Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 04:02 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Abbott argued that the public education system in Texas is being overwhelmed by the number of illegal alien students enrolled. “I think we will resurrect that case and challenge this issue again,” he said on the program. “Because the expenses are extraordinary and the times are different than when Plyler v. Doe was issued many decades ago.”

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-educato...193041531.html

I agree with Abbott why in the hell are we paying for the education of children who aren't lawfully in our country?

Old 05-19-2022, 04:11 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Because the Federal Government says we have to.
Same reason why all that baby formula was sent to the border..because we have to.

This is the new .."America last" so get used to it.
Americans just need to keep sending their money to the IRS so that we can pay for all the poor in the world to get what they want.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:21 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmycountry View Post
It’s happening in every state! We have teachers in OK, MO, AR in our family who are so very frustrated at this issue. All you need is an address to enroll! No questions asked. Taxpayers are being scammed to pay for the education of illegals.
Meanwhile, we dumb down American students by taking away honors classes for those who work ahead and excell.
These non-English speaking students are slowing down our own kids to. There is discrimination in hiring practices based on having to know Spanish not just to teach but in other employment areas to.

California residents passed a bill many years ago to stop educating kids not lawfully in our country but a liberal judge shot it down.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:22 PM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Abbott argued that the public education system in Texas is being overwhelmed by the number of illegal alien students enrolled. “I think we will resurrect that case and challenge this issue again,” he said on the program. “Because the expenses are extraordinary and the times are different than when Plyler v. Doe was issued many decades ago.”

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-educato...193041531.html

I agree with Abbott why in the hell are we paying for the education of children who aren't lawfully in our country?
Because we are suckers.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:23 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
So...F kids? I mean really? Thats the thing folks worry about here? Lets damage kids education? That makes the world a better place? Really?

Old 05-19-2022, 04:24 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmycountry View Post
It’s happening in every state! We have teachers in OK, MO, AR in our family who are so very frustrated at this issue. All you need is an address to enroll! No questions asked. Taxpayers are being scammed to pay for the education of illegals.
Meanwhile, we dumb down American students by taking away honors classes for those who work ahead and excell.
In my area all you need is a utility bill to prove you live in that ISD. I know of people who pay the electric bill for friends in order to use their address to enroll the kid in a better school.

It's cheaper that private school tuition. The family does not need to sell their house and move

Old 05-19-2022, 04:28 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Those kids should not be in the United States in the first place.

I get that some if not many of them were brought here as babies, toddlers, or what not, but they are not in the U.S. legally and they are enjoying the benefits of taxpayers' money - of taxes paid by citizens and by legal immigrants.

This is not fair to the children of citizens and lawful immigrants, all the more as there are cases where illegal alien children have recently arrived, do not speak English, and they may lack the knowledge to keep up in class. So teachers are forced to review the same info repeatedly while kids who do get it are bored and their learning is stunted.

A reminder that LEGAL immigration and ILLEGAL immigration are not the same and must never be conflated.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:29 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Because the Federal Government says we have to.
Same reason why all that baby formula was sent to the border..because we have to.

This is the new .."America last" so get used to it.
Americans just need to keep sending their money to the IRS so that we can pay for all the poor in the world to get what they want.
Exactly. Elections have consequences, and apparently this is what 81 million of our fellow citizens wanted.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:39 PM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Education has been dumbed down for a while now - first there was Ebonics, then integrating special needs children into regular classrooms. Believe me I understand the concept and want all children to be exposed to people of all races, religions and disabilities to see that everyone is a person that deserves respect and love. But we have integrated things so much that the teachers can't designed programs that benefits everyone. As smart as you are - you still need to be challenged and we can't do that while dumbing down the curriculum.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:42 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
The fed gov needs disolved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies