Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 07:56 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,065,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I saw this story this morning and it's disgusting. Just when I think I can't detest Biden anymore, he gives me yet another reason. This fool has no business being in the White House when every damn thing he does hurts the nation and further drags it down.

There are shortages because of Biden. There is record inflation because of Biden. There are sky-high prices because of Biden. Americans are hurting because of Biden.

You liberals wanted this fool and look what he's done. If this is the utopia you wanted then all of you are as sick as he is.
So you are callilng for the nationalizing of baby food?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 07:59 PM

39,884 posts, read 26,562,438 times
I was just doing a little independent reading about the formula shortage-due to Biden's FDA shutting down a production facility in FEBRUARY. Disgusted that the Biden admin puts foreign criminals ahead of American citizens. Disgusted, but hardly surprised-they have done so since taking office. Just one more thing to remind voters about this November.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:06 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,065,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I was just doing a little independent reading about the formula shortage-due to Biden's FDA shutting down a production facility in FEBRUARY. Disgusted that the Biden admin puts foreign criminals ahead of American citizens. Disgusted, but hardly surprised-they have done so since taking office. Just one more thing to remind voters about this November.
"The plant remains voluntarily closed as the company works to rectify findings related to the processes, procedures, and conditions that the FDA observed during its inspection of the facility from January 31 – March 18, 2022, which raised concerns that powdered infant formula produced at this facility prior to the FDA’s inspection carry a risk of contamination," the spokesperson added.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...s-boost-supply

Voluntarily suggests something different than forced.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
How did humanity ever survive for the hundreds of thousands of years before we had baby formula? In any case, nice to see Biden and company care about American citizens.
Babies whose mothers died in childbirth, starved to death. Or, babies whose mothers didn't produce adequate breast milk, same outcome. As it works in the mammal world.

So that's how that went, for the hundreds of thousands of years.

Until the availability of commercially produced baby formula, which was widely available in the last hundred plus years.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:17 PM

39,884 posts, read 26,562,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
"The plant remains voluntarily closed as the company works to rectify findings related to the processes, procedures, and conditions that the FDA observed during its inspection of the facility from January 31 – March 18, 2022, which raised concerns that powdered infant formula produced at this facility prior to the FDA’s inspection carry a risk of contamination," the spokesperson added.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...s-boost-supply

Voluntarily suggests something different than forced.
You do realize that was a quote from an "FDA spokesman", not an official with Abbott, right? Question 1, why did it take the FDA 7 bloody weeks to complete an inspection? Working at the rate of government-no sense of urgency.

Per Abbott
Quote:
The company said Wednesday that "after a thorough review of all available data, there is no evidence to link our formulas to these infant illnesses."
So Abbott is jumping through hoops to cater to FDA bureaucrats, has shut the plant down, contributing to this shortage, all with no evidence that their product was in any way defective or contaminated.

Quote:
"Subject to [U.S. Food and Drug Administration] approval, we could restart the site within two weeks," the statement continues. "We would begin production of EleCare, Alimentum and metabolic formulas first and then begin production of Similac and other formulas. From the time we restart the site, it will take six to eight weeks before product is available on shelves."
Enough said

Quote:
As the crisis continues for desperate parents of young children, Congress is now looking to get involved.
Which will accomplish exactly what? Maybe bring some common sense, a sense of urgency and accountability to the FDA? Not likely-when in 45 years Congress couldn't get around to passing a law making abortion legal across the country.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:34 PM

4,536 posts, read 4,062,216 times
What happens when the first baby dies because of Biden and his voters?

Old 05-12-2022, 09:44 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,975,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Babies whose mothers died in childbirth, starved to death. Or, babies whose mothers didn't produce adequate breast milk, same outcome. As it works in the mammal world.

So that's how that went, for the hundreds of thousands of years.

Until the availability of commercially produced baby formula, which was widely available in the last hundred plus years.
There were wet nurses since time began. Either women who were currently feeding their own babies, or those with older children who just kept feeding other people's babies.

Also, generations of babies thrived on evaporated milk and karo syrup as a homemade formula. You can google the recipe.

Old 05-13-2022, 12:34 AM

1,052 posts, read 454,329 times
To quote the Boston Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley, there should "be unrest in the streets" over this. "President" Biden ought to be removed from office for many, many reasons above all for failing to protect the security of the US and its citizens by opening the border, causing an invasion and pandering to the illegal freeloading invaders.

I sincerely feel for any parent with a newborn who can't find formula now but I also sincerely implore all such parents and relatives to REMEMBER this, and vote out every single democrap within your reach. Goodness gracious, this rabid party should not be let anywhere near power for a generation!

Old 05-13-2022, 05:03 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,588,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I wonder how many pro-lifers are opposed to feeding the babies of illegals? Curious.

So this was done out of spite?

Old 05-13-2022, 05:10 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,588,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
In that poster's defense, people made formula for their babies up until the 60s ... it was a pretty common thing to do. And honestly, if my kids were little, that's exactly what I'd do - go back to the recipe my grandmother used and then ask my pediatrician for a vitamin supplement.

It does NOT make this whole formula debacle any better ... this has been getting worse for months. And apparently Biden was just briefed on it this week.

THIS WEEK.

Pediatricians are telling parents NOT to make their own formula because of, you know, SCIENCE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies