Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 08:21 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao View Post
honestly, you rather see new talking points? if you don't buy what was said in the beginning (which wasn't made up), you rather see something new to be made up?

truth is usually consistent while the made up stuff usually have new and fresh talking points all the time.

it's always about anti-terrorism and deradicalization. but sure, let's get some new talking point for fun
Hm, it's almost like if you tell a lie often enough, it becomes truth...

Old 05-27-2022, 10:35 PM

671 posts, read 315,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Hm, it's almost like if you tell a lie often enough, it becomes truth...
so do you want new lies or new truths?
no one knows the truth 100%, those that claims they do are lying.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:47 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,437,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
I don’t think all the people of China are all brainwashed.
Case in point:

Quote:
honestly, you rather see new talking points? if you don't buy what was said in the beginning (which wasn't made up), you rather see something new to be made up?

truth is usually consistent while the made up stuff usually have new and fresh talking points all the time.

it's always about anti-terrorism and deradicalization. but sure, let's get some new talking point for fun
Probably not all, but a good 99% of them are.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:21 AM
pdw

2,674 posts, read 3,091,599 times
Quote:
so do you want new lies or new truths?
no one knows the truth 100%, those that claims they do are lying.
What kind of cryptic nonsense is this? You’re not even saying anything. Denial and deflection seem to be the only two cards that the CCP has. Have you read 1984? A lot of parallels with the kind of newspeak you’re using in this thread

Old 05-28-2022, 09:37 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,929,380 times
How you know is real and not staged?

Old 05-28-2022, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
First of all, only like barely 1000 Muslims were detained in Guantanamo Bay. In Xinjiang hundreds of thousands or even more than a million Muslims have been detained solely for their ethnicity. Maybe do some research before spewing whataboutism.

And these files had been verified as authentic, which was a months-long process, before they were published on BBC. Ty a little harder, tankie.

Who the **** are they? Ukraine was invaded by a terrorist state called Russia. If anyone must stop it's Russia.

Muslims countries are in the same line as China. They never cared about other muslims. They only hate Israel because they hate Jews.
How you do research on something like this though?

By reading other news articles? Its all AP or Reuters. Its pretty much controlled by the "globalists". How you know the intel is real? Hollywood special FX can fake just about anything.

Unless you are a Michael Weston Burn Notice spy that can actually go to Xinjiang, and look around for these camps, and sneak in to interview any detainees, how will any of us normal people know what is going on?

Old 05-28-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
I’m not the biggest history expert, but didn’t the German soldiers deny the existence of the concentration camps in WWII right up until they saw it with their own eyes? Never underestimate the power of a totalitarian state’s propaganda machine in suppressing the truth. It’s easier to believe lies than face the dark reality for many people.
Same can be said for both sides in any conflict.

Old 05-28-2022, 09:48 AM

If Amber Heard can fake her abuse by Johnny Depp, and make people believe it for a while, then most certainly the powers that be can convince anyone someone else is evil too.

Old 05-28-2022, 12:06 PM

1,651 posts, read 863,761 times
Here is the bottom line. No country is perfect, and China certainly isn't the exception. Make no mistake though, we are only getting one side, because most people have an agenda in the West. That agenda is to make China look bad. My whataboutism as some on here call is to bring up how the U.S. has no moral authority to call out other nations sins while it ignores its own. It leads to American exceptionalism which is the cause of many of the worlds' problems. I’ll call it out all day long with no apologies.

Secondly, what exactly is a concentration camp? Western imagery comes from German WWII camps in which people were forced into labor, had experiments conducted upon them, and ultimately executed. If we are to believe this is the definition of a concentration camp, since that is the image that comes to most people minds, then China has no such thing. The very own article quoted by the OP makes no such mention of those conditions being present. These attacks are quite ambiguous which is by design. I put it in the same category as genocide and human rights violation attacks. Basically, the West gets to determine what qualifies, and since many of terms have some ambiguity, they are perfect for attacks. I'm waiting for the "China uses weapons' of mass destructions, China hates gays, and the CCP are racist” lines to follow.

Lastly there is nothing odd about my last point. No other Muslim nations are speaking out because they understand it really isn't an issue. Just the U.S. trying to poison the image of China to justify their attacks, like what happened to many of their nations before the West dropped the bombs, supported coups, or just outright invaded.

The end of the day the U.S. can make all the allegations it wants. It's not stopping China from pioneering outer space, coming up with advanced technology, and lifting millions out of poverty.

Old 05-28-2022, 12:54 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
Here is the bottom line. No country is perfect, and China certainly isn't the exception. Make no mistake though, we are only getting one side, because most people have an agenda in the West. That agenda is to make China look bad. My whataboutism as some on here call is to bring up how the U.S. has no moral authority to call out other nations sins while it ignores its own. It leads to American exceptionalism which is the cause of many of the worlds' problems. I’ll call it out all day long with no apologies.

Secondly, what exactly is a concentration camp? Western imagery comes from German WWII camps in which people were forced into labor, had experiments conducted upon them, and ultimately executed. If we are to believe this is the definition of a concentration camp, since that is the image that comes to most people minds, then China has no such thing. The very own article quoted by the OP makes no such mention of those conditions being present. These attacks are quite ambiguous which is by design. I put it in the same category as genocide and human rights violation attacks. Basically, the West gets to determine what qualifies, and since many of terms have some ambiguity, they are perfect for attacks. I'm waiting for the "China uses weapons' of mass destructions, China hates gays, and the CCP are racist” lines to follow.

Lastly there is nothing odd about my last point. No other Muslim nations are speaking out because they understand it really isn't an issue. Just the U.S. trying to poison the image of China to justify their attacks, like what happened to many of their nations before the West dropped the bombs, supported coups, or just outright invaded.

The end of the day the U.S. can make all the allegations it wants. It's not stopping China from pioneering outer space, coming up with advanced technology, and lifting millions out of poverty.
The US government has done terrible things and should be called out on it, including by its citizenry which they actually do and which are often fairly loud and heated public debates. It does not change that what China is doing is looking pretty terrible and meanwhile there are substantial restrictions on what its citizenry can comment on. I think you trying to draw a line to American exceptionalism is poorly argued.

I agree that the language use is as we understand things now, overly incendiary as the English language connotation for concentration camps are the horrific WWII extermination camps run by Nazi Germany and there is not any strong indication that is what's happening in China. The closer historic analogy would be something a bit more severe than the internment camps Japanese-Americans were put in. I suppose Guantanamo is maybe the closest. I think the lack of transparency, as with Guantanamo, has a lot to do with the mistrust that things are going anything close to peachy in those detention centers. One thing that's pretty clear though is that they are certainly people who are not or were not there voluntarily.

China's official policy on homosexuality is that they do not exist and are a Western invention. I know the Shanghai LGBT scene to some extent and it's generally just a blind eye turned to it.

It is pretty inaccurate what you said about Muslim nations. I have Muslim friends from Egypt and Morocco who randomly have brought this up to me unprovoked by me (as I'm of Chinese descent). Obviously, I don't have the answers to this, but there is no real single united Muslim nation or viewpoint and I'm certainly not going to take you for your word as the voice of the Ummah. There are concerns, but you also need to understand that China is a fairly large market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies