregnant would make it 80% effective at worst.

Couple that with the fertility awareness method:

“FAMs are about 76-88% effective: that means 12-24 out of 100 couples who use FAMs will get pregnant each year, depending on which method(s) are used. If you use multiple FAMs together, they work even better.“

Using these two methods together is actually extremely effective and way more effective than doing nothing because hormonal and barrier methods don’t work for you.

People need to educate themselves on their options.

Old 05-20-2022, 11:40 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
As you know it takes 2. Your putting the entire problem on the women. Yet you get rid of a safe method to solve her problem. Clinics for PLANNED parent hood also offer other forms of birth control yet states want them closed. Your will never end sex. Foolish to even state.

Her right to choose should not be dictated by Govt, state or local. It's her body.

GOP will be going after birth control next, just wait.
But Oklahoma's latest abortion ban bill passed explicitly allows for the use of the Plan B pill and emergency contraception.

Old 05-20-2022, 01:14 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,327,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How about women starting to use birth control and insisting that her partner does also? That has a 99.9% success rate. If a woman is afraid of getting pregnant anyway then she should abstain from sex. If she does get pregnant and takes the risk of obtaining an illegal abortion then it's on her and her alone.

Her right to choose was before engaging in sex. Some states will still allow abortions anyway. Much ado about nothing.
I started taking hormones when I was 10 to regulate my very heavy and painful period. I married when I was 25. So if you don't want any/more children you need to use two methods of BC or practice abstinence? In MARRIAGE? Early Puberty, LATE Menopause. Sorry but, I did not want to take hormones for 40 years.

I have posted about my childhood friend who was raped at 11. It took her a very long time for to be able to trust men. Met up with her when we were in our 30s. She did eventually marry but she and her husband decided to NEVER have children. She told me that they had a lot of trouble finding a doctor who would perform a vasectomy on her husband. She should take the Pill and her husband use a condom until she reached menopause?

Friend told me that doctors told her the criteria for a vasectomy was marriage, 30 years old, and at least 2 children. ROFL Told her that husband and I were 35, married 10 years, with 2 children, and had to listen to a lecture by a doctor, and I HAD TO CONSENT to his vasectomy. What IF your children die and you want more children?" "Vasectomies aren't always reversible". We will remain childless. You cannot replace a dead child by having another child. I OBJECTED to having to give my consent for HIM to do with HIS body as he chooses

All I kept thinking at the time was that joke. Every sperm is sacred. Sperm are HUMAN and ALIVE. Cannot kill them either!!!!

Old 05-20-2022, 03:13 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
almost 3 weeks later, we still don't know who the leaker was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies