Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2022, 01:44 PM

8,947 posts, read 2,975,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Quick,

No one is saying they overthrew the government.

The charge was that it was a very strong attempt to overthrow, initiated by Donald Trump.

But for the Grace of God, they'd have been successful.

And but for the grace of that one cop, who led the mob away from our lawmakers who hadn't quite made it to safety yet.

Eugene Goodman. Who knows what we all owe him.
Why would Donald Trump say, verbatim, "PEACEFULLY make your VOICES heard"

If he was trying to "overthrow" the United States Government?

Did Fidel Castro say that when he overthrew Batista?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 01:50 PM

596 posts, read 897,789 times
Peaceful protest:

https://i.insider.com/5ff630ce6d61c1...36&format=jpeg

Old 05-20-2022, 01:50 PM

7,982 posts, read 3,511,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Bro, it was a trespassing event. There was minor property damage. I don't condone trespassing at all but you people are trying to blow this up into something it wasn't.

The real craziness was when BLM and Antifa REQUISITIONED A CITY BLOCK, created an ARMED BORDER, and SHOT AND KILLED PEOPLE who tried to broach that border!

Also, the entire Minneapolis PD was burnt to the ground, and over 30 murders and hundreds of arsons were committed in 2020, to the tune of 2 BILLION IN DAMAGES!

1/6 was not even in the same hemisphere as those events, yet you act like 1/6 was the worst thing to happen in the USA since like the civil war.

No one condones it, but let's be realistic of what it was.

They know what the left's extreme elements did to the country during the "Summer of Love" is a permanent stain on them and they see the opportunity with Jan6 to erase that stain so they're going all in on it. With the media's help they can use one incident to wipe out a whole summer's worth of incidents from their side. If this summer turns in to "Summer of Love 2.0" that one incident will be used to erase their responsibility for that as well. They own the narrative so they'll take advantage of it. They know it's garbage but they also know they can get away with it. Or at least they've been able to in the past.

Old 05-20-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
You people are funny. Was anyone hanged? I can go to various tailgating parties around the country on any given saturday or sunday and see the opposing quarterback strung up in effigy.

You're seriously equating having a protest prop equal ACTUALLY hanging someone?

That's something a 3rd grader would do, isn't it?

That thing is like 4 feet tall. It's a prop. You can't ACTUALLY hang someone with that...you understand that, right?

Old 05-20-2022, 02:18 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 21 days ago)

35,685 posts, read 18,050,667 times
Quote:
Why would Donald Trump say, verbatim, "PEACEFULLY make your VOICES heard"

If he was trying to "overthrow" the United States Government?

Did Fidel Castro say that when he overthrew Batista?
Do you think, for one moment, Trump would have stood there and said go there and kill Pelosi and Pence? No, he wouldn't, because he's not stupid. At that point, HE would be arrested.

He's smart enough to tell them to go stop this process, and then tell them to be peaceful about it. Because he's got more than 2 IQ points to rub together.

Old 05-20-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
They know what the left's extreme elements did to the country during the "Summer of Love" is a permanent stain on them and they see the opportunity with Jan6 to erase that stain so they're going all in on it. With the media's help they can use one incident to wipe out a whole summer's worth of incidents from their side. If this summer turns in to "Summer of Love 2.0" that one incident will be used to erase their responsibility for that as well. They own the narrative so they'll take advantage of it. They know it's garbage but they also know they can get away with it. Or at least they've been able to in the past.
I guess so. The "Right" so rarely protests at all that I guess they have to jump on 1/6 because they may not see it again for another 100 years.

The violent left protests every 3 to 5 years like clockwork since the 60s when they started voting Democrat en masse.

It's comical that they think a couple hundred middle aged people armed with iPhones actually thought they were "overthrowing" the US government. HAHA.

Old 05-20-2022, 02:19 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 21 days ago)

Quote:
You people are funny. Was anyone hanged? I can go to any various tailgating parties around the country on any given saturday or sunday and see the opposing quarterback strung up in effigy.

You're seriously equating having a protest prop equal ACTUALLY hanging someone?

That's something a 3rd grader would do, isn't it?
Really?

Old 05-20-2022, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Do you think, for one moment, Trump would have stood there and said go there and kill Pelosi and Pence? No, he wouldn't, because he's not stupid. At that point, HE would be arrested.

He's smart enough to tell them to go stop this process, and then tell them to be peaceful about it. Because he's got more than 2 IQ points to rub together.
Sooooooo then, how was HE "inciting a riot" by telling people to PEACEFULLY MAKE THEIR VOICES HEARD?

Old 05-20-2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Sooooooo then, how was HE "inciting a riot" by telling people to PEACEFULLY MAKE THEIR VOICES HEARD?
You listen to the speech yourself. It was masterful, actually, in a horrible way.

He incited them to go storm the Capitol. And they did it, thinking he'd pardon them.

Thinking actually he'd be with them, which is what he said. Wuups.

I think people who don't hear what he was intending to communicate fall into two categories:

they are gaslighting everyone else who understood his intent

or

they're the kind of people who can't understand unsaid messages. Like if you ask someone can I come in, and the other person says "um. Well . . . I guess . . . ok". All some people hear, is "yes"

Old 05-20-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
You listen to the speech yourself. It was masterful, actually, in a horrible way.

He incited them to go storm the Capitol. And they did it, thinking he'd pardon them.

Thinking actually he'd be with them, which is what he said. Wuups.

I think people who don't hear what he was intending to communicate fall into two categories:

they are gaslighting everyone else who heard what he was saying

or

they're the kind of people who can't understand unsaid messages. Like if you ask someone can I come in, and the other person says "um. Well . . . I guess ok". All some people hear, is "yes"
So you can't give me any actual, concrete things he said...you just provide us with your emotional, mind-reading interpretation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies