Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 12:39 PM

63,154 posts, read 29,323,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Immigrants of all kinds send care packages and cash back to their families.
It's mostly illegal aliens. At least most legal immigrants are net contributors to our economy unlike illegal aliens who are not. Not only do they cost us over $100 billion a year but they send remittances back to their countries in the billions not spent in our economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2022, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
THIS! SO much this. If ANYONE on the right had been at all serious about this, then this would have happened. We already have it, Ive gone through it multiple times, and if we had consequences for employers it would work.

If the CEO or owner of a company employs illegals they should go to jail. Which is probably why Trump was against it given how many illegals he employed at his properties. (well documented btw use google if you are unaware). But even so, Trump and the Republicans could have passed something that went into effect in the future. They did not do so.

Republicans DO NOT care about this topic. They employ illegals quite often in fact. They just like using it because it riles up the racists, and those like me who think that we need borders that we control. I think we need more LEGAL immigration rather then this illegal stuff.
So many lies in your post I just had to reply even though you are on my ignore list. The Republicans have tried to pass an e-verify bill many times but the Democrats refuse to sign one unless it includes a huge amnesty.

When it is proven that an employer "knowingly" hired illegals they are held accountable and several were under the Trump administration. The problem is that illegal aliens use fake or stolen ID's/SS number to gain employment and can fool some employers. Many work for cash so how can that be caught?

Trump was never tried or convicted of knowingly having illegals working on is properties so you accusations mean nothing! When it was discovered that the illegals had used fake or stolen documents to gain employment they were promptly fired. Trump uses e-verify on all of his properties now and in fact his golf courses were the only ones that hadn't up till then. Rich businessmen do not hire manual laborers themselves either.

Only the "corrupt" Republicans and Democrats don't care about this issue. They both hire illegal aliens. WTH does racism have to do with opposing illegal immigration? We have legal immigrants and citizens here of the same ethnic makeup as most illegal aliens! Stick your race care where the sun don't shine!
Now back on my ignore list you go.

Old 05-17-2022, 01:21 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,594,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No law is completely foolproof to stop criminals so we shouldn't have laws at all then? Huh? The good walls on the border have been 90% effective in deterring illegal entry in those areas but that's not good enough unless they are 100%?

It doesn't matter one iota what one wants and decides to break the law to get what they want. No one has the right to come here illegally. If they do so they should first be discouraged from doing so with laws, the wall, etc. and lastly held accountable if they come here anyway.

I can't believe I had to explain that to you.
90% you say?? WOW. Did you get that from the Trumpian media outlet? It isn't exactly a secret that the wall (which BTW Trump claimed would be 99.9%) effective - has been breached thousands of times. You can toss out your residual statistics which are only as good as the people reporting them, but I don't buy or believe the 90%. You have to be caught to be included. Get it? I can't believe I had to explain that to you??

Old 05-17-2022, 04:23 PM

6,246 posts, read 3,631,409 times
Does ICE still have the hotline where citizens can report illegals, or did the Biden Administration shut that down? The locals should meet them at the airport, phones and ICE hotline at the ready.

Old 05-17-2022, 04:37 PM

6,624 posts, read 5,031,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Amazing how the Democrats scream about fossil fuels but let’s fly 150 illegals around in a jet that burns 15,000 gals of fuel an hour.

And that 150 is just a drop in the ocean of millions of illegals being redistributed around the country in just the year and a half that our Mr. Potatohead president has been in office.
15000 gallons an hour hard to do with an average tank size of 6.8k gallons.

Last edited by DUNNDFRNT; 05-17-2022 at 04:53 PM..

Old 05-17-2022, 04:53 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,868,873 times
I generally don’t buy into the “ never would have happened under Trump” thing.

When it comes to illegal immigration, The Biden Admin owns it.

No notice of incoming to state/ local officials, night flights and unmarked buses.

Old 05-17-2022, 04:54 PM

6,624 posts, read 5,031,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Does ICE still have the hotline where citizens can report illegals, or did the Biden Administration shut that down? The locals should meet them at the airport, phones and ICE hotline at the ready.
The problem would be that they have temporary legal status as people who have an asylum application pending.

Old 05-17-2022, 04:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,868,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-or-customs-violations

^ would not apply to those on the night flights.

Old 05-17-2022, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
90% you say?? WOW. Did you get that from the Trumpian media outlet? It isn't exactly a secret that the wall (which BTW Trump claimed would be 99.9%) effective - has been breached thousands of times. You can toss out your residual statistics which are only as good as the people reporting them, but I don't buy or believe the 90%. You have to be caught to be included. Get it? I can't believe I had to explain that to you??
Wrong, Trump's wall has not been breached "successfully" 90% of the time! I note you didn't provide a link to your assertions.

Is this source good enough for you?

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work

"For example, when we installed a border wall in the Yuma Sector, we have seen border apprehensions decrease by 90 percent".

https://nypost.com/2018/08/08/man-br...in-california/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...own/ar-AAWdDfb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies