Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2022, 08:55 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I do know that, yes. I'm fully aware of why she said it, as well.

Someone took exception to my own generalization re: .223 and the AR platform in the other thread, however. Just pointing out that she isn't exactly wrong.
Agreed, she's just being a politician...trying to not let a good crisis go to waste....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2022, 08:55 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,968,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It's very difficult to define because there is nothing different about an AR compared to any other magazine fed semi auto rifle.

Now it seems like you are starting to get it.

Either all semi auto rifles get banned or none of them do. Magazine size is really the only difference. I don't think one can get larger than a 10 round mag for , say a Remington 750 Woodsmaster.
I think the light bulb is starting to go on for these people. Maybe soon they'll use more logic than emotion when looking at this issue.

Old 06-03-2022, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I think the light bulb is starting to go on for these people. Maybe soon they'll use more logic than emotion when looking at this issue.
Highly doubtful. Who are they going to believe, random people on the internet, or the politicians, media, and the View, whom are all telling them what they want to hear ?

Old 06-03-2022, 08:59 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They didn't have a standing army when the 2nd amendment was written so they relied on a regulated militia to defend us from foreign powers. Today we have a standing military that costs almost $1B per year, to think that every armed individual is part of some militia is absurd.

Well... the Taliban and other rag tag "militias" in the Middle East did a pretty good job of holding off that 1 Billion dollar per year military.. We are also seeing a largely civilian army hold back the Super power of Russia in the Ukraine. What would happen in America if 100 terrorists came across the Border and attacked a town? How quickly could the National Guard or Army be mobilized to fight back and save the citizens OR would it be better if the town leaders put the call out for the townsfolk to "gun up" and make a stand? It happened before and it could happen again.

What is really crazy is we have a bunch of our elected elite pounding the table and poised to make laws on something they have very little knowledge about and it shows when they open their mouths.

It is all or nothing with these fools while they miss the big point that it is not so much the weapon but the deranged mind of the killer.

You know when they talk about Race relations, Equality, Discrimination, Reparations etc.. they bring in People of Colour to talk about the issues but when it comes to guns they don't talk to anyone in the know.

Talking about banning guns is political theater. The Dems have already pitted one side against the other over this issue by saying that if you are NOT for gun bans then you are FOR murdering kids. How crazy is that when there is no middle ground but there seldom is with these people.

Old 06-03-2022, 11:12 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I figured we could keep a running list. The scariest type of people are those that want to "ban" things and remove constitutional rights without the SLIGHTEST KNOWLEDGE of the thing they want to ban.

These people are truly a menace to a lawful society because they use emotion, not knowledge and facts, to take a heavy hand to a constitution that millions of people have died for and brilliant men created.

I'll start:

1. The 1994 "Assault Weapons Ban" banned assault weapons. FALSE.
2. "You can't kill a dozen people in a minute with a handgun." FALSE.
3. AR-15s are very powerful...too powerful for deer hunting. FALSE.
4. There are no background checks on firearms sales in many states. FALSE.
5. AR-15s are not used for hunting. FALSE.
6. "Mass shootings only happen in the USA." FALSE.
7. "Most mass shooters use AR-15s." FALSE.

What other whoppers have you seen by these people lately?
Doesn't matter. Lots of people are sick of the shootings and people dying. Ask any of the loved ones of those killed. None of them could care less about your little list.

Old 06-03-2022, 11:22 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Doesn't matter. Lots of people are sick of the shootings and people dying. Ask any of the loved ones of those killed. None of them could care less about your little list.
...you see, it's all emotion to this person..no logic, no critical thinking just pure, unadulterated emotion...

Old 06-03-2022, 11:42 AM

16,094 posts, read 10,762,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
It's a slippery slope towards having any gun with higher than 6 round capacity made illegal.
I can't imagine why you would want to have a 30 round magazine or a ten round magazine. If the legal capacity was set at six rounds, what would you be missing. How would that infringe on your rights?

Old 06-03-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Finally something correct. Yes, I'm willing to bet 99% of this country are, with the exception of murderers and nutcases.

Old 06-03-2022, 12:26 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
We could care less how you feel. You want to ban a common hunting rifle because of your feeling.
My rights don't stop where your feelings begin.

Old 06-03-2022, 01:01 PM

19,803 posts, read 18,104,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So what is an AR 15 used for. Sorry, I honestly don't know.
Home defense
Target shooting
Varmint control - hogs, coyotes, jack-rabbits etc.
Deer and other smaller game hunting
Competition shooting of various types including at long range

https://thecmp.org/cmp-national-matches/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies