Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2022, 12:28 PM
pdw

2,675 posts, read 3,097,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao View Post
so is this american girl also paid by CCP to make xinjiang videos?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrc...IrDgYjQ/videos
Spoiler
Yes

Old 08-12-2022, 05:00 PM

2,331 posts, read 963,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
So you have proof you'd like to provide of this "exposure" as well?
Please share. Don't hold back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
Spoiler
Yes

According to this guy, everyone that says anything positive about China is a paid propagandist.
I'm sure you have irrefutable proof that her visits are staged by the CCP too.
Please provide, thanks in advance.

Old 08-14-2022, 02:35 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:
Most likely. She is probably either paid directly by the state or given expense-free travel, access to production resources, as well as free support for pushing her videos on Chinese social media platforms and a huge number of bots, little pinks, and wumaos who dutifully subscribe and like her videos.

Of course, there's a high likelihood that neither she nor the CCP would admit to this, which apologists/nationalists such as yourself and others present would fall back on as proof that she wasn't. "Until they admit it, it doesn't matter how many signs there are or how obvious it may seem to anyone with half a brain, you don't have proof!! Show me proof!! I want literal proof in the form of an admission from them and even then it doesn't matter!! China #1 West bad" etc etc.

Old 08-14-2022, 07:59 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,076,751 times
Quote:
1. She only makes 1 video a week that get less than 100K views. With that viewcount, she will earn around $500 per month, which is not even enough to cover travel expenses, let alone hire staff.
2. All the videos are subtitled.
3. She only does travel videos, which is very difficult to do without help from the inside.
4. She mentions product promotions or collabs on her Youtube page and tell them to contact her on a Chinese government email address.

Could it be more obvious?

Old 08-14-2022, 10:57 PM

671 posts, read 316,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Most likely. She is probably either paid directly by the state or given expense-free travel, access to production resources, as well as free support for pushing her videos on Chinese social media platforms and a huge number of bots, little pinks, and wumaos who dutifully subscribe and like her videos.

Of course, there's a high likelihood that neither she nor the CCP would admit to this, which apologists/nationalists such as yourself and others present would fall back on as proof that she wasn't. "Until they admit it, it doesn't matter how many signs there are or how obvious it may seem to anyone with half a brain, you don't have proof!! Show me proof!! I want literal proof in the form of an admission from them and even then it doesn't matter!! China #1 West bad" etc etc.
so at the same time, we can conclude everyone that produces anti chinese videos are paid by the CIA, NGO or 1450.

no evidence needed, we're done on this subject.

Old 08-15-2022, 03:00 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:
so at the same time, we can conclude everyone that produces anti chinese videos are paid by the CIA, NGO or 1450.
Lol. No, that's not how it works. That's an extremely basic, disingenuous, and entry-level attempt at deflection.

I never said that "everyone" who posts a pro-China video is a paid CCP shill. Not once. I have friends who have posted videos about the positives in their lives in China - I've even been in some of those videos.

I can talk at length about the things I loved about life in China, about the great experiences and times I had. Unfortunately, with that current climate, there's a glut of posters like you coming out here to try to boost China by endlessly playing the "west bad/China good" line and parroting insultingly crude propaganda that's meaningless to anyone with an I.Q. over 80 as though it was an Uno reverse card.

If you guys dropped this idiocy, I'd be more than happy to just talk about how much I enjoyed riding my bike around Guangdong, the lovely people I met, the excitement of new discoveries almost daily, the amazing artwork and architecture I saw, etc. I don't view this in an east vs. west way; I view them as two different but enjoyable and positive experiences that I'm fortunate to been able to live. But instead, here we are.

Also, I will freely admit, I've seen videos that were clearly funded by Falun Dafa, who in turn are likely getting their money from an NGO or the CIA or Soros' Jewish Space Laser Corps or whatever, which are clearly biased and which I'd never use to try to prove a point. Besides, there are plenty of channels which are maintained by people who aren't American, and who express ample criticism of the US, its government, or express unflattering opinions of its various policies, who also post lucidly and factually-backed critical analyses of China's current situation who I'd cite first.

For your part, you just happened to choose someone whose a literal embodiment of the paid shill we're denigrating here. If you can't recognize that from looking at it, but somehow thought that you were pulling a fast one, then I really don't know what to tell you.

Quote:
no evidence needed, we're done on this subject.
You're right, we are.

Old 08-15-2022, 03:06 AM

671 posts, read 316,346 times
Quote:
Lol. No, that's not how it works. That's an extremely basic, disingenuous, and entry-level attempt at deflection.

I never said that "everyone" who posts a pro-China video is a paid CCP shill. Not once. I have friends who have posted videos about the positives in their lives in China - I've even been in some of those videos.

I can talk at length about the things I loved about life in China, about the great experiences and times I had. Unfortunately, with that current climate, there's a glut of posters like you coming out here to try to boost China by endlessly playing the "west bad/China good" line and parroting insultingly crude propaganda that's meaningless to anyone with an I.Q. over 80 as though it was an Uno reverse card.

If you guys dropped this idiocy, I'd be more than happy to just talk about how much I enjoyed riding my bike around Guangdong, the lovely people I met, the excitement of new discoveries almost daily, the amazing artwork and architecture I saw, etc. I don't view this in an east vs. west way; I view them as two different but enjoyable and positive experiences that I'm fortunate to been able to live. But instead, here we are.

Also, I will freely admit, I've seen videos that were clearly funded by Falun Dafa, who in turn are likely getting their money from an NGO or the CIA or Soros' Jewish Space Laser Corps or whatever, which are clearly biased and which I'd never use to try to prove a point. Besides, there are plenty of channels which are maintained by people who aren't American, and who express ample criticism of the US, its government, or express unflattering opinions of its various policies, who also post lucidly and factually-backed critical analyses of China's current situation who I'd cite first.

For your part, you just happened to choose someone whose a literal embodiment of the paid shill we're denigrating here. If you can't recognize that from looking at it, but somehow thought that you were pulling a fast one, then I really don't know what to tell you.

You're right, we are.
well, if you have seen those video you've mentioned, and you still think she's paid by ccp, then I guess we're done.

Old 08-15-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:

You seem to make a LOT of assumptions about anyone that says anything contrary to the US/UK narrative.
Yes, that's exactly how it works. If you have no proof, then anything you accuse them of is speculation and baseless.

I'm STILL waiting for proof that Nathan Rich is a CCP operative.

If you can't provide proof, how about you refute some of his videos and talking points.

Old 08-15-2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
1. She only makes 1 video a week that get less than 100K views. With that viewcount, she will earn around $500 per month, which is not even enough to cover travel expenses, let alone hire staff.
2. All the videos are subtitled.
3. She only does travel videos, which is very difficult to do without help from the inside.
4. She mentions product promotions or collabs on her Youtube page and tell them to contact her on a Chinese government email address.

Could it be more obvious?

And of course you have full visibility into her family's finances right?
Subtitling videos is proof of what exactly?
Traveling is "difficult" to do in China? What is this, 1950s China? I thought that's what the HSR and other excellent modes of transport in China were for.
Where does it say it's a government email address?

Old 08-15-2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Besides, there are plenty of channels which are maintained by people who aren't American, and who express ample criticism of the US, its government, or express unflattering opinions of its various policies, who also post lucidly and factually-backed critical analyses of China's current situation who I'd cite first.

Such as...?
I know the two motorcycle buddies and their fat friend. Who else? I need more impartial youtubers because the ones I know of are all pro-China.

Quote:

Again, all accusation, no proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies