Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 04:39 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,601,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
There is no such thing as a "lily-white ignorant prejudice". The existence of such prejudices is a racist fantasy.
I have prejudices about lots of things. Is that a fantasy, I don't really have them? If my insurer has different prejudices than mine, that's nothing that concerns me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2022, 04:45 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
I wonder how the original White Jake from State Farm feels about this.

Old 05-25-2022, 06:19 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post

Maybe he can now get his job back...

Old 05-25-2022, 11:29 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
No. I am saying State Farm is trying to help the general public understand an isssue that is widely mis-represented by loud advocacy groups. I nave never heard you criticise State Farm's centrist record on such issues -- why are they suddenly so bad they need to be boycotted out of existence? Do you really think SF set out to push an agenda? What, exavtly, is that agends?
What exactly was misrepresented by the "whistleblower" or article? Specifics would be great.

These books being offered were targeted at being put in schools aimed at Young elementary school kids hardly the "general public". If anything misleading is going on, let's start with your attempt to try and equate these Children's books to some Peer-Reviewed publication.

It's curious that you are interested in my stance on every issue in the world. But I am actually relieved that you are not some stalker who follows me to the point where you know every one of my stances or statements. But since you seem to think that I have said SF should be boycotted over this, can you please point out where?

Old 05-25-2022, 11:04 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,601,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
What exactly was misrepresented by the "whistleblower" or article? Specifics would be great.

These books being offered were targeted at being put in schools aimed at Young elementary school kids hardly the "general public". If anything misleading is going on, let's start with your attempt to try and equate these Children's books to some Peer-Reviewed publication.

It's curious that you are interested in my stance on every issue in the world. But I am actually relieved that you are not some stalker who follows me to the point where you know every one of my stances or statements. But since you seem to think that I have said SF should be boycotted over this, can you please point out where?
You used the terms "pushing" and "exposed", which are loaded words. Please be clear with a Yes-or-No answer: Did State Farm,with malice aforethought, go outside its usual corporate bounds, to advance an unfounded agenda?

Old 05-26-2022, 05:13 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
"Like a good neighbor, State Farm is que*r."

Old 05-27-2022, 06:00 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Not good marketing if far more current customers cancel their policies in disgust and switch to competitors. I have never understood why companies think it's good to cater to the .01% at the risk of alienating the 99.9% (or whatever the percentage is).
Companies are figuring that out. I think it's going to wind up that Dave Chappelle was the one to draw the line in the sand.

Old 05-27-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Of course, we think SF set out to push an agenda. They said they did.
Well, actually you read something that you were told was from State Farm. And it might actually have been someone from State Farm...any of their 65,000 employees or 60,000 agents and agents' employees.

Particularly any LGBTQ+ employees who are angry because State Farm pulled support from The Gender Cool Project after the project stabbed them in the back.

Old 05-27-2022, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post

He had already quit the company for his own reasons.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:07 PM

8,044 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Why are they pusthing this crap?

Aren't they in business to sell insurance?

Went to search for their CEO online and found exactly what i expected to find.

Leave our kids alone you sick jerk.

I have an appointment with out local Farm Bureau insurance agency to switch over all my homes and our autos.

I am not having anything to do with this sick agenda of confusing and disturbing our precious innocent children.

Notice that when the light is shown on them, they slither back under their rocks.

Last edited by RogueMom; 05-27-2022 at 07:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies