Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 01:21 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,973,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
The US government has done terrible things and should be called out on it, including by its citizenry which they actually do and which are often fairly loud and heated public debates. It does not change that what China is doing is looking pretty terrible and meanwhile there are substantial restrictions on what its citizenry can comment on. I think you trying to draw a line to American exceptionalism is poorly argued.

I agree that the language use is as we understand things now, overly incendiary as the English language connotation for concentration camps are the horrific WWII extermination camps run by Nazi Germany and there is not any strong indication that is what's happening in China. The closer historic analogy would be something a bit more severe than the internment camps Japanese-Americans were put in. I suppose Guantanamo is maybe the closest. I think the lack of transparency, as with Guantanamo, has a lot to do with the mistrust that things are going anything close to peachy in those detention centers. One thing that's pretty clear though is that they are certainly people who are not or were not there voluntarily.

China's official policy on homosexuality is that they do not exist and are a Western invention. I know the Shanghai LGBT scene to some extent and it's generally just a blind eye turned to it.

It is pretty inaccurate what you said about Muslim nations. I have Muslim friends from Egypt and Morocco who randomly have brought this up to me unprovoked by me (as I'm of Chinese descent). Obviously, I don't have the answers to this, but there is no real single united Muslim nation or viewpoint and I'm certainly not going to take you for your word as the voice of the Ummah. There are concerns, but you also need to understand that China is a fairly large market.
Didnt we waterboard innocent victims in Guantanamo? Or keep them in solitary? Is anything like that going on in Chinese "concentration camps" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TBE4ZFd8X0

Old 05-28-2022, 02:05 PM

2,334 posts, read 966,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post

This is just more anti-China propaganda, a diversion from all the anti-Russian propaganda we've been getting from the US/UK recently.

This Zenz guy has been debunked so many times already, I'm surprised he's still being taken seriously. But then again, I shouldn't be since we've been conditioned for decades now that China and Russia are the evil empires, so we'll believe anything from Anglo based media.

I have to ask, can someone really be an "expert" of a country when he can't even read the language? Yet he points at the computer screen at Chinese words pretending he could.
https://twitter.com/adrianzenz/statu...htmode%3Dfalse

Last edited by bluesclues5; 05-28-2022 at 02:17 PM..

Old 05-28-2022, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
First of all, only like barely 1000 Muslims were detained in Guantanamo Bay. In Xinjiang hundreds of thousands or even more than a million Muslims have been detained solely for their ethnicity. Maybe do some research before spewing whataboutism.

And these files had been verified as authentic, which was a months-long process, before they were published on BBC. Ty a little harder, tankie.

Who the **** are they? Ukraine was invaded by a terrorist state called Russia. If anyone must stop it's Russia.

Muslims countries are in the same line as China. They never cared about other muslims. They only hate Israel because they hate Jews.

1 million Muslims detained? Where are you basing your numbers on? This Zenz character?

WMD was also verified as authentic, but I'm sure somewhere in Iraq, someone is still searching for them.
We've been lied to countless times by US.gov, it's beyond belief how many still fall for their lies. The motive is right in front of our faces. We need foreign enemies to justify a big military budget. It couldn't be more obvious.

Old 05-28-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
How you do research on something like this though?

By reading other news articles? Its all AP or Reuters. Its pretty much controlled by the "globalists". How you know the intel is real? Hollywood special FX can fake just about anything.

Unless you are a Michael Weston Burn Notice spy that can actually go to Xinjiang, and look around for these camps, and sneak in to interview any detainees, how will any of us normal people know what is going on?

Use common sense:
Every genocide is accompanied by a huge refugee crisis - Rawanda, Jews, etc. Where are the Uighur refugees?
Hitler's Germany spent decades dehumanizing Jews to the public to create an atmosphere that tolerated violence towards them.
Some of China's most popular celebrities are Uighur. Uighur food is sold in street vendors all across China.

None of the **** that western media is trying to push makes sense.

Watch independent people who are not affiliated with any state or corporate media that have actually been in Xinjiang.
This guy has plenty of videos of himself walking the streets of Xinjiang. Do the people look like they live in fear of being randomly arrested and locked up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wENwvxsfVM8

Old 05-28-2022, 02:51 PM

37,197 posts, read 39,473,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Didnt we waterboard innocent victims in Guantanamo? Or keep them in solitary? Is anything like that going on in Chinese "concentration camps" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TBE4ZFd8X0

We did! It's unclear what's happening in Chinese "concentration camps", though as mentioned before, that term is probably inappropriately used without knowing what is going on given its connotations. We do know there's a lack of transparency and that there are people there involuntarily without anything resembling transparency as to why. We do know that there are a number of Uighurs outside of China who have been unable to contact to their relatives. There are satellite imagery of fairly large facilities which would seem in line with the number of people purported to be put into these centers. So yea, maybe this lack of transparency and lack of communication is because they're all having such a fantastic time and they don't want anyone to let in on this secret fun time, but maybe things are not great. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're horrendous in terms of torture or murder en masse, but there's a pretty wide gamut from being relatively free and healthy and being murdered.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:51 PM
pdw

2,678 posts, read 3,100,205 times
Did someone link to this thread on Weibo or something? Can’t we have a single discussion about China without hordes of wumaos clogging up the thread here? This is just unbelievable.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:23 PM

37,197 posts, read 39,473,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
Did someone link to this thread on Weibo or something? Can’t we have a single discussion about China without hordes of wumaos clogging up the thread here? This is just unbelievable.

I don't think these are all wumaos. I think to some degree, the US government and some media providers have built up distrust among some people and there are historical antecedents to the use of manufactured or exaggerated bogeyman in US history. However, I think it can swing pretty heavily to the side of the irrational at times.

Old 05-28-2022, 09:41 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,796,632 times
Many Germans refused to believe concentration camps existed and the Holocaust really happened. So it's possible that some Chinese believe the CCP lies about the existence of Uighur concentration camps.

More on the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qDnf-houyw

Old 05-28-2022, 09:59 PM

8,871 posts, read 8,457,979 times
It’s hilarious to see a brigade of dimwitted China shills attacking the US when the report has nothing to do with America at all. It was reported by BBC lol. What a bunch of morons.

Old 05-29-2022, 10:40 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,973,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
We did! It's unclear what's happening in Chinese "concentration camps", though as mentioned before, that term is probably inappropriately used without knowing what is going on given its connotations. We do know there's a lack of transparency and that there are people there involuntarily without anything resembling transparency as to why. We do know that there are a number of Uighurs outside of China who have been unable to contact to their relatives. There are satellite imagery of fairly large facilities which would seem in line with the number of people purported to be put into these centers. So yea, maybe this lack of transparency and lack of communication is because they're all having such a fantastic time and they don't want anyone to let in on this secret fun time, but maybe things are not great. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're horrendous in terms of torture or murder en masse, but there's a pretty wide gamut from being relatively free and healthy and being murdered.
Unless you have your own spy satellite . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
Discussing worthless propaganda like it is real is what is unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Many Germans refused to believe concentration camps existed and the Holocaust really happened. So it's possible that some Chinese believe the CCP lies about the existence of Uighur concentration camps.

More on the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qDnf-houyw
But Europe was an active warzone. Xinjiang is not. Tourists can go in. Go ahead and vlog yourself on Youtube. Start interviewing people and then show us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
It’s hilarious to see a brigade of dimwitted China shills attacking the US when the report has nothing to do with America at all. It was reported by BBC lol. What a bunch of morons.
LOL "reported by the BBC". Oh they must be so honest. No one can ever question them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvQSO3ynH0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tinlaLkZgy0

Last edited by NJ Brazen_3133; 05-29-2022 at 10:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies